AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 15:44   Link #1781
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Yeah, it gets a lote of hate from LC fans who somehow believe Omega being done is the reason why they won't get more LC (which doesn't make sense at all, for many reasons).
If only Lost Canvas fans took the time to look at the OVA's sales figures in in this thread, they'd understand why it has yet to get a sequel, and probably never will. In Omega's case, since we're talking about a daytime TV series, there must be some revenue streams other than DVD/BD sales that make it profitable for Toei and Bandai.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2013-02-24 at 16:44.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 19:21   Link #1782
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
If only Lost Canvas fans took the time to look at the OVA's sales figures in in this thread, they'd understand why it has yet to get a sequel, and probably never will. In Omega's case, since we're talking about a daytime TV series, there must be some revenue streams other than DVD/BD sales that make it profitable for Toei and Bandai.
figures...

$55 on ebay....

--------
games...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...t-promo-and-ad
Old 2013-02-24, 21:07   Link #1783
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Well most of the reasons that LC and original fans dislike Omega is because of all the changes they made to make it look like precure.
Nah, it's really because they think Omega stopped LC from continuing. Just check the first post of this thread. They were complaining long before this series began, which proves my point.

And no, the hate comes mostly from LC fans, since Omega is way closer to the original. As an old fan of Saint Seiya, even though it's far from perfect, i enjoy Omega way more than Lost Canvas and its generic art style.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:37   Link #1784
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Nah, it's really because they think Omega stopped LC from continuing. Just check the first post of this thread. They were complaining long before this series began, which proves my point.

And no, the hate comes mostly from LC fans, since Omega is way closer to the original. As an old fan of Saint Seiya, even though it's far from perfect, i enjoy Omega way more than Lost Canvas and its generic art style.
Using the first post/page as a reference isn’t really fair though, as it’s been quite some time ago and most LC fans didn’t know about LC & Omega done by different studios & staffs when they posted their comments on that page. Now that LC fans know about the difference in studio, it’s unreasonable for them to keep blaming Omega for LC’s cancellation. So, I don’t think that’s what LC fans hate from Omega getting another season these days. They might hate the news simply because they don’t like Omega.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-02-24 at 22:54.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:44   Link #1785
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Using the first page as a reference isn’t really fair though, as it’s been quite some time ago and most LC fans didn’t know about LC & Omega done by different studios & staffs when they posted their comments on that page. Now that LC fans know about the difference in studio, it’s unreasonable for them to keep blaming Omega for LC’s cancellation. So, I don’t think that’s what LC fans hate from Omega getting another season these days. They might hate the news simply because they don’t like Omega.
After 46 episodes they still think thats the cause .

Just try facebook or twiitter, etc.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 22:56   Link #1786
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
After 46 episodes they still think thats the cause .

Just try facebook or twiitter, etc.
I'm not talking about the ones on FB or Twitter. I'm talking about LC fans who posted first (and other LC fans who have posted on that page) that Goty uses as reference.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:55   Link #1787
cyoti

Spoiler:

This has really diminished my excitement for Omega.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 17:19   Link #1788
Tetsu Aero

Quote:

Well duh of course they would complain. The Lost Canvas is the more adult version of Saint Seiya. And then seeing it downgraded to the bad writing and even more generic art of Omega was kinda of a chock. But it is sort of Omega's fault, since it would be unprofitable to air two Saint Seiya series at once.

@Uribatake: Actually those sales are in league with the Sailor Moon sales right above it. So they are neither bad or good.

Anyway: season 2 plot from the official site

Story:

With a new companion by their side, the young Saints will once again begin a fierce struggle! The Goddess Pallas, who has a deep grudge against Athena, and her servants, the Parasite warriors with the power to control time, emerge to threaten peace in Earth!

Character profiles:
Kouga: Pegasus Bronze Saint; he quickly starts a fierce battle with Subaru and the Parasites.

Yuna: Aquila Bronze Saint; she is trying to create a peaceful world and in order to rid the world of conflict she choose to fight against Pallas by her own will.
Souma: Lionet Bronze Saint; cheerful and friendly, Kouga’s loyal friend.
Ryuho: Dragon Bronze Saint; even if he is kind and hates fighting he is considered one of the most talented Saints of his generation.
Haruto: Wolf Bronze Saint; descendant of ninjas; he fights combining ninja and Saint attacks.
Eden: Orion Bronze Saint; the prideful son of Mars that is known as one of the strongest Bronze Saints of the generation.

Subaru: New character; a young ally for the new generation of Bronze Saints. He is a 12 year old troublemaker that uses the latest generation of Steel Cloth. He is immature, loves fighting and hates losing and teamwork. However, he has a deep desire to protect Athena and great talent. He hates Kouga because he got to live with Athena for many years and constantly tries to fight with him.

Pallas: The new antagonist; she has been closely associated with Athena since the age of Mythology. She is slowly absorbing Athena’s power in order to take over as the Goddess of Earth. Her objective is to destroy or steal everything precious to Athena.

Titan: Pallas’ protector. Completely ruthless; will do anything to accomplish his mission. He is constantly by Pallas’ side.

Parasites: Pallas’ army; they are equipped with Cloths known as the Cronotech. They have the ability to manipulate time and various weapons. Like Athena’s Saints, they are organized in Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Source: http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/sp/n130226.html

I loled at the bad research in Greek mythology
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 17:46   Link #1789
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

God, what the hell are they thinking? Nobody likes the Steel Saints. NOBODY!

The rest actually sounds alright. Pallas' army sounds more promising than Mars'.
Old 2013-02-25, 18:05   Link #1790
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Seriously? Steel Saint?

And if we look at it from the synopsis only, Subaru sounds really annoying. I guess we'll see.

And they actually named an individual "Titan"? Man, that's lame. It's like naming someone "Human".
Old 2013-02-25, 19:15   Link #1791
fukarming

Totally agree. Subaru, based on the synopsis, sounds very annoying. Is it true that young kids like this kind of character because it is someone they can identify with?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:29   Link #1792
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Saint Seiya Omega is also getting a manga
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...new-characters
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 19:58   Link #1793
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

As i've not seen the original series yet can someone tell me what a steel saint is?

The new antagonist sounds interesting. Though Subaru sounds very annoying.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:02   Link #1794
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The Steel Saint were a trio of secondary characters created by the anime staff to sell toys. The trick was that they didn't have cosmos and just used the power from their Clothes to create techniques. They never defeated anybody just assisted the main characters. Once Seiya and the others go the Sanctuary, the Steel Saints magically disappear and are never mentioned again.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 20:27   Link #1795
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So they were pretty much useless, i wonder why the staff chose to bring them back.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:41   Link #1796
ShiroiRyu

From Archange of Saintseiyapedia :
Some spoilers about season 2 (in french i hope you understand it) :

Spoiler:

It a little the same than Tetsu but with more details.
Pallas will be small at first.
Old 2013-02-25, 21:22   Link #1797
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
So they were pretty much useless, i wonder why the staff chose to bring them back.
Same reason why they were introduced so many years ago: as a gimmick to sell toys. The cartoon is sponsored by Bandai and it's looks like they want an arm and leg for the second season.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 21:33   Link #1798
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm curious of how Bandai will make the “rubber-y” Bronze Cloths in Omega into real armor-toy that can form the constellation like they did with saints, specters, mariners, and gods from SS & LC. They'll make it if they want it, no doubt. Just curious of how .
Old 2013-02-26, 00:35   Link #1799
belxebu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm curious of how Bandai will make the “rubber-y” Bronze Cloths in Omega into real armor-toy that can form the constellation like they did with saints, specters, mariners, and gods from SS & LC. They'll make it if they want it, no doubt. Just curious of how .
For that reason is that this new season they will change the design of cloths

I'm pretty sure that in the beginning they don't had the intention of selling toys, for that reason the last designns, the Golden Saints and the Shitenhou look like if their cloth can have a Object
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 02:25   Link #1800
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Kero Kero Ace has episode summaries for ep47-50:

Spoiler for Scan:

Spoiler for Text:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen