AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-13, 04:49   Link #621
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
That's the thing. Whenever it does get brought up it's not exactly eventful(?), just a few lines. I hoped for something like gleefully threatening someone with torture, getting giddy over new torture equipment or even expressing some of the ambitions in his character song like making people bow before him.
Well yeah, this is why his episode with the princess was kind of anticlimatic... and I wonder about his character song, too, he never seemed to have such ambitions and was always an ED fanboy, but who knows. Maybe secretly he's the final boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
And Sugita used a much softer voice than usual.
Heh, for me that was more like the Sugita I "know" - I first became aware of him when he played Mayama in Honey & Clover, and then I spent quite a lot of time with that series, so I got used to his softer, more youthful voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
Seriously, he should use more of the deeper voice. Much more potential than the whining characters he got typecasted in these days
Well, he should work on it a little before that (I thought they got some actor with no voice acting experience before I realized it was him ), but it would be nice to hear him use a deeper voice. Then again, I think what he needs is more variation (ha!) in voice types in his roles. (His "hero" voice is great, and he's also awesome in Shinsekai yori, really, he should get more serious/dramatic roles and adult characters...)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 05:19   Link #622
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Heh, for me that was more like the Sugita I "know" - I first became aware of him when he played Mayama in Honey & Clover, and then I spent quite a lot of time with that series, so I got used to his softer, more youthful voice.
I own Honey & Clover but I don't remember him using that voice, although its been awhile, excuse to watch it again.
Old 2013-03-13, 05:31   Link #623
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I own Honey & Clover but I don't remember him using that voice, although its been awhile, excuse to watch it again.
Well, obviously it's not the exact same voice he used in this episode, but closer to it than the deep voice Leon usually has.

(Actually, it's closer to Koyasu Takehito's voice. Like Kaji with Ishida Akira, Sugita can also do very convincing Koyasu impressions.)

Quote:
If you listen to the audio commentaries or watch their nicolives, they seem to have a blast recording every episode.
And it really does come across from the show. (ooh, the BDs have audio commentaries? that's good to know...) Also I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the show is full of ad-libbed lines... xD
Old 2013-03-13, 06:18   Link #624
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
And it really does come across from the show. (ooh, the BDs have audio commentaries? that's good to know...) Also I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the show is full of ad-libbed lines... xD
The audio commentaries (if you can even call that chaos that...) are hella fun cause it's nearly the entire main cast and the director minus Nakai just chit chatting with snacks laid out (you can hear them rummaging and eating ) for every single episode. Besides pointless banter there's also the usual bits of trivia such as how Kon's dragon boots existed solely to take out Erec's first golden ball, why the princess rode an alpaca for the rest of the series despite riding on some dinosaur thing in ep1 and how Kon's cat issues were actually based off the writer's personal experience.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 06:41   Link #625
kuromitsu

Uwaah, I need to hear that! XDD

(But no Nakai? Aww. Then again they would probably just troll the poor guy... XD)
Old 2013-03-13, 20:47   Link #626
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Wow. This episode is very good. That's some self-image Variation got there.

In Ixion Saga, most flashbacks is implied/subjective truth never objective
Old 2013-03-17, 13:01   Link #627
rpgman1

Watching the latest episode seems to bring another trope into play. That of protagonists who have bad luck. Also, KT is revealed to be a woman but only ED is clueless about her being a woman. Only 2 episodes left, but I thought it was going to be 26 episodes instead of 25.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 14:16   Link #628
Gundamx

lol many death flag cliche ...
family cliche (big brother)
friend cliche (princess)
promise to give message cliche
flash back cliche
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 15:43   Link #629
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I've semi-marathoned this, and it definitely has its amusing moments.

That said, why in the world are they called a sorority?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 16:37   Link #630
SinsI

Because they are actually called ウルガ教団 "kyoudan" - "Ulga religious organization".

Crunchy's mistranslators might've thought it should be written as something along the lines of 兄弟団 - "brotherhood".
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 18:40   Link #631
kuromitsu

Ep 23 - I don't know what was better about this ep, Kon being genre savvy and then making the mistake himself (really, Kon, a little girl with flowers?), or KT's big revelation that surprised no-one but poor ED. XDDDD EMILIAAAAAAAA!!! KT should just admit she posed as a guy so she could get her hands on ED without anyone being suspicious... And ohh poor Gustave, KT's got dirt on him... (I kind of totally ship KT and Gustave now, too bad that KT is so into ED. Though now that her cover is blown... XDDD)

Also, I'm more and more convinced that Almaflora is a dev or some high level player. But we still don't know what is Gustave's relationship with her (if it was her that he talked to some episodes earlier).
Old 2013-03-17, 21:09   Link #632
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Because they are actually called ウルガ教団 "kyoudan" - "Ulga religious organization".

Crunchy's mistranslators might've thought it should be written as something along the lines of 兄弟団 - "brotherhood".
It doesn't look any different from the Catholic Church hierarchy. The group is run by a bunch of old men and the leader is a powerful religious figure. It also reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics, which the church manipulated both sides in the war.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 22:31   Link #633
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Also, I'm more and more convinced that Almaflora is a dev or some high level player. But we still don't know what is Gustave's relationship with her (if it was her that he talked to some episodes earlier).
Pretty sure it's a red herring now that it's been revealed that Gustave is having difficulty paying for child support and his ex-wife's not happy about it.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 00:29   Link #634
garbage

oh man rofl this this this show really is a blast....what the heck all the oni-san coming out of the woodwork ahaha.
and that death flag scene & kon being genre-savvy...which is a flag itself, well it happened as follows
and those cliche bad luck sequence and who touches dog poop anyway ew
they finally let out that KT is in fact a girl, and Erec as a Dense male lead type was the only one who didn't get it.
and FOTNS whooo nostalgic.
Old 2013-03-18, 00:54   Link #635
Ridwan

An excellent antidote for the boring previous episode. Looks like the next will be as hilarious.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:47   Link #636
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
lol many death flag cliche ...
family cliche (big brother)
friend cliche (princess)
promise to give message cliche
flash back cliche
All lampshaded like crazy.

You got to love how ED is the only person who did not know KT's real gender. Looks like ED thinks he commited infidelity in light of this revelation. EMILIA!!!
Old 2013-03-18, 06:37   Link #637
kuromitsu

Quote:
Pretty sure it's a red herring now that it's been revealed that Gustave is having difficulty paying for child support and his ex-wife's not happy about it.
Yeah, I realized that right after I closed my browser. (I really should learn not to post after midnight...) Oh well, one more mystery solved.
Old 2013-03-18, 07:07   Link #638
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
But sorority means sisterhood. :/

But, good to see it is just a very poor mistranslation, and there is no meaning attached to it. Though with the one revelation this last episode, plus Eric having no balls...

I used to think Almaflora was actually the princess, from the future. Now I'm starting to think it is all a delusion, and it'll end with him waking up.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 03:07   Link #639
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
But sorority means sisterhood. :/

But, good to see it is just a very poor mistranslation, and there is no meaning attached to it. Though with the one revelation this last episode, plus Eric having no balls...

I used to think Almaflora was actually the princess, from the future. Now I'm starting to think it is all a delusion, and it'll end with him waking up.
In direct joke? Its a gag series not suppose to be taken seriously. Well not the first time they missed up. Tenzou Clothunit at your service!
Old 2013-03-20, 04:25   Link #640
SQA

I always figured it was a cheeky translation. This series isn't something to take serious, so it being a "sorority" would make sense. We just had an episode where Kon tripped *every* death flag available.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, fantasy, parody, shounen