AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-01-13, 22:15   Link #55701
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Mine is more of. "Okay so it would be really cool to start with a scene like this and it would be cool to end with a scene like this." Then I write up stuff that to keep continuing along. Sometimes I pause to think of a logical scene which I feel moves me. Either cool or interesting then I put it in somehow.

It's really messed up now how I wrote 48/49k words now that I think of it. Half the time I was just making shit up as I went along I had to make a lot of compromises.
Even when planned, compromises tend to be made. Like myself for example, in summary, I can say one thing, while in chapter actual, I would find myself writing another.

Thing is, the same thing occurs. Like a battle, but details tend to vary though still lead to the same end.

@Coco
Probably a couple, give or take. Even for a supersoldier, they're practically walking on stilts with their IS.

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2015-01-13 at 22:26.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 17:53   Link #55702
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Also, if it is Ichika who does this, a fitting punishment for him would be a few laps, but while carrying Tatenashi, who is in her IS suit.

my evil knows no bounds.
Old 2015-01-14, 20:17   Link #55703
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ugh, that may be a bit much...

And dat h-doujin RELOADED... Best. End. Ever. ...*whistles*

Hnn, UQ Holder x IS - I shall stew on this a bit.
Chifuyu as Yukihime is full of win and easily transferable. Ichika as the idiot protag Touta works as well and Char as Kuromaru works even better.
Old 2015-01-14, 22:58   Link #55704
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

According to novel, they're told to do 10 laps in the training field with I.S. parts on

...which has the circumference of 2 km, talk about spartan punishment (PIC or not, walking with that much bulk can't be easy)
Old 2015-01-14, 22:59   Link #55705
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Ugh, that may be a bit much...

And dat h-doujin RELOADED... Best. End. Ever. ...*whistles*

Hnn, UQ Holder x IS - I shall stew on this a bit.
Chifuyu as Yukihime is full of win and easily transferable. Ichika as the idiot protag Touta works as well and Char as Kuromaru works even better.
Which doujinshi are we talking about?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 23:24   Link #55706
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
According to novel, they're told to do 10 laps in the training field with I.S. parts on

...which has the circumference of 2 km, talk about spartan punishment (PIC or not, walking with that much bulk can't be easy)
No PIC so yeah, spartan.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 07:48   Link #55707
DarkJak2050

Now that reminds me of a post a while back.

What would be harder to do? Running 50kms? Or doing 50km of Shuttle runs on inline-skates?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 09:10   Link #55708
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Running. The in-line skates thing works you a lot in continuous strain. Running gives more impact though.
Old 2015-01-15, 09:55   Link #55709
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Which doujinshi are we talking about?
Check it out in Rapidswitch.me, you'll find it very interesting somehow
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 12:51   Link #55710
coco6561

Quote:
Running. The in-line skates thing works you a lot in continuous strain. Running gives more impact though.

Good to know. No wonder why students fear this punishment. How long do you think it would take to complete it?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 13:01   Link #55711
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Just for reference: An official marathon is 42.195km. Chifuyu is demanding that teenage girls run over a marathon, wearing an IS frame, without the PIC activated. Drill sergeants would KILL to get the leeway she apparently has with her trainees. That or piloting the IS really makes you 'high-specced' (which can make sense in a meta way as for why both Tabane and Chifuyu are so 'high-specced' compared to everyone else - they've been around it for much longer).

... or Izuru just has no idea...
Old 2015-01-15, 14:18   Link #55712
coco6561

I feel like I could write a short side story about that punishment.
Old 2015-01-15, 15:09   Link #55713
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

You probably could.

It would also probably take 4 1/2 to 5 hrs for them to complete it. Average pace for a marathon is 4 hrs and some change. But that's just average humans running it without any of the IS equipment so... yeah. Probably would take them all day unless they are physically enhanced in some way and even then, wearing even parts of the IS frame would drastically increase their pace time.

~*~

"Haah, what an exhausting day," Chifuyu muttered as she opened the small gate to her house. Teaching brats was always exhausting but ever since she told her class that she'd personally take the one to land a hit on her up to Tokyo, she had been receiving an endless stream of challenges. She paused at the door, a small smile on her face as she recalled their faces this morning as she blew them away. Brats though they may be, it made her smile to see them earnestly trying so hard for their dream. A big, fat pipe dream that will leave them disillusioned with the world and all of its illusions.

"Ichika, I'm home~" she called, pushing open the door. As she took her shoes off, it took her but a moment to realize that the air was different. Normally Ichika gets home before she does and is usually cooking their supper by now. There was no trace of cooking in the air. She extended her senses for moment, a thin yet strong 'pulse' emitting from her body not unlike a sonar. ...nothing back.

"..." She walked through the doorway into the main room and glanced at the kitchen. Two pots were on the stove but nothing was turned on. She glanced back straight ahead, her fingers slowly forming into her patented claw form. "Oh where could my dear little brother have gone now," she murmured sweetly as she felt the spike in violent intent just behind and above her.

*WHAM!*

She glanced up just as Ichika swung the bokuto at her, using her right arm to block it flawlessly. "I thought the 'fly' was a little to big, so it was you," she smiled up at a grinning Ichika. She grabbed at the sword but he withdrew it before she could get a grip on the smooth surface and swung at her again. She blocked his 2nd strike with the back of her hand, rotated her wrist and grabbed onto the wooden weapon. With a yank, she pulled him close to her and latched her fingers around his throat.
"Still not good enough, Ichika."

"Aw man, I thought I had you this time," he whined, barely struggling in her grip. She had not exerted any of her power so he was just being held between her fingers.

"You wish you had me," she released him and playfully swatted at his head, which he ducked and bounced out of reach. "Still, you are betting better at hiding your presence than before, I'll give you that much."

"Hee hee, thanks Chifuyu-nee," the young boy leaned the wooden sword up against the wall and went towards the kitchen. "How does chicken stew sound?"

"Sounds delicious." She took off her jacket and began to unzip her skirt. A woman her 'age' living with a young boy like this. Oh her contemporaries would not let her hear the end of it. Still, he cooked better than any one of them. "How long?"

"About 30 minutes. Ah, the bath is all ready if you want."

"I'll do that then, thanks."

She poured the contents of a strange purple vial into the water before entering the tub. As she soaked, her mind began to wander back to when she took the young boy known as Ichika under her care. She gave a rueful chuckle. Centuries of living and she gets done in by one sob story just because this boy just happened to remind her of him... But truly, the boy was in every way, shape, and form exactly like her brother... She had lived long enough - if the powers that be could not let her indulge in a small fantasy of living with her (reincarnated) younger brother again, then to hell with them. The memories of playing ball with him outside their family's house in feudal Japan came up in her mind as fresh as if it had happened yesterday....

"Chifuyu-nee~ Dinner's almost done."

She opened her eyes with a start, jolting the water around her. "Hnn, okay, I'll be out in a moment."

Last edited by Tempest35; 2015-01-15 at 18:09.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 17:36   Link #55714
coco6561

I have a question about Laura's AIC. I know that it works by canceling the inertia of any object or weapon. To use this Laura has to concentrate on said object. So if Laura were using the AIC to stop something and she lost focus like just for a second, would the AIC stop working for that short period of time?
Old 2015-01-15, 17:41   Link #55715
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco6561 View Post
Good to know. No wonder why students fear this punishment. How long do you think it would take to complete it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco6561 View Post
I feel like I could write a short side story about that punishment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
You probably could.

It would also probably take 4 1/2 to 5 hrs for them to complete it. Average pace for a marathon is 4 hrs and some change. But that's just average humans running it without any of the IS equipment so... yeah. Probably would take them all day unless they are physically enhanced in some way and even then, wearing even parts of the IS frame would drastically cut their pace time.
Now I remember why I look at IS pilots differently. Not to mention, why I posted these a while ago:

Spoiler for IS Academy Students and IS Pilots:

Spoiler for Representative Candidate Images ("Finished" Ver.):
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 21:37   Link #55716
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

*recalls that scene where the other students whinge about unpowered walking when Celeste just trudges by in full Schwarz terminator honors*

Old 2015-01-15, 21:51   Link #55717
coco6561

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
*recalls that scene where the other students whinge about unpowered walking when Celeste just trudges by in full Schwarz terminator honors*

When as that?

Man I ask a lot of qestions
Old 2015-01-15, 22:04   Link #55718
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Meister had his own world of IS. Good to ask him for ideas. Bad to ssk for canon reference.
Old 2015-01-15, 22:06   Link #55719
coco6561

ok. and If I can't find an answer, I'll just say yes
Old 2015-01-15, 22:50   Link #55720
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Now that I think about it, aren't they augmented at all, at least to deal with the waves upon waves of info given by the IS? Or is that factored into their ranking... ugh, been a while since I actually dealt with the specifics of IS actual.

Tabane augmented herself, (nanomachine body modification?) so I think that Chi-chan might have inadvertently gotten some of those modifications as well. An injection to make sure that she doesn't reject Core 001...? *shrugs*

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest