AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2013-08-26, 14:29   Link #2261
AnimeFan188

You No Longer Need To Be an Artist To Appear In Your Own Comic Book:

"If you haven't been able to convince publishers your life would make for an awesome
comic book, and can't draw more than a crude stick figure facsimile of yourself, you
can thank the imaging researchers at the Kanagawa Institute of Technology in Japan.
They've created a fun system that can automatically generate manga-style comics
starring anyone striking a pose in front of its camera.

Edge-detection filters and other imaging tricks are used to turn photos of people into
what appear to be hand-drawn images, with backgrounds automatically inserted based
on their pose, and other elements positioned to line up with their hands or heads."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/you-no-longer-nee...-ow-1200563965
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 16:41   Link #2262
AnimeFan188

How Scientists Plan To Send Hibernating Astronauts to Mars:

"A lot of things are falling into place for NASA's inevitable moonshot to Mars. (Mars-
shot?) However, one of the original challenges remains one of the more elusive ones:
How do you get the astronauts to live on a spaceship for six months without going
crazy? You put them to sleep, that's how."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/how-scientists-pl...o-m-1200941340
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 17:24   Link #2263
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
How Scientists Plan To Send Hibernating Astronauts to Mars:

"A lot of things are falling into place for NASA's inevitable moonshot to Mars. (Mars-
shot?) However, one of the original challenges remains one of the more elusive ones:
How do you get the astronauts to live on a spaceship for six months without going
crazy? You put them to sleep, that's how."

See:

http://gizmodo.com/how-scientists-pl...o-m-1200941340
Put me to sleep so I'll not go crazy? I'll be crazy thinking I'll might never watch an anime again. I'll bring with me a dvd player, a tv and lots of anime DVDs.... and energy drinks.. I'll make a record for the longest anime watch in outer space ever done between Earth and Mars!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 17:25   Link #2264
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Unless energy consumption was a problem (for internet and stuff), I'm pretty sure I'd grow less crazy in a six months voyage than by the idea of a six months nap...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 20:20   Link #2265
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Put me to sleep so I'll not go crazy? I'll be crazy thinking I'll might never watch an anime again. I'll bring with me a dvd player, a tv and lots of anime DVDs.... and energy drinks.. I'll make a record for the longest anime watch in outer space ever done between Earth and Mars!
Need to research high bandwidth long range information transfer so that they can download anime from the internet.

Although the 10+ minutes latiency would be problematic
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:42   Link #2266
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Bandwidth is one thing, speed of light is another.
Old 2013-08-27, 12:25   Link #2267
SummeryDreams

I'll bring with me a guitar, and will sing everyday, compose songs, and anything music. I don't think I'd go crazy. I will not be alone right? So basically, social life is not too possible. (be happy though if someone really pretty is on board).
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 14:30   Link #2268
Zakoo

Cool to have water on mars, but water unadapted to our body won't help us if we send cobaye there.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 14:57   Link #2269
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"water unadapted to our body "? Water's water. It may need some treatment to remove impurities, but so what?
Old 2013-08-27, 15:05   Link #2270
Zakoo

Not the appropriate ion in good concentration = osmosis problem
Too much potassium = hyperkalemia

Only two examples I remember from my health lessons, but there should be others.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:09   Link #2271
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

We do have treatment systems for that that are used commercially. They aren't all that large for the small number of people to be in this colony for its first ten years.

One thing to question, what mineral deposits are available in appropreate landing/colony sites? Do they have salt nearby? Was there ever a salty sea in Mar's past to have salt beds still.
Old 2013-08-28, 03:11   Link #2272
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

What puzzles me more is, that there are actually people out there who seriously want to move to the Mars as soon as possible.

If you send them in the antarctis for some years (a far more habitable place than Mars), it might cure their bizarre wanderlust.
Old 2013-08-28, 04:07   Link #2273
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
What puzzles me more is, that there are actually people out there who seriously want to move to the Mars as soon as possible.

If you send them in the antarctis for some years (a far more habitable place than Mars), it might cure their bizarre wanderlust.
That is why research consortiums and PMCs exist. You get paid to go on an adventure!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 05:46   Link #2274
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

they go hand in hand to for the annual company zombie shoot too.
Old 2013-08-28, 13:23   Link #2275
SummeryDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Not the appropriate ion in good concentration = osmosis problem
Too much potassium = hyperkalemia

Only two examples I remember from my health lessons, but there should be others.
You can distilled it, then mix some electrolytes that is enough to sustain good fluid in our body. Not so impossible. Easy to do by the way.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 13:36   Link #2276
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They have people in Antartica already and there are cruises and the like to that continent. So people want to go there. Maybe not to live, but their is less a sense of expanding our horizons in colonizing that continent than heading off to Mars.

For one thing, anything we do to Antartica will effect the rest of our own planet, perhaps negatively. We can almost get away with anything on Mars since we can attempt to make it habitable without destroying the ecology of Earth.
Old 2013-08-28, 13:42   Link #2277
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We can almost get away with anything on Mars since we can attempt to make it habitable without destroying the ecology of Earth.
Great, thanks for jinxing it. Now the first settlers are going to unearth (...unmars?) a Predator or space Cthulu or something, which will promptly seek out more flesh and blood, coming straight to Earth. Way to go.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 13:51   Link #2278
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nah, it's fine. It's going to be some kind of gateway to hell, but one space marine should be enough to settle it.
Old 2013-08-28, 14:05   Link #2279
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only if it happens to have a spacecraft of its own, cause the getting off Mars bit is not covered for sure yet, though I think NASA is working on that bit for their own manned exploration missions, rather than the privately funded Mars One colony.

Though at the present rate, the private sector might get people to Mars first. But that could be a good thing if their is no practial nationalism involved in the first humans to Mars. No one country doing the deed since it is an international corperation or private individual funding the matter. No one country can stake a claim, and no nationalism based space race to Mars.
Old 2013-08-28, 20:38   Link #2280
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nah, it's fine. It's going to be some kind of gateway to hell, but one space marine should be enough to settle it.
I wish I could + you for that.

Endless "Cyberdemon" Soul