AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 03:42   Link #4061
zamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
But what if what Urahara did with his pills is to allow the captain's existing reiatsu to be mixed together with a tiny bit of hollow's reiatsu? That way their bankai, once taken back, can never be stolen by the Quincy again. And I'm starting to get why Ichigo may be the only hope they got. He has a more than just a bit of hollow in him!
It would be a nice logical explaination. Which does not not belong to Bleach . But it would be surprising for the Quincy to not have a countermeasure against that weakness.
And in the end the quincy are still supposed to be far stronger than the shinigami. I mean "Mohawk" could withstand Yamamoto flames. I guess Ichigo still need to save the day.
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 04:12   Link #4062
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamas View Post
It would be a nice logical explaination. Which does not not belong to Bleach . But it would be surprising for the Quincy to not have a countermeasure against that weakness.
And in the end the quincy are still supposed to be far stronger than the shinigami. I mean "Mohawk" could withstand Yamamoto flames. I guess Ichigo still need to save the day.
I wouldn't say far stronger. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered coming up with a way to seal the bankai in the first place. I also wonder if anything would happen if they put one of those pills on the remains of Ryujinjakka.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 04:52   Link #4063
zamas

An other question is does it make effect even when the bankai is still stored, or only when used. I guess it work all the time, because if not, there is no way the Quicy will abandon the bankai.
Old 2013-10-08, 05:17   Link #4064
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

So I'm guessing the Vizards should wipe the floor
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 06:04   Link #4065
ReinhartX

am i the only one disturbed at how ohmaeda was seen with the black pill =3
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 07:21   Link #4066
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well, damn... Bleach is getting interesting again. Who would have thought. I like the primal fear explanation for why the Q hate the H. I doubt he planned it, but it does make sense. Also... maybe Omaeda has a Bankai. How could would that be?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 07:52   Link #4067
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
am i thig only one disturbed at how ohmaeda was seen with the black pill =3
With a couple of exceptions, the only ones who have shown the power to Bankai are Captains and Vice-Captains, so it's logical for those to be the ones the pills are sent to. No time to be picky on who they send to. (Sucks for Ikkaku.) Presumably Omaeda either has been holding out on us, or he's going to hold onto it for someone later on.

My guess? He's got a healing Bankai he's been ashamed of displaying before now (since it's not a manly fighting ability) and was refraining from using in this instance for fear of it being stolen. Now safe to use it, he'll be using it on Soi Fong and imouto-chan. This also solves the logistical issue of no longer having Unohana.

My issue with the chapter is that all this went on with one of the Sternritters standing right there watching Urahara and Mayuri explain and implement the plan to remove their trump card ability, and no one on either side did or mentioned anything about it. Does he have some kind of memory-altering stealth ability? Did Mayuri whack him "off-screen"? Did he run off to warn Yhwach? Did Kubo just forget about him...? ^_^

As for the Quincy weakness revelation, who knows? Maybe this was one of Kubo's original plans all along. It would certainly explain why the Quincy developed the practice of using long-range weapons, as engaging a hollow in melee combat would be almost certainly deadly with the slightest counterattack. I do wonder why it took Urahara this long to figure it out, given that he has personal experience with the effects of Hollows on Quincy...

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-10-08 at 08:20.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 08:31   Link #4068
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

But Hirako's Bankai must have been Hollowfied before this. I guess they'll have to explain that the Soul King or something like that cleaned the Vizards.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:26   Link #4069
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamas View Post
So 552 is out. And I can't stay silent anymore.

So hollow are poison to quincy huh... So we're gonna make it so that the bankai hollofy for a few second so that it became poison for the Quincy. That was too easy even for Bleach.
So now the captains will get their bankai back. Bankai that were useless just a week ago. And the're gonna kick the Quincy ass. Really ? And what prevent the quincy to steal them again ? I don't think Urahara has unlimited supplies of magic candy...
Urahara states the pills prevents them from stealing their bankais.

Those who had their bankais stolen worked on their base powers and abilities and increased them dramatically. Going bankai multiplies that power even more. Basic shounen math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
My issue with the chapter is that all this went on with one of the Sternritters standing right there watching Urahara and Mayuri explain and implement the plan to remove their trump card ability, and no one on either side did or mentioned anything about it. Does he have some kind of memory-altering stealth ability? Did Mayuri whack him "off-screen"? Did he run off to warn Yhwach? Did Kubo just forget about him...? ^_^
edit: probably too late to try and communicate anything, but it is a bit of a blunder to forget about the guy w/out showing him actually leaving like he intended.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2013-10-08 at 09:49.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 09:28   Link #4070
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
But Hirako's Bankai must have been Hollowfied before this. I guess they'll have to explain that the Soul King or something like that cleaned the Vizards.
Hirako and the other Vizards never used their bankais against the Quincies. They're most likely immune like Ichigo but didn't know it until now because they didn't test it out.
Old 2013-10-08, 11:32   Link #4071
azenable
President of TecoT

Hmm didn't a certain female quincy, who later married a shinigami got biten by White? and said captain even say thats a small wound no big deal.

Suddenly Hollow are poison ?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:35   Link #4072
zamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Urahara states the pills prevents them from stealing their bankais.
Not really. He just say it will maybe get the bankai bak. And we don't know if it works even when the Quincy don't use the bankai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Those who had their bankais stolen worked on their base powers and abilities and increased them dramatically. Going bankai multiplies that power even more. Basic shounen math.
Dramatically increased power seems a little bit exagereted. In just one week, they won't go from useless to invincible. The only one who can do that is Ichigo. And even if it was the case, I doubt they would be able to catch up with the Quincy real power. They still got their transformation ("vollstanding" or whatever the name was). But since we're in Bleach it could work out.
Old 2013-10-08, 11:53   Link #4073
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
Hmm didn't a certain female quincy, who later married a shinigami got biten by White? and said captain even say thats a small wound no big deal.

you're forgetting aizen was involved with the white incident. we know he designed white, so maybe he designed him to not be poisonous to quincies. since aizen knows everything, then it follows that he knew the quincy were in soul society and he knew about their weakness. he was experimenting to give shinigami hollow powers after all. could it be that aizen is a good guy and was actually trying to make the shinigami powerful enough to fight the quincy?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 12:46   Link #4074
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post

That's why they had to tie her life to Ichigo's father (at the expense of his powers). She was dying until they did that.
Old 2013-10-08, 14:34   Link #4075
BlueCosmos

Off topic question. I was retreading some chapters and read that juha Bach, killed all the quinces except ishida by taking there power. How is ishida's dad alive then.
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:38   Link #4076
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Lolscience strikes again! But whatever, we all know the shinigami won't be able to do shit until Ichigo comes back anyway so Bach will fuck up everyone.

So...is Matsumoto dead?

Did Kubo seriously just opened up the possibilities of the Vizards actually succeeding? Because after the poor showing they gave with Aizen, they sure could use a break!

If Urahara's in SS with Mayuri, then where's the nakama and Grimmjow at? Is Yoruichi with them?

Serious Question: Wouldn't this chapter mean that basically Ishida should've died on the spot when Ichigo was in Hollow form all those years ago in HM and tore his stomach?

Did that VR with Mayuri really leave or what? If he left....PUSSY! If he didn't...then LOL the two so-called geniuses of the series basically just put a target on themselves.

Otherwise, I don't really have anything else other than we all know damn well Ichigo will save their asses since the shinigami can't wipe their butts without Ichigo.
Old 2013-10-08, 14:47   Link #4077
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCosmos View Post
Off topic question. I was retreading some chapters and read that juha Bach, killed all the quinces except ishida by taking there power. How is ishida's dad alive then.
He killed all the impure/unworthy Quincies. Not all of them (else he wouldn't even have an army).
Old 2013-10-08, 14:54   Link #4078
ChampDream
Alive

lol, Mayuri really hate Urahara, anyway I guess the quincies need to give back the bankai they stole, so they don't die.
Old 2013-10-08, 15:37   Link #4079
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I almost though that they will hollowfy all the Captain...
meh! I truly hope they aren't turning into Vizard.... current Vizards are enough

Urahara and Mayuri's interaction is funny
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 16:07   Link #4080
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
That's why they had to tie her life to Ichigo's father (at the expense of his powers). She was dying until they did that.
oh yea, that's right. well, i still think aizen knows everything. actually that makes it sound even better since at that time he learned that quincies find hollow poisonous. that's why he started hollowfication in the first place i'm sure of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
So...is Matsumoto dead?
she better fucking not well better not be!
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter