AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-05, 04:15   Link #101
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
Wow, I'm sad that everyone gets to discuss further on when I'm still so far back on book 6 >.<. Oh well, the new novel is coming out on Tuesday, and I'm very excited for that =D.
Old 2008-01-08, 19:04   Link #102
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Oh I just finished manga vol.6 myself. This manga is excellent. So much drama! I wish the anime had been more like that!

Poor Karin and Usui-kun though.
Old 2008-01-10, 14:35   Link #103
Anime*RAWR
Otaku?

Send a message via AIM to Anime*RAWR Send a message via MSN to Anime*RAWR
Im reading the manga, not the novel >_< I have book 1,2,3,5,6 i cant find book 4 in any stores, and im not sure if book 7 is out yet. I think its the last, correct?

But yeah this is my all time favorite manga, its great and i love the art work in it.

Last edited by Anime*RAWR; 2008-01-11 at 11:14. Reason: Had my foot in my mouth?
Old 2008-01-10, 16:21   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

1) The manga volumes are available at Barnes & Nobles or other fine bookstores. Ask them to order it if it isn't on the shelf. You can also order it online if you live away from a major city.

2) Volume 7 (call them volumes) is about to come out in a few weeks (check at bn.com and search).

3) The anime Karin is licensed. Asking where to find it is an insta-ban by forum rules. Since you just joined, I recommend you READ the Forum Rules before you post again and edit your post, eh?

Unfortunately, the licensed distributor Geneon folded shop after producing Anime DVD volumes 1-3 of Karin. We're all hoping they're finding someone to hand it to so production can be finished.

Its really pretty easy to find subs of Karin and anime with some deft Googling, though.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-01-11 at 02:49.
Old 2008-01-10, 20:49   Link #105
Lock_n_shock
n00b

Its suppose to have a total of 13 volumes. 7 i'm guessing just came out. I cant find 6 at any of the books store we have here. I'll just have to get one of stores to order it.
Old 2008-01-11, 11:18   Link #106
Anime*RAWR
Otaku?

Send a message via AIM to Anime*RAWR Send a message via MSN to Anime*RAWR
Picture this:
It's christmas morning, you see a present thats shaped strangly like books,
two days earlier you bought a new manga series, only volumes 1 and 2.
You open your present, BAM! Volume 3, 5 and 6 where the hell is 4?!!?!
And that was my christmas, and im still hunting for book 4 x_x In the mean time
i've been buying Chrono Crusade since theres only 8 volumes and i've watched all the anime.
Old 2008-01-12, 14:03   Link #107
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Crap, it seems I was right.

This series really will end at Volume 14. T_T

Well, let's hope the ending is a good one. If anyone here gets Dragon AGE magazine, I hope you tell me what happens (because I don't live in Japan), because I'm really anxious to see the ending.

Volume 14 comes out in the summer, BTW.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:54   Link #108
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I'm about half way through the forth novel (I'm going slow on this one -_-. I finished the other three in a day for each.). It's pretty good so far. They finally talk about Anju and her dad more in this book.
Old 2008-02-01, 00:50   Link #109
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

OH MY GOD, I JUST READ CHAPTER 57 (part of volume 14, but I bought the magazine just to read it) AND IT WOULD HAVE MADE ME CRY MANLY TEARS IF I WAS A MAN. T_T

Spoiler:

Good work, Kagesaki-san, you still make me moe over this manga like a schoolgirl (well, I used to be one). XD
Old 2008-02-01, 01:49   Link #110
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriXX View Post
OH MY GOD, I JUST READ CHAPTER 57 (part of volume 14, but I bought the magazine just to read it) AND IT WOULD HAVE MADE ME CRY MANLY TEARS IF I WAS A MAN. T_T

Spoiler:

Good work, Kagesaki-san, you still make me moe over this manga like a schoolgirl (well, I used to be one). XD
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-01, 05:54   Link #111
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-02, 11:21   Link #112
X207
Gamyūsa

how much of the manga volumes does the anime cover? i havent read any so far and saw the anime a long time ago so im a bit out of the loop.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:05   Link #113
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
how much of the manga volumes does the anime cover? i havent read any so far and saw the anime a long time ago so im a bit out of the loop.
The first five volumes is what the anime covers, but it diverts from the manga from the start of the sixth volume (because of the vampire hunter storyline), although some parts were even changed before then, so even the early volumes of the manga are worth looking at too.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:18   Link #114
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
The first five volumes is what the anime covers, but it diverts from the manga from the start of the sixth volume (because of the vampire hunter storyline), although some parts were even changed before then, so even the early volumes of the manga are worth looking at too.
Actually, the anime only covered volumes 1, 2, and 5. It completely dropped out Fumio's subplot regarding the runaway highschooler girl hiding at the love motel from volume 3.

Just included the last subplot from the end of Volume 4 when Karin first gave in to her vampires' instincts and was about to bite Kenta.
Old 2008-02-02, 15:30   Link #115
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-02, 16:31   Link #116
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Actually, the anime only covered volumes 1, 2, and 5. It completely dropped out Fumio's subplot regarding the runaway highschooler girl hiding at the love motel from volume 3.

Just included the last subplot from the end of Volume 4 when Karin first gave in to her vampires' instincts and was about to bite Kenta.
ty to both of you. maybe i might check it out.
Old 2008-02-02, 23:43   Link #117
MatriXX
Sho' nuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler:
That speech bubble said "arigato", which I'm sure everyone knows what it means. XD

That last line Karin said is referring to her talking about something else (which is on the next page), because she can't hear her, obviously.

Thanks for the translation. Now I understand that much better.
Old 2008-02-12, 02:05   Link #118
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for latest chapter:

Spoiler for discussion:

Ironically, I'm listening to the full anime OP/ED as I write this...JC Staff should make a second season.
Old 2008-02-12, 02:31   Link #119
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Spoiler for discussion:

Ironically, I'm listening to the full anime OP/ED as I write this...JC Staff should make a second season.
*half-sobs*
Yokatta, yokatta~~
Still a bit sad on that one part
Spoiler:

But, this is a good way to end it.
*still about to sob*

Now to wait for the English releases... Or maybe get the JP version...

Old 2008-02-12, 03:33   Link #120
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

Spoiler for discussion:

Where'd you get the chapters?! I MUST HAVE!!!!

So is this actually the last chapter? Or is this just the latest chapter? I'm assuming the former given the nature of this chapter, but you never know when they'll pull in a full epilogue chapter...

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the discussions, but what happened to Yuriya and Fumio? And what about the other vampire families? They just agreed to let Karin off the hook?

Tags
shounen, vampire