AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-06-01, 02:26   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Thumbs up Zelda: Twilight Princess

Looks impressive. They said the Wii version will have enhanced graphics, maybe these are pics from the Wii version. Game is going to look great. It will support widescreen and progressive scan. Wii version will allow you to use the new controller, or GCN controller, if you like. This will be a launch title, as well.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 02:34   Link #2
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Hear that? That's the sound of my head exploding in anticipation for Twilight Princess and the Wii.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 03:03   Link #3
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

This will be the first Wii game I grab at launch. Just watching the previews and screenshots make me drool in anticipation, not to mention the Wii controls with the arrow shooting and fishing.

I really liked how they updated the Twilight world with the new look. The oversaturation and exposure really gives a unique and dreamlike quality~
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 03:59   Link #4
Dural
Me > You

When Link goes into Okami mode, the game just looks too fucking gorgeus.

Can't wait for this.
Dural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 06:43   Link #5
bicyclerace

Wow, never seen the new okami mode pictures...! Soooo coool.
Is the Gc version going to be released before the Wii version? Think I´m going to buy the Gc version if its released sooner, heck, I would even buy a Gc (if didn´t already have one) just to get the game as quick as possible!

Guess this goes under the Zelda: Twilight Princess topic...
Gay Mag Votes Link Sexiest Guy
bicyclerace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 14:33   Link #6
Dural
Me > You

They are being released at the same time.
Dural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-01, 16:35   Link #7
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
From what Ive read in interviews with Aunoma and Miyamoto, the graphical differences on the versions will be minimal, with the exception of the widescreen.

Ive been waiting for this game too damn long, it has been almost a torture.

And although I really like the wiimote functionality, I see this game as a last gen game and therefore I prefer to use the traditional controls. Besides Im a bit pissed about that decision, a reminder that even for Nintendo the priority is money, not the games.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 05:41   Link #8
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

they moved zelda to this new nintendo wII garbage?

that really makes me mad.

ive been waiting for this stupid game a year now. makes me wish i never supported the gamecube since nintendo is just using it to line their pockets and offering almost no support.
the only game i have yet to use my broadband for was PSO now its just sitting there. and where is my animal crossing 2? they better stop releasing all these stupid mario party games, im really starting to get ticked.

i will definately not buy a wII when it is first released unless there is some kind of zelda bundle then i guess i have to.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 07:22   Link #9
Ending

Looks a bit like Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Are they using DRM too?
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 13:15   Link #10
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
they moved zelda to this new nintendo wII garbage?

Please read more closely next time. This game will be released on BOTH the GameCube and the Wii.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 13:35   Link #11
arias

I don't believe that those pictures weren't photoshopped with a soft gloss.

But fack, I've lost out on the past two Zelda titles and I'm not going to let this one go past me.. : p I'll need to acquire a used GameCube or something, along with Mario Sunshine and Windwaker. But.. it's also my final year and I need to focus. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 15:00   Link #12
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I don't believe that those pictures weren't photoshopped with a soft gloss.

But fack, I've lost out on the past two Zelda titles and I'm not going to let this one go past me.. : p I'll need to acquire a used GameCube or something, along with Mario Sunshine and Windwaker. But.. it's also my final year and I need to focus. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If you get a Cube, I recommend checking out Metroid Prime, as well, and RE 4 if you haven't played it on PS2. Also, if you are a fan of the older RE games, I really recommend the RE Remake. It is a great remake; they really changed a lot and did an overhaul for this remake.
Old 2006-06-03, 16:53   Link #13
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
If you get a Cube, I recommend checking out Metroid Prime, as well, and RE 4 if you haven't played it on PS2. Also, if you are a fan of the older RE games, I really recommend the RE Remake. It is a great remake; they really changed a lot and did an overhaul for this remake.
I'm abit interested in Metroid, so that's a good suggestion. RE4 I've actually played on the PS2, but I've not completed. The game just gets increasingly harder and more challenging as it goes along --- while I have enough gaming skills to cope with it reasonably, it puts ALOT of stress on me... so I'm putting it aside for awhile : p I don't think I'll be playing the RE remake.. I only have so much time to dispense.

Is the Wii backwards compatible, though? If it is, I'll get it instead.. if not, I wonder if I should miss out on Windwaker/Sunshine. Mm.
Old 2006-06-03, 17:09   Link #14
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
I'm abit interested in Metroid, so that's a good suggestion. RE4 I've actually played on the PS2, but I've not completed. The game just gets increasingly harder and more challenging as it goes along --- while I have enough gaming skills to cope with it reasonably, it puts ALOT of stress on me... so I'm putting it aside for awhile : p I don't think I'll be playing the RE remake.. I only have so much time to dispense.

Is the Wii backwards compatible, though? If it is, I'll get it instead.. if not, I wonder if I should miss out on Windwaker/Sunshine. Mm.

According to the Nintendo President, Iwata, Wii will be fully backwards compatible. At the time being, articles on this suggest it should be backwards compatible like how PS2 is backwards compatible (Very good, nearly 100% of PS1 library playable), not like X360 BC (shoddy).

If you do get a Wii, you might as well get the Wii version of Twilight Princess. The Wii version will allow you to play on both the new controller as well as give you the option of using a GCN controller or the traditional controller shell.
Old 2006-06-03, 17:20   Link #15
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
According to the Nintendo President, Iwata, Wii will be fully backwards compatible. At the time being, articles on this suggest it should be backwards compatible like how PS2 is backwards compatible (Very good, nearly 100% of PS1 library playable), not like X360 BC (shoddy).

If you do get a Wii, you might as well get the Wii version of Twilight Princess. The Wii version will allow you to play on both the new controller as well as give you the option of using a GCN controller or the traditional controller shell.
Mm.. that's a great idea. I guess I'll be getting a Wii this December Or probably earlier, since I'm pretty sure it'll run out of stock quickly. Problem is, I'll probably be graduating next May and moving again.. the prospect of having to carry more things is not making me happy. But for now, I guess it'll be Wii and Zelda this happy December
Old 2006-06-03, 20:31   Link #16
Busaiku Chama
爆発

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess looks and sounds to be amazing.
Claimed by EAD executives to be the best one yet!
The Legend Of Zelda series being my favorite Nintendo franchise (and overall favorite game franchise), I am really looking forward to the Wii version.

I'm also glad EAD decided to stray away from voice acting.
Old 2006-06-04, 04:26   Link #17
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

if zelda is on both systems then dont you find the new system a bit lacking in the hardware department? i mean if the GC and play almost the exact thing why would you even want a wii? for the goofy controller? because we all know nintendo hasnt released goofy controllers in the past that have failed miserably.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 06:53   Link #18
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Mm.. that's a great idea. I guess I'll be getting a Wii this December Or probably earlier, since I'm pretty sure it'll run out of stock quickly. Problem is, I'll probably be graduating next May and moving again.. the prospect of having to carry more things is not making me happy. But for now, I guess it'll be Wii and Zelda this happy December
The Wii is pretty tiny though. Something the size of 3 DVD cases stacked together can't be that much of a problem, can it?
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 01:24   Link #19
Lumiliun
L

since zelda will be released to gc i'm not gonna buy wii right away, because if i wait the price will drop....
i have no money....
Lumiliun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-05, 02:23   Link #20
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
if zelda is on both systems then dont you find the new system a bit lacking in the hardware department? i mean if the GC and play almost the exact thing why would you even want a wii? for the goofy controller? because we all know nintendo hasnt released goofy controllers in the past that have failed miserably.
I don't find it lacking in the Wii lacking in graphics. In fact, the game looks absolutely beautiful, moreso than most next gen games coming out this Q4. While there are many games out to wow the gaming crowd with particle effects, shaders, etc., there are only a few handful of games that stand out artistically. Twilight Princess happens to be one of them.

The controller is not 'goofy'. If anything, it's an extension of your hand. Instead of pressing X or O, you can swing your hand. Instead of aiming with an analog stick, you can point at the screen. Instead of pressing left or right to steer, you can tilt the controller like a real wheel. It's the immersion factor that the controller gives and delivers to the gamer.

I bet in 4 years or so, we will all be looking back at those old days when we use played on those button controllers and think... "Oh man... now that's goofy!"
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote