AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-22, 04:31   Link #5621
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And can someone check the Jap version whether there are actual clearly marked parts to the Epilogue? I'm considering moving onto that after Ch12's done, but the Chinese version is just one big part... and I don't like taking on large chunks of text at once =/
what page is it when the final battle is over and index wake up?

because if I remember it right it just say end or something....... I don't remember seeing a divider on it.

I would check on it.

EDIT:

The silent to small fire doesn't have a dividing part. Just a chunks of text. You know with different parties talking in the last part. The Author should just put 1 or 2 a dividing part but he didn't.... lack of time? I don't know.

It's kinda confusing when the story shifts to different party

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-22 at 05:42.
Old 2010-10-22, 12:44   Link #5622
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, good to have you back on the translating team, Flere821.

As for me, Volume 11 Chp 4 complete. I would like to arrest Ice Block for critically injuring a loli.

I told myself not to read Volume 22 until I finished Volume 11, but I can't stand the wait, so next week will be a rush to finish up Volume 11.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:08   Link #5623
tsunade666

wow talking about fast. Fast translation. I was reading it up just a couple of minutes ago after watching episode 3. And by that time it's not yet finish. But only up to the point of when Lucia and Angelene helps Touma and Orsola against the nuns.

Thanks for the translation.

EDIT:

after reading it. Ice Block should be blame but not the ice block we know in the forum.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-10-22 at 13:42.
Old 2010-10-23, 00:31   Link #5624
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Hah! I see what you mean.

Thanks as always for the fast and consistent translations. This volume is getting more and more action packed. Loved that double diversion tactic. And that radar-sonar document thing was pretty cool. It's no wonder that they don't even try to use present-day tech. Magic is like several decades ahead.
Old 2010-10-23, 01:07   Link #5625
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm not sure if it's from the chinese or japanese but I think because the way you translate it differs from one another.... or the style? basically the same but how to put it..... nah I no good at explaining it.

Cosmic translate only the part where touma collided with the angel while flare translate the whole part.

Though I remember that their is still a bit onto that part.

After the welcome the death.

The result of the search party and the awakening of index.
yeah...Flere has the whole part. And yup, Japanese and Mandarin translations have slight differences...also the way we chose to translate it into English impacts a lot. Because literal translations for some lines don't make much sense in english...
Old 2010-10-23, 01:12   Link #5626
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
holy right took out a satellite in the orbit?

The chapter 9 and 10 aren't translated yet. but first time for me to heard that holy right took a satellite. I thought that was index.

the strike that reaches everything ....... I think it's been explained in the few pages back... or not.

But simply put the holy right as an omnipotent ability. That's the best way to describe it. It matches the opponents ability.

For the Imagine breaker shows absolute negation of super natural abilities the holy right is the power to absolute conquer everything.

If fiamma sets you as a target for the holy right thanks through index knowledge because without the controller of index Fiamma can't access the knowledge needed to control holy right.

And when holy right is set on it's target.... jet let it do it's job. It's a one hit KO attack to begin with. Just like divine punishment of vent.

When ever ever you are as long as you had malice towards her. You would be put into unconscious state.

Holy right works that way. Wherever you are you would get hit.
Yes...it's in the early part of the Broken Right hand chapter. Before the explanation on Fianma not needing factors of battle and how Holy Right wins victory the moment Fianma uses it etc etc... Academy tried to take him out with a laser strike from orbit.

The Third Arm dissipated the shot and took out the satelites....

Which also goes to show that if Academy really wanted to they could obliterate any non-godlike enemy at will...

When fighting Touma, he was largely using destructive beams that Touma deflected as he could not negate them. The Third Arm uses sword attacks as well.

Later on, Fianma uses Holy Right to launch a Telesma strike to wipe out Eurasia.

Quote:
And can someone check the Jap version whether there are actual clearly marked parts to the Epilogue? I'm considering moving onto that after Ch12's done, but the Chinese version is just one big part... and I don't like taking on large chunks of text at once =/ ]
Epilogue....name is

Silence and the end of youth_Silent_to_Small_Fire

Parts are divided by spacing...

Like the War Reports.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2010-10-23 at 01:27.
Old 2010-10-23, 07:13   Link #5627
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Summary of the Kanzaki SS Part 2:
Spoiler for kanzaki ss pt 2:

Summary of summary:
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-10-23, 07:53   Link #5628
Miraluka
Banned

So they were salt pillars , thank you very much for the summary cubicjack.
Old 2010-10-23, 11:06   Link #5629
zaeraal

to all translator working on to aru novels - seriusly guys, you have my utmost respect for what you are doing. I tried to translate a SINGLE page from railgun mini novel, and it took me with my zero jap skills 5 hours, it was not a problem to search a word in several dictionaries, but to get an understandable meaning out of that absolutely crazy sentences was like hell. Then i checked how much it will cost if i want to get it translated and uhm 20cent per word (about 10k dollars per novel cca).. And you guys are doing it for free, thats really something.

Spoiler for you can enjoi the single page here:
only 211 pages remaining..

Last edited by zaeraal; 2010-10-23 at 13:59.
Old 2010-10-23, 11:22   Link #5630
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
to all translator working on to aru novels - seriusly guys, you have my utmost respect for what you are doing. I tried to translate a SINGLE page from railgun mini novel, and it took me with my zero jap skills 5 hours, it was not a problem to search a word in several dictionaries, but to get an understandable meaning out of that absolutely crazy sentences was like hell. Then i checked how much it will cost if i want to get it translated and uhm 20cent per word (about 1k dollars per novel cca).. And you guys are doing it for free, thats really something.

Spoiler for you can enjoi the single page here:
only 211 pages remaining..
Heh...now you know how hard it is......vocab is the least of your worries actually. Worst is advanced grammar like rhetorical expressions, double negatives, idioms etc...You could be breezing through the pages like nothing when you read but when you need to turn that into English......utter nightmare.

And what the hell, there's a Railgun novel?!
Old 2010-10-23, 11:27   Link #5631
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Yes. It was an 8-part SS that came with the Index S1 DVDs. There are also some other Railgun short stories.
Old 2010-10-23, 11:30   Link #5632
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Ah, made a mistake, my bad.

Will finish up part 2 of Chp 5 soon.
Old 2010-10-23, 11:41   Link #5633
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Heh...now you know how hard it is......vocab is the least of your worries actually. Worst is advanced grammar like rhetorical expressions, double negatives, idioms etc...You could be breezing through the pages like nothing when you read but when you need to turn that into English......utter nightmare.

yes there is a railgun novel, it has 212 pages divided into 8 parts, each is called respectively "the 1st,2nd...8th story", its about a "vacation" on a artificial island near US west coast and the entire island is a big theme park, with a bunch of terrorists. They meet Xochitl, then fight a bit and later free the prisoners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Yes. It was an 8-part SS that came with the Index S1 DVDs. There are also some other Railgun short stories.
Uhm what short stories? I heard only about this light novel, another one should come with the index II blue ray, where mikoto will be in rusia with lessar.
Old 2010-10-23, 11:52   Link #5634
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Uhm what short stories? I heard only about this light novel, another one should come with the index II blue ray, where mikoto will be in rusia with lessar.
That one with Uiharu helping with a carjack incident while wearing a parachute, and that one with the loli Kihara.

They both looked insignificant and filler-ish, so I haven't read either of them yet.
Old 2010-10-23, 12:40   Link #5635
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Then i checked how much it will cost if i want to get it translated and uhm 20cent per word (about 1k dollars per novel cca).. And you guys are doing it for free, thats really something.
I'm kind of intrigued here. Take volume 7 for example:

Prologue: 4,528 words
Chapter 1: 12,525 words
Chapter 2: 22,387 words
Chapter 3: 15,589 words
Chapter 4: 11,081 words
Epilogue: 4,701 words

Too lazy to do the maths, and sleepy, so I will leave the calculations to you guys. Thanks for the compliments anyway.

Anyway, Chp5 started, parts 1 and 2 done.
Old 2010-10-23, 13:03   Link #5636
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

Too lazy to do the maths, and sleepy, so I will leave the calculations to you guys. Thanks for the compliments anyway.

Prolougue: $905.60
Chapter one: $2505.00
Chapter 2: $4477.40
Chapter 3: $3117.80
Chapter 4: $2216.20
Epilougue: $940.2

Total: $14162.20
Old 2010-10-23, 13:48   Link #5637
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Wow. I didn't think translation was hard either. I thought it was like translating Spanish to english. THANKS U TRANSLATORS.

Also, Baka-tsuki.
Can u guys , if u can, put up the short stories like kanzaki ss and railgun shorts. Dont translate them just put up novel illustrations please..
Old 2010-10-23, 14:28   Link #5638
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Wow. I didn't think translation was hard either. I thought it was like translating Spanish to english. THANKS U TRANSLATORS.

Also, Baka-tsuki.
Can u guys , if u can, put up the short stories like kanzaki ss and railgun shorts. Dont translate them just put up novel illustrations please..
well i got 8years spanish, 6years english, +my own native language and its derivation. But trying to do jap to en, that was on a whole different lv.

here you have railgun mini novel images :
Spoiler for images:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

oh yeah i didnt added a 0 there, its not 1k per novel, but cca 10k in the standard translator tax you can find on internet.
Old 2010-10-23, 14:58   Link #5639
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Wow. I didn't think translation was hard either. I thought it was like translating Spanish to english.
Spanish to English is easier because it's a lot closer to English as a language. (Also, I recall some website that ranked languages difficulty to learn based on where you live, from 1–5.) Knowing both languages well will obviously help a lot, like English is a fairly complicated language with a simple alphabet, but you don't need to be good with sentence structure and grammar to convey what you mean (though it really helps).
Old 2010-10-23, 17:32   Link #5640
tsunade666

Unhappy

I can`t believe I will be posting here using a psp. my computer is dead and kami is kami for using his pfp. translating from spanish to engling is a lot easier than translating moon runes. thanks for translation and I can`t view the spoiler here in the psp. better read the one in BT.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen