AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 32 21.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 30.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 28.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 12.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-07, 18:01   Link #81
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Spoiler for review:

8/10 because I enjoyed the episode. Again I ask some reviewers to try not to scare out anime-only viewers.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-07, 18:07   Link #82
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Spoiler for review:

What clapping scene ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
So I'm not the only one who thought so. =P

I'm glad someone else noticed it XDDD
Old 2009-10-07, 19:21   Link #83
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
clapping scene = the moment at the coronation scene when they both are applauding for Eva's coronation (and Beato makes a remark about how strange it is considering they're enemies)
Old 2009-10-07, 20:10   Link #84
immblueversion

Cuts and changes to music are to be expected from Deen.

But why does it even actually matter, anyway? For those of us who have the original sound novels (like me), can't we just read them again, let alone listen to the songs?

Music is music. If you don't like it, just play the songs you want to hear, then use your imagination to put them to the scenes you wanted them to be in.

What's done is done, and I'm still watching it.

I didn't really expect Happiness of the Marionette to be in it anyway. But I am glad they actually used a new track to compensate rather than recycle another.

But like I said, why should that really matter?

BTW, I gave the episode an 8/10. The anime's getting progressively better. And now to completely start off with a clean slate with my opinion for next week's episode so I don't get my hopes astronomically high for what they will or won't do.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2009-10-07 at 20:47. Reason: Adding something.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:12   Link #85
MarthX

People expect and want a perfect 1:1 adaption. Everything has to be done exactly the way the VN did.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:15   Link #86
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post

But why does it even actually matter, anyway? For those of us who have the original sound novels (like me), can't we just read them again, let alone listen to the songs?

Music is music. If you don't like it, just play the songs you want to hear, then use your imagination to put them to the scenes you wanted them to be in.

I didn't really expect Happiness of the Marionette to be in it anyway. But I am glad they actually used a new track to compensate rather than recycle another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
People expect and want a perfect 1:1 adaption. Everything has to be done exactly the way the VN did.
NO NOT AT ALL

I think i will have to put these ten times, the problem is not why they take happines of the marrionete, the problem is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the anime is another medium by itself, but it is an adaptation above anything else.
By this definition, the objective of such is to provide the essence of the source material, with an actual adaptation into the anime format.

The problem isn't actually why they didn't use X or Y track. The problem is: why do they use some of them, but then just misplace others or totally ignore some. That's how I see the reactions
Old 2009-10-07, 20:42   Link #87
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

I honestly don't care too much about music, it's just music, I care more about the story. Sure it's good and everything but still to make a big deal about the music every time a new episode comes out is just plain annoying. They could have made it worse and had none of the music as they did with Higurashi, it's lucky that they even keep some of the tracks. Music is not everything in this novel/adaption sure you can hide behind an excuse like "gives certain mood for a certain scene" but in the end of it all, it's just music, an adaption is like stated a dozen times before not an exact duplicate of the original source. To that Klash statement you keep repeating, If your complaining about some of the novel's music is being played while others are not, would you be happier if they didn't use any of the music at all and replaced the entire thing with made-up music? Or is it because they get your hopes up when a familiar song comes up and in another scene they fail your expectations when they use another track? Just take it as it is and be happy that some familiar music comes up, that way you won't have to be disappointed after getting to a certain scene and that music you like doesn't come on.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:45   Link #88
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor .A. Nox View Post
I honestly don't care too much about music, it's just music, I care more about the story. Sure it's good and everything but still to make a big deal about the music every time a new episode comes out is just plain annoying. They could have made it worse and had none of the music as they did with Higurashi, it's lucky that they even keep some of the tracks. Music is not everything in this novel/adaption sure you can hide behind an excuse like "gives certain mood for a certain scene" but in the end of it all, it's just music, an adaption is like stated a dozen times before not an exact duplicate of the original source. To that Klash statement you keep repeating, If your complaining about some of the novel's music is being played while others are not, would you be happier if they didn't use any of the music at all and replaced the entire thing with made-up music? Or is it because they get your hopes up when a familiar song comes up and in another scene they fail your expectations when they use another track? Just take it as it is and be happy that some familiar music comes up, that way you won't have to be disappointed after getting to a certain scene and that music you like doesn't come on.
Precisely.

But since I got quite a bit of music memorized, I can hear it any time I want. That's why it doesn't bother me.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:08   Link #89
luckyssol

Good episode, but the scene (rough translation):

Kyrie: Eva the color of your face looks bad...
Hideyoshi: Could be a little fever...
Kyrie: Shall we call Doctor Nanjo?
Eva: No, its fine. Just let me rest in my room a little...

In the VN it was Krauss who suggested to call Nanjo. I don't know why they changed who said that line.

The only con I have is the choice in BGM so far. I'm probably spoiled from the VN's epic BGM though.

I liked this episode and I'll give it a 10 for a good adaptation of Beato's cute side. The previous episode ended my streak of consectutive 10s so hopefully we'll get good quality for the rest of the way.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:11   Link #90
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is probable that who said it doesn't matter. Or they just didn't want it to look like Krauss gives a damn about Eva.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:11   Link #91
renalevel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post

well i didn't play the visual novel but what you said for me is all nonsense XD is like making an anime with super generic music what's the matter? you can play nice song in your computer then hahahahahahaha.
I love the umineko anime but i don't play the sound novel and based in the anime i don`t care about the music at all, in other animes i really love the music i love the bgm in anime personally i think is a fundamental part in a history but i don't know why even using some bgm from the visual novel i don't like how deen use it that's why i'm jelous of the fans that really love the music from the visual novel =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanor .A. Nox View Post
If your complaining about some of the novel's music is being played while others are not, would you be happier if they didn't use any of the music at all and replaced the entire thing with made-up music? Or is it because they get your hopes up when a familiar song comes up and in another scene they fail your expectations when they use another track? Just take it as it is and be happy that some familiar music comes up, that way you won't have to be disappointed after getting to a certain scene and that music you like doesn't come on.
Why some people is so conformist XD if there are people that have their hopes up and want the nice bgm from the visual novel IS OK =) i think is the worst way of think to said " Just take it as it is and be happy that some familiar music comes up, that way you won't have to be disappointed after getting to a certain scene and that music you like doesn't come on" come on we have to be exigent we are the fans who buys the products i buy a lot of import anime from japan extremely expensive so i like people to be exigent =)

i'm a great fan of the visual novel of clannad and in the anime they leave every bgm from the visual novel and i really love that it makes me cry of how beautifully it was so I understand how people want the scenes to make you feel like the visual novel =)
Old 2009-10-07, 21:13   Link #92
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
I think happiness of marionette being taken out is a great loss (for one, I love the song, and it made that scene a lot more powerful) but its what.... a 3 minute long scene in the anime (probably, waiting on subs) and I'm gonna watch the episode once, and then maybe again before season 2 comes out, I think I can live through a short scene not having a BGM I liked
Old 2009-10-07, 21:14   Link #93
MarthX

Looking around on other forums, it seems most people who haven't read the VN don't care which tracks aren't played and are tired of hearing complaints that they weren't used.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:25   Link #94
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Looking around on other forums, it seems most people who haven't read the VN don't care which tracks aren't played and are tired of hearing complaints that they weren't used.
It's ok to complain as long as you don't treat it like it's the end of the franchise (which is usually the case). But by this time, you'd expect some people wouldn't be too expectful of DEEN and lower their expectations a bit.

Going back on topic,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol
In the VN it was Krauss who suggested to call Nanjo. I don't know why they changed who said that line.
Minor changes in dialogue don't really matter. There has been changes on speakers since episode 1 (George noticed the lack of seagulls, etc.).

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:34   Link #95
renalevel5

Quote:
That's what people like me who only sees the anime thinks. before reading the forums i think the music in umineko isn't importat at all and was very simple but when i realize this was based in a sound novel and that everyone loves the music i feel rather bad because the music in the umineko anime don't make me feel anything in particular and in a lot of parts the visual novel players said they were very hype or almost cry and in the anime at that parts it feels like a very common scene i think that's why the music help.
In conclusion i understand the anime viewers who don't care about the music because it seems deen don’t want to concentrate in the music, but I also understand the visual novel players that wants ther beautiful bgms from the visual novel=)

The real problem are the cuts from the original material and if the adaptation was good enough to make you feel the same as the visual novel, in my case i like the anime despite the problems everyone mentioned but i prefer a lot of other animes that were release these year and i also like more higurashi =)
Old 2009-10-07, 21:45   Link #96
immblueversion

Quote:
Well, I'm not one who hasn't read the original, and I'm not one to care about the music.

Now let me excuse myself from this subject, since it's getting me nowhere fast.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:47   Link #97
luckyssol

Quote:
Minor changes in dialogue don't really matter. There has been changes on speakers since episode 1 (George noticed the lack of seagulls, etc.).
I can't argue why I think that line may or may not be important in this thread.

But I agree that if a person has a line in the VN and a different person says that line in the anime then it probably does not matter who said the line.
Old 2009-10-07, 23:10   Link #98
USCPharmacist

ZOMG, GEORGE = BATTLER CONFIRMED!!!! EHE j/k
Old 2009-10-07, 23:48   Link #99
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
ZOMG, GEORGE = BATTLER CONFIRMED!!!! EHE j/k
huh? That was way off topic.

Regarding that line again, I don't think it's a problem theorizing in this thread that Hideyoshi lied about Eva's fever when he checked her forehead. If she really was coming down with a fever it would be a good idea for a doctor check. Yet she refused immediately.

This would eliminate the alibi for Eva when Rosa and Maria were murdered.
Old 2009-10-08, 00:08   Link #100
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Pfff...
Moe-ed to Beatrice... orz...

Quote:
8/10 because I enjoyed the episode. Again I ask some reviewers to try not to scare out anime-only viewers.
Wa~~~~~~~~~~~y too late... I'm personally wondering why I still bother looking around this anime's threads myself.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread