AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-12, 12:17   Link #1521
Homura7

Chapter is out:

http://www.raw-paradise.com/
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 12:17   Link #1522
Lummie

Spoiler for Spoiler chap 27:

Ah, raw is already out.

Last edited by Lummie; 2009-11-12 at 12:30.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 12:27   Link #1523
Homura7

Spoiler for Ch 27:

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-12 at 13:06.
Old 2009-11-12, 16:42   Link #1524
Arturro

I've seen raws, and I must admit, it's first chapter of MB since chapter 7 which looks promising. I don't understand japanese so after reading translation my opinion might be different. I hope it wont change.

Spoiler:

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 16:45   Link #1525
Homura7

Arturro, Zen is the hero and he still is, but don't forget there's the heroine too Besides, he will never be a secondary because he just can't be. Once you're the main you keep that role no matter if there're some chapters with less spotlight than in others.

Anyway, translation is already out (WTF, so fast!)

http://mangahelpers.com/t/shadowskill/releases/17537

After reading it, everything sounds even more awesome than just reading the chapter in japanese.

Spoiler for Ch 27:

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-12 at 17:00.
Old 2009-11-12, 17:52   Link #1526
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Arturro, Zen is the hero and he still is, but don't forget there's the heroine too Besides, he will never be a secondary because he just can't be. Once you're the main you keep that role no matter if there're some chapters with less spotlight than in others.

Anyway, translation is already out (WTF, so fast!)

http://mangahelpers.com/t/shadowskill/releases/17537

After reading it, everything sounds even more awesome than just reading the chapter in japanese.

Spoiler for Ch 27:
Didn't they already reveal what the flask plan was about? I thought the headmaster fellow said that the point of the plan was to turn normal people into abnormals several chapters ago.

That being said, I want my mentally unstable Zenkichi who has been subjected to being turned into an abnormal.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 17:56   Link #1527
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Didn't they already reveal what the flask plan was about? I thought the headmaster fellow said that the point of the plan was to turn normal people into abnormals several chapters ago.
But to detail now, he even talked about the lab center below the school.
Quote:
That being said, I want my mentally unstable Zenkichi who has been subjected to being turned into an abnormal.
Arturro is gonna kill you
Old 2009-11-12, 18:41   Link #1528
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
The difference between protagonists, secondary and tertiary characters is their importance for the story, and if they can be replaced by other characters. Protagonist is someone who is irreplaceable for a story. In "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" Haruhi is absent for most of the story. But without her existence that story wouldn't make any sense. If character could be replaced, but not by anyone, then he/she is a secondary character. In Zero In manga Kina Monjou was replaced by Shikie Misono. Both are secondary characters. And both have more importance for Zero In story that Zenkichi has for Medaka Box.

Since chapter 8 Zenkichi could be replaced by any other character, in most cases even a random schoolmate. Try to read again those chapters imagining that in place of Zenkichi someone other is talking - Akune, Nabeshima, Shiranui, random classmate. Such exchange won't influence the plot even a little. In last two chapters he has a role of sidekick, so he couldn't be replaced by anyone, but both Akune and Nabeshima would work in his place as good.

Quote:
Arturro is gonna kill you
It's true that I'm a little bit antisocial but not enough to persecute people because of their opinions or hopes

It's true that Zenkichi development is going in direction I dislike, but at least it was hinted, that he will have to power up by lots of efforts, not by magic tricks. I could stomach it (heh, I even like HSDK).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid
You're right, there wasn't any real explanation, just some informations were confirmed and a few new informations were revealed. Still it's an improvement.
As an explanation I want to read: what are abnormals (what is source oftheir supernatural powers), who is behind flask plan (if it's just principal, how he is so powerful), some real flashback about Medaka family and Zenkichi and Medaka connection. And why is anyone, except those class 13 willingly working as guinea pigs, learning in a school full of freaks, and where anyone could be injured, disgraced of even killed by one of those freaks.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 19:23   Link #1529
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
The difference between protagonists, secondary and tertiary characters is their importance for the story, and if they can be replaced by other characters. Protagonist is someone who is irreplaceable for a story. In "The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi" Haruhi is absent for most of the story. But without her existence that story wouldn't make any sense. If character could be replaced, but not by anyone, then he/she is a secondary character. In Zero In manga Kina Monjou was replaced by Shikie Misono. Both are secondary characters. And both have more importance for Zero In story that Zenkichi has for Medaka Box.

Since chapter 8 Zenkichi could be replaced by any other character, in most cases even a random schoolmate. Try to read again those chapters imagining that in place of Zenkichi someone other is talking - Akune, Nabeshima, Shiranui, random classmate. Such exchange won't influence the plot even a little. In last two chapters he has a role of sidekick, so he couldn't be replaced by anyone, but both Akune and Nabeshima would work in his place as good.
What are you trying to tell me with the Harui's example? If you mean that despite her long absence in that arc she keeps being main because without her the whole story wouldn't make any sence, then I agree. Is that what you mean? Correct me if I misunderstood.

Though you're right that Zen could be replaced by anyone in those chapters, there're still some inner dialogues of him that couldn't be told by anyone but him. For example, when he remembered the first time Medaka went Perses mode.

I can understand your complains about Zen's role being so reduced up until now, but despite all this, he keeps being a main because his existence is vital for Medaka's development, and he's too the only one who, through effort, can go from lowest rank to highest in the student council. But we too musn't forget Medaka is the heroine.

And finally about the last part, I don't think Nabeshima or Akune would work in his place, mainly because they're not that close to Medaka. Thus, her brother wouldn't train them. Me thinks you went too far in this last one. Whatever you think, Zen's role in the latest chapters can't be played by no one but him.

But anyway. About the chapter, good, no?

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-11-12 at 19:38.
Old 2009-11-12, 23:05   Link #1530
Amegashita
Still bad at Japanese

Leaving like for the manga out of this post I would like to say that, I think this manga is reaching its conclusion. Why's that you ask? Simple.

Myself, as a writer, when I lose interest in a story and want to end it quickly I'll start skipping things and explaining plot holes as quickly as possibly in however way seems to flow best. Best example of this in Medaka box, chapter 26. Near the chapters end Medaka and Zenkichi begin their training and then, 12 hours later, at the location of the date with the king, the chapter ends. Usually when an author skips a training arc, he either comes back to it later, or he leaves it blank and to the readers imagination because he's trying to go through the story as quickly as possible. To me this is one good example of this manga's coming end.

Another one is exactly what someone else had said earlier on a different forum. When an author begins to rush an ending, from either pressure or lack of interest, there are more explanations of things that should take a little more time to develop. There is also a great increase, at least in mangas and comics, of panels per page and text boxes. Originally Medaka box had around 3 through 5 panels per page. Right now its averaging around 4 through 6, maybe 7, a page. Not only that but I've started to see a great increase in the number of text boxes on each page now then from the earlier chapters.

But I could be wrong.

Not only that but the headmaster has begun, explaining more about the flask plan and even mentioned the secret laboratory underneath the school. In all seriousness, there's not much you can do after this arc is finished.

I'm not saying that you can't, I'm just saying that it would be a very difficult thing to do.
Amegashita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 00:40   Link #1531
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amegashita View Post
Leaving like for the manga out of this post I would like to say that, I think this manga is reaching its conclusion. Why's that you ask? Simple.

Myself, as a writer, when I lose interest in a story and want to end it quickly I'll start skipping things and explaining plot holes as quickly as possibly in however way seems to flow best. Best example of this in Medaka box, chapter 26. Near the chapters end Medaka and Zenkichi begin their training and then, 12 hours later, at the location of the date with the king, the chapter ends. Usually when an author skips a training arc, he either comes back to it later, or he leaves it blank and to the readers imagination because he's trying to go through the story as quickly as possible. To me this is one good example of this manga's coming end.
I hope not. MB is great, I like it.

The author gets it. He gets rid of the stupid training that lasts 4 weeks with no plot development.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 00:44   Link #1532
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amegashita View Post
Another one is exactly what someone else had said earlier on a different forum. When an author begins to rush an ending, from either pressure or lack of interest, there are more explanations of things that should take a little more time to develop. There is also a great increase, at least in mangas and comics, of panels per page and text boxes. Originally Medaka box had around 3 through 5 panels per page. Right now its averaging around 4 through 6, maybe 7, a page. Not only that but I've started to see a great increase in the number of text boxes on each page now then from the earlier chapters.

But I could be wrong.

Not only that but the headmaster has begun, explaining more about the flask plan and even mentioned the secret laboratory underneath the school. In all seriousness, there's not much you can do after this arc is finished.

I'm not saying that you can't, I'm just saying that it would be a very difficult thing to do.
Interesting... Maybe the author finally saw the Medaka rankings and is preparing up for it. It seems like it is kinda rushing.

Heres just a thought about what to do after the arc: how about developing the characters, build some relationship, or maybe focus back on the box that has somehow disappeared along the way.

edit: keep in mind that all this b/s about abnormals only happen after the swim arc, so if they are eliminated, it would go back to normal... right???
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 00:59   Link #1533
Wrath88
Kissing...

Let me see if I got this about the Flask plan right:
Simplified, it is trying to make abnormals (Lv 3) out of normals (Lv 1) and specials (Lv 2).
Don't exactly know what methods, but after reading 26, it seems like they're trying organ transplants as one of their methods?
Old 2009-11-13, 01:02   Link #1534
mammothb

uhm, so they wont show wat kind of training they went through? (medaka and that guy)
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 04:09   Link #1535
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I'll have to wait until I get home to look at the RAWs. At work now and sadly, the iPhone can't download the .rars for me to read while on lunch.

I really hope the manga isn't ending. After months of crap, it's finally starting to show some promise. I think that if it does end soon we'll probably never see another manga by Nishio Ishin. He'll probably blame the lack if success on the readers bad taste instead of on his own ineptitude at reaching the audience.

Edit: Ok, looked through them and read the translation and it does seem to be moving fast. I really hope that now that things are getting interesting, it doesn't just end in a week or two. I wouldn't be surprised, though, as the same thing did happen to Double Arts.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-11-13 at 09:12.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 11:48   Link #1536
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I really hope the manga isn't ending. After months of crap, it's finally starting to show some promise. I think that if it does end soon we'll probably never see another manga by Nishio Ishin. He'll probably blame the lack if success on the readers bad taste instead of on his own ineptitude at reaching the audience
It's WSJ, the readers do have bad taste or Bleach would've ended years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Nishio just moves to another magazine, I think he'll be better in a mag that isn't WSJ, something like Magazine would be good. Or if he stays with the same company moving to a monthly manga mag would be ideal.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:30   Link #1537
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's WSJ, the readers do have bad taste or Bleach would've ended years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Nishio just moves to another magazine, I think he'll be better in a mag that isn't WSJ, something like Magazine would be good. Or if he stays with the same company moving to a monthly manga mag would be ideal.
I guess his great reputation as novelist grants him more credit than any other of the newest authors of WSJ.
Old 2009-11-13, 13:07   Link #1538
Jze0
Hmmm...

I don't know but I'm glad there was no training arc, I hate those so much. Better to just move on and come back to it again in a flash back or something rather than spenting a couple chapters on boring stuff. (I blame you Bleach)

Things are getting more and more interesting. I like where this flask plan is going, hopefully things process smoothly and we get to see some more things develop nicely. As for Medaka Box ending soon, I really don't get those vibes from reading the latest chapter. If anything it feels like things are just getting started but then again I could be wrong. I guess I'm just trying to be hopeful and well... I hope it doesn't end because there alot to cover.
Old 2009-11-13, 17:13   Link #1539
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Let me see if I got this about the Flask plan right:
Simplified, it is trying to make abnormals (Lv 3) out of normals (Lv 1) and specials (Lv 2).
Don't exactly know what methods, but after reading 26, it seems like they're trying organ transplants as one of their methods?
well, another rich old man with a crazy dream. It does seem his granddaughter is also in the plan but she is lying to Zenkichi.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 04:43   Link #1540
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
uhm, so they wont show wat kind of training they went through? (medaka and that guy)
come on, so many fighting mangas just show the training in a recap, probably after they beat their opponent, or while they´re kicking his ass, he asks how could they so suddenly powerup
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council