AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 14:15   Link #81
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
I mean we're just arguing what if's at this point, but honestly, if you were baby lucy, wouldn't you always remember that mysterious girl with that pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand? This isn't a memory that you just forget, it's something you think about and think about until you get old enough to finally be able to join Fairy Tail. Not to mention, why didn't Lucy even bother to look for the mysterious girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo once she got into FT?

All I'm saying is the reason you have this problem is because this was all an afterthought by the author, it wasn't incorporated into the beginning. As a result, this scene seems a bit ridiculous to me, or hard to believe that this was one of the deciding factors for Lucy to join the guild. If the author had originally planned to have a time-travel back experience, then the author would've included scenes in the beginning of the series hinting towards Lucy's reason for joining FT in the beginning --> I.e. - to find that mysterious "onee-san" who saved her/ the girl with the pink fairy tail tattoo on her right hand, etc. And then when we finally got this OVA, it would all make more sense and be more believable.
The first part is circumstantial. We can't assume that she would remember something, or anyone for that matter. Memories aren't nearly that concrete, even when they become crystallized. She saw the hand and guild seal for a quick second, enough to recognize the symbol. That's about it. With how the mind of how someone her age works, she may end up pushing the memory of the girl out and what was encoded, stored, and actually able to be retrieved was the guild mark.

We all are kinda like that. We decide we want to do a job when we're younger or career, but we can't remember why, just that we always wanted to. Could be the same for Lucy. Also, i don't it was ever stated that this was the deciding factor. It could be what got her interested. Another point, she may not even wanted to find the girl when she joined Fairy Tail, or even remembered her. Lucy is 17-18 in the show, but in the OVA she is around 11. It's not unlikely that she might not remember the girl, or even how she got interested into Fairy Tail.

I dunno, given her age, the event, and how memory functions, it seems plausible to me. Well, as plausible as you can get with time travel
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 16:57   Link #82
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

any idea ,when the next ova might be released
and also there are some extra manga chapters, so are the ova episodes so far are based on these chapters, well i don't read faily tail manga but i happen to see an extra chapter once
Old 2012-05-16, 23:05   Link #83
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
any idea ,when the next ova might be released
and also there are some extra manga chapters, so are the ova episodes so far are based on these chapters, well i don't read faily tail manga but i happen to see an extra chapter once
The first two are based on extra chapters. The third is an entirely original story made for anime format by Hiro Mashima, though I believe he made a manga version to coincide with it, unless it was just a storyboard for the OVA. But I also remember there being a different, original, extra manga chapter released alongside the OVA.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-16, 23:50   Link #84
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

hmm, i thought it would be like that,
the extra chapter i read, in it the guild organizes an amusement park or something ,were everyone is doing something ,like natsu making a hot spring just by sitting inside the pool
i wonder if is this thing comes in the next ova
Old 2012-08-13, 13:24   Link #85
Bern-san

4th OVA with the 35th volume of Fairy Tail manga that will be released in November 16.

Quote:
The brand-new anime will bring Natsu, Lucy, and the others to a training camp for the Grand Magic Games. While there, the Fairy Tail Guild take a much needed break at the beach and hot spring.
source
Old 2012-08-13, 13:26   Link #86
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
4th OVA with the 35th volume of Fairy Tail manga that will be released in November 16.

source
So that's how it's gonna be.

Old 2012-08-13, 15:32   Link #87
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So that's how it's gonna be.
November is so far away =(
But glad to see all my faves in that pic.

BTW you've been M.I.A. for a while.
Old 2012-08-13, 15:57   Link #88
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Looks like we might have more or less a set time as to when the filler in the animé may end to match the OVA's release.
Old 2012-08-13, 18:00   Link #89
sergel02

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Looks like we might have more or less a set time as to when the filler in the animé may end to match the OVA's release.
Possibly, but it is being released with the manga. Not sure how previous OVA's worked. Considering that this OVA seems somewhat related to the story it might come chronologically, though, like you're implying. There are only 2-3 chapters of the manga between where the KoSS arc started and where the Magic Games arc started, all of which could be summed up in probably 2 episodes. Given that guesstimate, maybe the manga stuff would end up being animated starting in November.

That would mean about another 12 episodes of the anime arc. That...actually seems possible, given where the plot is at this point. Still just speculating here. I'm pretty positive there is no way the anime arc will go past Nov 16th.
Old 2012-08-13, 18:13   Link #90
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Well, for OVAs 1 and 2, they were made after some omakes from the series, so not really related to the story. OVA 3, well, you know. Since Lily is included in the promo page, I wonder if they're gonna alter the opening with Natsu's VA singing somehow?
Old 2012-08-13, 22:13   Link #91
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So this one is going to be an onsen get away
Old 2012-11-09, 12:37   Link #92
immblueversion

Hey, guys:

Old 2012-11-09, 13:13   Link #93
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I knew it, Lucy read all the shipping of her and Natsu so she finally caved in and hit the sauce, poor thing.
Old 2012-11-09, 15:17   Link #94
alekos23

i hope wendy isnt with the drunk girls group there, LOL. :P
alekos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 18:18   Link #95
immblueversion

Also, from the looks of things, this OVA will include the omake where Lucy stumbles across Natsu and Happy's house and plots to get back at them for invading her house countless times. I was hoping to see that animated.

Old 2012-11-16, 19:08   Link #96
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekos23 View Post
i hope wendy isnt with the drunk girls group there, LOL. :P
Well, I saw the raw of the OVA, and not to spoil anything, but let me just say, wish not granted-v-;;.
Old 2012-11-17, 14:26   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This should be good fun to check out .
Old 2012-11-18, 11:21   Link #98
II Maestro

Looks like Mavis is appearing in the OVA so no complaints.
Old 2012-11-19, 00:12   Link #99
Eragon
Still Alive

Well, from the preview it seems I will need to keep blood transfusions at hand - don't want to die half way through it
Old 2012-11-20, 06:22   Link #100
ShiroiRyu

Saw the OVA.
Really a good thing.
Loved it. *___*
EDIT : What is the name of the ending anyways ?
I don't know how many Characters Sound is out or not ?