AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 13:16   Link #3401
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know, Bisky was saying basically the same thing Morel was saying, but no one is saying like "Bisky has no effing clue what she's talking about" are they?
Completely different context.

Bisky talks generally about what she knows of Killua's personality. And she knows him.

Morel talks about one specific situation he knows very little about, and generalizes from there to Killua's personality. He also does it, not for his own good, but just to pick stoke his own ego.

Please also notice she said A, B, and C could beat D if the circumstances were right. E couldn't, not on his best day. And the circumstances against Pitou were definitely not right.

And really, look at what Morel's doing. Is he charging in to finish it as soon as possible, trusting his vaunted experience is all he needs against the Ants? No, he picks his ground and moment. Well, that wasn't an option for Killua, was it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:13   Link #3402
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Bisky's like 50 so she has plenty of experience. Besides, arguing about who's more experienced is pointless.
Age doesn't mean a default advantage though, especially considering Morel's position compared to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And really, look at what Morel's doing. Is he charging in to finish it as soon as possible, trusting his vaunted experience is all he needs against the Ants? No, he picks his ground and moment. Well, that wasn't an option for Killua, was it?
Morel and the others are using the best possible way to deal with them smoothly. To back away was never an option.

Killua's way of thinking was "there's no way, get the hell outta here". Really..not the same thing.
Had Killua said, "I was at a disadvantage and had to regroup to find a way to beat them", Morel would certainly have another impression of him. But no, he just heard him basically giving up.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 15:26   Link #3403
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Age doesn't give her an advantage though, especially considering Morel's position compared to her.
I wonder what part of "pointless" you didn't understand.
Old 2013-07-23, 00:32   Link #3404
MCAL

I cannot believe I never knew Hunter x Hunter (2011) had a forum on Animesuki... Time to rectify that.

Episodes 1-89: I have two words to describe this anime... Fantastic Shounen!

I have to say though, after reading most of the forum, this was a good anime to get off-topic on...
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 10:51   Link #3405
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Look what I found:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-28, 00:31   Link #3406
MCAL

Damn! I did not see Knuckle's ability coming. It is just so unlike his personality. And as a Math-fanatic, the first half was very entertaining. Which does not speak badly of the second half because Killua's curse is very intriguing. Can't wait to see a resolution to that.

And the King is born... Next episode on Dragonball Z!
Old 2013-07-28, 03:38   Link #3407
ookamigirl

Gon's still at it...
It was about time he dealt with Knuckle.
That guy sure had a cute, yet dangerous power up his sleeve.
It's totally ROFL how math defeats Gon so easily ^^"
Wow, Killua's opponent really had an interesting power.
Don't know what was going on with him, but Killua was acting weird.
Guess the whole chimera ant thing was put on hold this time..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 04:11   Link #3408
hamazura
whatever

finally, fusion of cell and frieza king is born
Old 2013-07-28, 07:23   Link #3409
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

First part with Gon's fight was meh , adding numbers in this aren't that great , hope the future fights won't be around those numbers...

Damn Killua , to surpass your fear , just take a kunai and stick it on your leg like Sasuke
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 07:31   Link #3410
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
First part with Gon's fight was meh , adding numbers in this aren't that great , hope the future fights won't be around those numbers...
Those numbers are arbitrary numbers that Knuckle himself invented- it should have been clearer in the anime. Basically, no one but Knuckle can give them, as no one else has an idea what each unit 'means'.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:28   Link #3411
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I really felt for Killua. I recently tried to redo my sales pitch at work (retail) and its hard trying to go against a technique you've used for years. I understand why he felt so frustrated.

Also Knuckle's Nen ability is friggen hilarious: delinquent who likes dogs and uses money metaphors to fight.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:32   Link #3412
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 90-
Spoiler for Part 1:

------------------------
Spoiler for Part 2:

Last edited by SHINOBI-03; 2013-07-28 at 08:45.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:47   Link #3413
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Also Knuckle's Nen ability is friggen hilarious: delinquent who likes dogs and uses money metaphors to fight.
I found myself thinking, "Now, this is the show that C should have been!"
Old 2013-07-28, 09:36   Link #3414
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought for sure Knuckle was an enhancer given his personality but it turns out he's got one of the most intellectual ability seen in the series (actually, it's not that complicated... but his explanation sure made it seem that way).
Old 2013-07-28, 09:40   Link #3415
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, I thought for sure he'd be an Enhancer too but it turns out he's a merciless loan shark.

What class do you think that is anyway? Emission or Conjuring or what?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 10:02   Link #3416
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, I thought for sure he'd be an Enhancer too but it turns out he's a merciless loan shark.

What class do you think that is anyway? Emission or Conjuring or what?
Should be emission. He projects his aura out of his body and lends it to his opponents. And now that I read it again, the emitter definition fits Knuckle: Emitters are impatient and not detail-oriented. Many of them are quick-tempered and hot-blooded. They resemble the Enhancers in building their impulsivity, but the difference with them, they probably tend to calm down and forget easier.
Old 2013-07-28, 11:17   Link #3417
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Was as lost as Gon in the beginning, but never thought Knuckle was a numbers person. It is an interesting ability though. Wonder what that cage is in Shoot's ability. Tough for Killua to break his curse. Both are in a pinch, wonder if they'll turn it around. So the king is born next ep.
Old 2013-07-28, 14:58   Link #3418
Clarste
Human

Most of the numbers Knuckle was giving were just his method of estimating Gon's maximum capacity. Which isn't entirely relevant, but it certainly made it sound more impressive! A psychological attack indeed. Actually, given that his power basically encourages him to stall for time until the opponent goes bankrupt, having a really long explanation could be considered part of his battle strategy. The amount of interest he earned while explaining was enough to ensure that Gon could never pay it back normal hits. And even with Jajanken it would take at least three clean hits.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 23:20   Link #3419
MCAL

It feels like Togashi is a man who is in the business of outdoing himself on a regular basis.
Old 2013-08-03, 23:41   Link #3420
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for EP91:

Tags
action, shounen