AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-12, 17:21   Link #21
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit archives
*shrugs*
Why are you being so agressive? Even if it is going in whole different directions, there are too many connections that would help us solve what was left unexplained in the anime to ignore them.
How can path B explain path A when both paths lead to completely different destinations?

And there will ALWAYS be many things left unexplained in the anime simply because

A) To the writers it's not important
B) Forgotten
C) Left unexplained so they don't have to spend time to explain it.

So the manga can be dealt with easily but the anime doesn't follow the manga so there's no way you can put a strong link.
Old 2006-04-12, 19:11   Link #22
defiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcj
Beats me, did they take Fuuka Gakuen on the spaceship that leaved earth or what?
I tihink that the most logical thing is that the building we saw is Fuuka Gakuen, maybe something happened with earth and we had to leave it in space ships, wonder around for some generations, and returned to the earth. But for them they didnt recogniced earth and thought it was a new planet.

And named it Earl.
Old 2006-04-12, 19:15   Link #23
Arcj
Materialise!

Send a message via MSN to Arcj
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant
I tihink that the most logical thing is that the building we saw is Fuuka Gakuen, maybe something happened with earth and we had to leave it in space ships, wonder around for some generations, and returned to the earth. But for them they didnt recogniced earth and thought it was a new planet.

And named it Earl.
Think you got a point here, but shouldnt the star have the red coulor?
Old 2006-04-12, 23:29   Link #24
moonlit archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
How can path B explain path A when both paths lead to completely different destinations?

And there will ALWAYS be many things left unexplained in the anime simply because

A) To the writers it's not important
B) Forgotten
C) Left unexplained so they don't have to spend time to explain it.

So the manga can be dealt with easily but the anime doesn't follow the manga so there's no way you can put a strong link.
I'm not saying it is that way and that's it. All I'm saying is that since Path A is lacking some elements and Path B, that even though wasn't exactly the same had some similarities, MIGHT hold some clues to what it is that happened. It's not completely diffrent stories after all. The same people are behind them both, so why would something unexplained in A could absolutely NOT be somewhat related to something explained it B?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcj
Think you got a point here, but shouldnt the star have the red coulor?
I think the star was destroyed... what's in the sky is some machine created by SEARRS... that's why Miyu can access it in the first place.
Old 2006-04-13, 04:01   Link #25
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiant
And named it Earl.
Can someone tell me where it was said, please?
Old 2006-04-13, 06:16   Link #26
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan
Can someone tell me where it was said, please?
The official website for My-Otome says the planet's name is Earl in the Keyword sub-section of the Outline section.
Old 2006-04-13, 16:22   Link #27
AceMan
Observer

Okay, I've been thinking all day and I created my own theory. Big part of it is similar to BigPrimes' ideas. Here we go

Year: What happened
---------------------------------
2254: The last Ikusahime Carnival
2254-2264: Searrs continue their researches
2264: Searrs create HiME type 02
2265: Their power is awesome, HiMEs go out of control
2266: War between HiMEs, destruction of the Earth
2266: Last survivors escape in spaceships
2266-2280: Space journey
2280: They find Earth-like planet, colonize it and call Earl
2280-2290: Recovery of humanity
2290: From remaining technology, last Searrs members create Mikoto (the last HiME type 02), Fumi - the first Z-HiME [Otome] (she's possibly the same Fumi from MH), Administar, Harmonium and the rest of "ancient" Earl technologies
2290-2310: Newly created Kingdoms want to rule the Earl
2310: War of 12 Kingdoms
2311: Fumi stops the war and goes mad. Partial destruction of the Earl
2311-2330: After-war recovery, first descendants of Fumi
2330: Alyssa dies at the age of 85
2410: Creation of Garderobe, sealing away Searrs'/Earth technology, mass "production" of Otomes. All of that is done in order to prevent future wars
2411: Creation of Schwarz, who want to gain Otome technology (possible there are last Searrs members left between them)
2561: Dragon King War
2596: Schwarz & Aswad attack Fuka Castle
2610: Arika comes to Wind Bloom

Dragon King War took place in 281 A.R (episode 08), so I think that after colonization of Earl, people have started counting years from 0

There are some plot holes in it (like Fuuka Gakuen at the bottom of the lake), but I will think about it later and will complete my theory

Last edited by AceMan; 2006-04-13 at 20:31.
Old 2006-04-13, 20:09   Link #28
ando

In Ep 17(Doremi about 13:50) Miss Maria said, "200 years of Garderobe history", so according to the above history creation of Garderobe would be around 2410.
Old 2006-04-13, 20:33   Link #29
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando
In Ep 17(Doremi about 13:50) Miss Maria said, "200 years of Garderobe history", so according to the above history creation of Garderobe would be around 2410.
You're right! List updated

Maybe I will send it to Sunrise and make them do the anime based on it
Old 2006-04-16, 02:26   Link #30
CaiSter21

was it just me, or did anyone catch that it said HiME on their GEMS when Miyu lifted the type two restriction?
Old 2006-09-08, 12:14   Link #31
Aquapearlofvoice

Send a message via Yahoo to Aquapearlofvoice
At the end of Mai-hime you see a girl that looks like the main Character of Mai hime I dont think that suprised me because I have been reading on Otome and have seen pictures but I had a feeling that the second season would have just continued after Mai-hime my self. (okay I confused my self )
Old 2006-09-08, 14:19   Link #32
X207
Gamyūsa

nina is in every mai hime ending song too, the part where mai's looking out the window
Old 2006-12-02, 00:41   Link #33
solarknight123

well me personally don't really think that the two shows are connected as in sequel-wise. I think the creators really ment mai-otome to be a au to mai-hime and they recycled allot of things, from the main characters of mai-hime to all the little stuff. I would believe it as well, but one of the things of it being connected to mai-hime is the fuuka castle being underwater in another planet. unless they decided to move that as well lol. but really that's what i believe.
Old 2006-12-02, 01:21   Link #34
JPNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Okay, I've been thinking all day and I created my own theory. Big part of it is similar to BigPrimes' ideas. Here we go

Year: What happened
---------------------------------
2254: The last Ikusahime Carnival
2254-2264: Searrs continue their researches...
If the last Ikusahime carnival was in 2254, wouldnt that mean that the one before it was 1954? There's no way that the two can be linked if your timeline is correct.

Quote:
2330: Alyssa dies at the age of 85
And this must be a different alyssa too right? if she died at 85 in 2330, that would mean she was born in 2245
Old 2006-12-02, 15:24   Link #35
Sakuya
*Artist

I know I mentioned before that near the end of episode 26, "something like" the Crystal Dome from My HiME was seen in the middle of a desert near the Black Valley. Well after watching the OVA's first episode, it's been revealed and the green dome thing there is actually a restaurant. The restaurant and Nina and Arika went to in My Otome episode 1.
Old 2006-12-02, 15:54   Link #36
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I think this can be viewed both ways if one wants, but i do believe they are connected, with Miyu being the obvious link.

Things to consider:

Miyu mentions that the Slaves are appearing more Child-like. What is the meaning of this phrase assuming Hime never happened in Otomoe world?

Miyu's OS or whatever still says "Searrs for the golden milenium" - assuming Hime never happened, why is that thing displayed?

Miyu still aparantly needs some sort of Alysa's presence to activate all her systems to full power - just like in Hime.

Miyu has been around for few hundreds of years, and now she is suddenly protecting Arika...why? She sees arikas hair glowing - just like she did with Alysa, thus i think it is reasonable to assume that Arika is descendad of Alysa, and Miyu is protecting the bloodline of Alysa Searrs - fighting for the golden milenium.

Thewar of 12 kings who knows how long ago might as well have been the last war between the 12 Himes in Mai-Hime, and the destruction of the Hime star might be the reason why world turned out the way it did - Nagi did say that the fate of the world has become more uncertain now.

And then there is Harmonium - also has been around for god knows how long... where did it come from? I would place my bet on it being a creation of Searrs foundation. This would also explain why Miyu can match it in power - she is also created by Searrs foundation.

...Maybe will add other things later, getting too lazy to think right about now.
Old 2006-12-02, 17:54   Link #37
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I think this can be viewed both ways if one wants, but i do believe they are connected, with Miyu being the obvious link.

Things to consider:

Miyu mentions that the Slaves are appearing more Child-like. What is the meaning of this phrase assuming Hime never happened in Otomoe world?

Miyu's OS or whatever still says "Searrs for the golden milenium" - assuming Hime never happened, why is that thing displayed?

Miyu still aparantly needs some sort of Alysa's presence to activate all her systems to full power - just like in Hime.

Miyu has been around for few hundreds of years, and now she is suddenly protecting Arika...why? She sees arikas hair glowing - just like she did with Alysa, thus i think it is reasonable to assume that Arika is descendad of Alysa, and Miyu is protecting the bloodline of Alysa Searrs - fighting for the golden milenium.

The war of 12 kings who knows how long ago might as well have been the last war between the 12 Himes in Mai-Hime, and the destruction of the Hime star might be the reason why world turned out the way it did - Nagi did say that the fate of the world has become more uncertain now.

And then there is Harmonium - also has been around for god knows how long... where did it come from? I would place my bet on it being a creation of Searrs foundation. This would also explain why Miyu can match it in power - she is also created by Searrs foundation.

...Maybe will add other things later, getting too lazy to think right about now.
Countering your points:

Miyu's acronym is different. Therefore Otome Miyu is different from Hime Miyu.

Searrs for the Golden Millennium is yet another parallel between the two universes. By your analogy, Fumi's presence would be considered further proof. The appearance of similar things and people but in totally different places supports the parallel universe theory more than the same universe theory.
Old 2006-12-29, 03:02   Link #38
mccolgate

I think they were on Earth the entire time. Like a Planet of the Apes deal.
Old 2006-12-29, 03:11   Link #39
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccolgate View Post
I think they were on Earth the entire time. Like a Planet of the Apes deal.
Don't know bout the anime but its proven in the manga version. Seems unlike the animes, the manga versions of both hime and otome has more clues and hints of it being connected.
Old 2006-12-29, 03:14   Link #40
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
I say it is not connected of Mai Hime (MH) and Mai Otome (MO).