Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 11:36   Link #101
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Two things:

1. If someone wants to they can nominate Mikuru Asahina (figurine) from Lucky Star. She stands on top of Konata's computer in multiple episodes. This just rounds out the three SOS-dan female members presented in Lucky Star.

2. Has anyone forwarded the "Kyonko" plot to the other nations involved? Just so there isn't the Haruhi-Kyonko confusion (since Haruhi can get in another way where she has a whole scene, frontal shots, and is correctly voiced).

(3. "Smoked Cheese nyoro~"...Lucky Star?)
Old 2008-06-24, 11:40   Link #102
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
I've asked in the K Saimoe thread whether they'd accept Kyonko. Now to watch what happens in 2ch in less than an hour's time.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-24, 11:49   Link #103
ando

Today's nomination is "サ" column.

アニメ最萌トーナメント2008 エントリースレ
http://ex24.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime4vip/1214142946/

BTW, I think Kaze no Stigma characters are nominated as "NETA" characters.
So, don't expect too much about the show.
Old 2008-06-24, 12:18   Link #104
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Tomorrow I can't spend the morning carefully analysing what's been voted so I have to vote early instead of late.

Spoiler for Oh wow, I have to choose 5 from this big list?:
Aaaand posted:

Spoiler:

Man, in just 1 hour, most of the girls I was looking out for had already been voted. Sasuga 2ch~

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-24, 12:25   Link #105
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So it begins....
Old 2008-06-24, 12:48   Link #106
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

シゴフミ(Shigofumi)
灼眼のシャナII(Second)(Shakugan no Shana Second)
しゅごキャラ!(Shugo Chara!)
スカイガールズ(Sky Girls)
School Days(School Days)
School Days ~マジカルハート☆こころちゃん~(School Days ~Magical Heart Kokoro-chan~)
絶対可憐チルドレン(Zettai Karen Children)
瀬戸の花嫁(Seto no Hanayome)
ゼロの使い魔~双月の騎士~(Zero no Tsukaima ~Futatsuki no Kishi~)
sola(sola)

<3

As for nominating that figurine Mikuru that appears in various episodes of Lucky Star...i think that would be impossible.Last year tournament allows anime that appeared between 30th June 2006 till 1st July 2007 to be nominated,and that includes Lucky Star too (Lucky Star start airing on 8th April 2007).

Assuming that all Lucky Star nominated characters for previous tournament were characters that appeared in Lucky Star that aired between 8th April 2007 till 1st July 2007,that means all those characters had appeared somewhere in between ep 1 till ep 13 (ep 13 was aired on 1st July 2007).I remember in episode 10 of Lucky Star (aired on 10th June 2007) where Kagami and Tsukasa stayed in Konata's house,and Konata showed them her room,and iirc,when Konata showed them her room for the first time,there's a scene where Mikuru's (she wear the pink maid outfit) figurine appeared for at least 1 second.

If Mikuru at that time was qualified and registered to participate in the previous tournament,then no one should missed her name during the preliminary rounds.But as far as i could remember,she wasn't nominated for the previous tournament,unless if she was registered under the name a long brown haired figurine in ep 10 that wear pink short skirt maid outfit.So i think its impossible to register Haruhi's character under Lucky Star's name..not sure if you use other kind of name that describe their look/appearance in that scene,but that (i feel) doesn't seem to have any original feelings on it.

That's just my opinion anyway..you all can try to register Haruhi and Mikuru under Lucky Star's title,and see whether they will be accepted or not..hopefully the organizer will accept their nomination and let them participate the tournament.

Last edited by margafred; 2008-06-24 at 13:00.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:04   Link #107
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Man, in just 1 hour, most of the girls I was looking out for had already been voted. Sasuga 2ch~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
So it begins....
So far Miku has three nominations, while Kyonko only has one. We can do better.

Old 2008-06-24, 13:06   Link #108
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Man, look at how many biographies I have to edit if Haruhi et al. actually makes it to J Saimoe
Old 2008-06-24, 13:08   Link #109
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What is the official practise on nominations and choosing contestants for Saimoe? Is one enough at this point, or does it require more to be noticed?

Or is that more something for later after all nominations are in?

(And yes, isn't it grand how crazy this could be. More so if the majority runs with it. Your ISML 09 may be a very very strange place if any the cameo characters make it to the top 16. Especially Kyonko, who seems to have a rather large movement behind her for someone who has had no series of her own.)
Old 2008-06-24, 13:12   Link #110
Psieye
Lore Hunter

From my understanding (and thinking back on how carve-on-wall-tan from CC got in last year), you only need 1 nomination vote to make it into the Prelims. Just that more is for insurance in case one of those votes you saw had a typo in it which disqualifies it.

Old 2008-06-24, 13:13   Link #111
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I'm not going to push it. I can't help but support Kyonko, but I'm not going to touch the Haruhi figurines. ^^
Old 2008-06-24, 13:14   Link #112
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

You can just nominate any girls you had in your mind.Whether they will be accepted or not,thats up to the organizer...

Anyway,anyone cares to nominate Aya Hirano under Lucky Star's title?Aya Hirano did make an appearance in episode 15 i think..and since Aya Hirano is not registered yet as an official anime character from any anime series,so i guess it will be okay to nominate her for the tournament
Old 2008-06-24, 13:15   Link #113
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
I thought the Kyon-ko thing would have died out by now, lol. I never really understood the appeal behind genderbending.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:17   Link #114
Psieye
Lore Hunter

In my view, it represents the RAGE of the fandom at the sheer lack of new material released in both the anime and the novel. No Vol 10 for over a year now, no S2 despite so much advertising. The fandom must gnaw on SOMETHING to stay sane and keep teeth sharp for when the real deal finally comes.

Old 2008-06-24, 13:21   Link #115
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rather large RAGE if you see the "movement's" threads and social board. I don't know if the appeal is wide spread, but it seems to rival the Nanoha fanbase in size locally...though that might be more of having a lot of cross membership than anything else. Outside of local space...who knows. We keep seeing new Japanese artwork, videos, and cosplayers...so something is going on.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:24   Link #116
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
I thought the Kyon-ko thing would have died out by now, lol. I never really understood the appeal behind genderbending.
She's moe. That's all that matters for this competition right?

Quote:
In my view, it represents the RAGE of the fandom at the sheer lack of new material released in both the anime and the novel. No Vol 10 for over a year now, no S2 despite so much advertising. The fandom must gnaw on SOMETHING to stay sane and keep teeth sharp for when the real deal finally comes.
Others might interpret it as a gift from the God-Empress to quell our boredom.

Quote:
Rather large RAGE if you see the "movement's" threads and social board. I don't know if the appeal is wide spread, but it seems to rival the Nanoha fanbase in size locally...though that might be more of having a lot of cross membership than anything else. Outside of local space...who knows. We keep seeing new Japanese artwork, videos, and cosplayers...so something is going on.
Something indeed.

Old 2008-06-24, 13:29   Link #117
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
And yes, isn't it grand how crazy this could be. More so if the majority runs with it. Your ISML 09 may be a very very strange place if any the cameo characters make it to the top 16. Especially Kyonko, who seems to have a rather large movement behind her for someone who has had no series of her own.
Exactly. It also raises the question of series representation. Although Haruhi will still be listed as (SHnY) despite representing Lucky Star in J-Saimoe 2008, the decision of listing Kyonko's representation will be really tough on its own. Assuming that Kyonko does make the roster for ISML 2009, do I list Kyonko as (LS) or (SHnY)?

If Kyonko is forced to the nomination process, it will be even tougher to convince me that Kyonko should even be on the nominations, as I do research each new candidate nominated to authenticate their existence. I would be even going as far as to requiring the exact episode featuring Kyonko's appearance to even accept her. (And I don't accept figurines, unlike 2ch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
You can just nominate any girls you had in your mind.Whether they will be accepted or not,thats up to the organizer...
Exactly correct. And my decisions on the borderline differ from that of 2ch - I accepted Hayate Ayasaki (under the name Hermione Ayasaki), but I did not accept Rising Heart from Nanoha. If Kyonko is nominated, it will be tough decision time for me.

EDIT: Did a little check, and I don't see anything that proves that Kyonko exists in an Anime.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:30   Link #118
Eater of All
NOM

The Kyonko Revolution has begun. First mission: to take over Saimoe. Gotta thank Danchou for beginning this movement in ASuki. Converted alot of people ya' know

Being the first time in a J Saimoe environment, things look kind of crazy. Characters can even be nominated when they're totally unrelated? Oh well, I'll get used to it, I'm not about to die anytime soon.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:35   Link #119
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That will be easy if Kyonko is accepted. Use Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei as your tag. She can go with Kiri if Kiri returns next year through one means or another. That is the location she has been "spotted" so far. That is unless Kyoto Animation does something with with the Lucky Star OVA or Haruhi S2. If they do, things will get serious...quickly.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:40   Link #120
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
That will be easy if Kyonko is accepted. Use Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei as your tag. She can go with Kiri if Kiri returns next year through one means or another. That is the location she has been "spotted" so far. That is unless Kyoto Animation does something with with the Lucky Star OVA or Haruhi S2. If they do, things will get serious...quickly.
As far as I'm concerned, the only way Kyonko will "get in" ISML is if she makes top 8 in this tournament. If she doesn't, then the revolution will have to convince me very good if they want to nominate her for ISML. (And I don't accept unidentified characters).

I'm pretty sure though that the Nanoha faction is aware of this and will knock out Haruhi and co. very quickly.

EDIT: Isn't this the same deal as nominating characters from Mär because they appeared on Hayate no Gotoku?

EDIT 2: If Kiri Komori will return to ISML, she now MUST do so by virtue of ISML nominations.
Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe