Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 00:29   Link #7821
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
It just started xD at least wait a few chapters until you call it terrible
But it's focusing on characters who literally cannot be challenged, while slowly destroying what made their personalities good.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 01:48   Link #7822
Yee

The troll is strong with this chapter.
Yee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:42   Link #7823
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I support the Medaka X Kumagawa ship
So you support something like the Titanic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Unfortunately, the chances of the childhood friend winning in shonen are drastically low.
Pretty much.I feel sorry for Zen.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:46   Link #7824
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
Theses perverts ...
SO MANY PERVERTS !
Old 2012-04-12, 02:51   Link #7825
orangejuicetang

dat ridiculously op lineup.
Makes you wonder how op the suitors are if they are to pose any threat whatsoever

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:54   Link #7826
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Giving me Medaka, Kumagawa, and Ajimu as players in this on top of Shiranui and Hanten? Arc confirmed for awesomeness. Ajimu going first should be interesting considering she mentioned the rules may screw her over. Its her and the Shiranui family members I want to see in an actual battle at this point since neither have ever fought and still have loads of question marks around them.

Also Medaka's suitors are flat-out terrible. Some of the worst guys that have been in this manga yet. They make even Maguro seem normal by comparison. I don't blame Medaka for saying she would marry Kumagawa tomorrow when being in the presence of people like that lmao.

Also lol @ it taking place on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean. Whoever decided on that location is pretty smart considering if they all died again they could just dump the bodies in the ocean. Plus they shouldn't be interrupted by normal means or authorities if no one knows where the hell you are.
Old 2012-04-12, 03:55   Link #7827
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

what a hax team. and very clinch suitors (surprised none of them like tsundere).

but i am guessing if this is straight battle manga it will be over quickly. so there is something that pervent.

maybe Anti-power or Zen is kidnap

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 04:47   Link #7828
Westlo
Lets be reality

*Time to read the first 2 chapters of Zenkichi Box* (Since you know if the manga wasn't ending it was going to become Zenkichi Box according to 90% of the posters here)
*reads*
L O L

I guess Nisio is removing Zen to spike the TOC rankings. (3rd last this week)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 05:10   Link #7829
kenjtr

Its understandable why medaka said she would marry kumagawa since her suitors are much more worse then him lol also i wonder why did medaka left a message for zenkichi Anyway after this arc we may see that zenkichi found a new girlfriend and moved on his normal life since thats what devil style will give to him .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 05:46   Link #7830
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
Anyway after this arc we may see that zenkichi found a new girlfriend and moved on his normal life since thats what devil style will give to him .
What is it with Zen fans not actually understanding Zen's character? Also Devil Style will have to go unless Nisio turns this into a slice of life manga.... lol (laughing more for the chance that he might.. for 10 chapters)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 06:58   Link #7831
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I guess Nisio is removing Zen to spike the TOC rankings. (3rd last this week)
Goodluck. Lets wait a 5-6 of weeks to see how will the chapter rank when it officially start as Zen Box last week. I bet, same results

edit:

Oops. Looks like many people here took a bite of Nisio's troll

Last edited by Lexxus; 2012-04-12 at 07:17.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:13   Link #7832
suikostar

This will be a fight between weirdos, i really cant imagine how Zenkichi would fit here xD(even though i am a Zenkichi fan).....another thing any1 noticed the suroundings around Medaka when she said she would marry Kumagawa ......i say Troll!!! XD
suikostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:37   Link #7833
Last Carpet

hmmm....for the first time....I'm not really all that interested in how this will play out.

I hope something along the arc catches my attention
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 07:57   Link #7834
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Now, now, there IS logic as to why having Zen here would be a bad idea on multiple levels.

Who do you think that they'd gun for from the very beginning? He's the childhood friend with special bonuses. To get Medaka off her game the quickest, and to also increase the chances of their success by getting her too upset to think straight, they'd flat out murder Zenkichi - all 6 of them, all at once. He's their biggest threat, not because of his power, but because of his place in Medaka's heart.

She might have told Kuwagawa that she'd marry him tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that she has fallen for him. Just two chapters ago, who did she kiss in front of the entire student body? Just two chapters ago, who did she say she fell for? Don't go writting Zenkichi-kun off just because he's not there - Medaka's protecting him from this. And as for why she keeps calling Zen her 'childhood friend', she reverted back to that as soon as they landed on the ship - she's in front of her enemies now. And those three ALL know what Medaka thinks of Zenkichi, even if she doesn't fully understand it herself.

And like I said in an earlier post, if Zen had seen those suitors, he would have attacked them right off the bat, as soon as the introductions were given. They're too weird - even Medaka was weirded out by them enough to roll her eyes back.

Xtra: (Zenkichi's Devil Style would make it so that they couldn't possilbly miss, slip on oil, have a door slammed in their face while in mid attack. So, if they're more skilled that he is, he'll lose.)
Old 2012-04-12, 08:11   Link #7835
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Now, now, there IS logic as to why having Zen here would be a bad idea on multiple levels.

Who do you think that they'd gun for from the very beginning? He's the childhood friend with special bonuses. To get Medaka off her game the quickest, and to also increase the chances of their success by getting her too upset to think straight, they'd flat out murder Zenkichi - all 6 of them, all at once. He's their biggest threat, not because of his power, but because of his place in Medaka's heart.

She might have told Kuwagawa that she'd marry him tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that she has fallen for him. Just two chapters ago, who did she kiss in front of the entire student body? Just two chapters ago, who did she say she fell for? Don't go writting Zenkichi-kun off just because he's not there - Medaka's protecting him from this. And as for why she keeps calling Zen her 'childhood friend', she reverted back to that as soon as they landed on the ship - she's in front of her enemies now. And those three ALL know what Medaka thinks of Zenkichi, even if she doesn't fully understand it herself.

And like I said in an earlier post, if Zen had seen those suitors, he would have attacked them right off the bat, as soon as the introductions were given. They're too weird - even Medaka was weirded out by them enough to roll her eyes back.

Xtra: (Zenkichi's Devil Style would make it so that they couldn't possilbly miss, slip on oil, have a door slammed in their face while in mid attack. So, if they're more skilled that he is, he'll lose.)
.......Who said anything about Zen?
Yeah, he's one of my favorite characters, but that's not why I'm not interested.

My problem is that nothing really jumped out at me here like the other arcs.

Flask Plan
Kumagawa's Coucil
Medaka's Successors
Zenkichi's Rebellion

All those had moments I loved. And some of those moments we're at the beginning of the arc.

I've always like the introduction of new characters, but so far...nothing's really grabbed my notice.

I'm hoping that'll change as the story progresses
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:24   Link #7836
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

This is an important factor for any future fights/arcs. Removing coincidence will also do away with stuff like "your opponent doesn't really want to kill you and purposely missed all of your vitals" or "meeting a god-like being who restores your eyesight and revives you" when he seemingly loses a battle. Until his plot-killing power gets addressed Nishio can't really insert him into situations like this anymore.
Old 2012-04-12, 08:26   Link #7837
Yee

You know who is missing in this lineup, Koyomi Araragi. Then it would be a truly perverted set.
Yee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 08:51   Link #7838
Soji

About zen is true. Until he had that skill he can't really fight normally or better the author cant use him like before. On the other hand we really don't know in what else Najimi train him even if she want to lose that time I don't think she do a half asset job. Still I do understand why Medaka not bring him with her.But true be told i wonder how she will act after this arc or the next time that she see Zen after she is free from this whole mess.
Also it's only me or the last suitore ...the shadow one remind me a little her brother ?
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 09:13   Link #7839
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
.......Who said anything about Zen?
Yeah, he's one of my favorite characters, but that's not why I'm not interested.

-snip-
Ah, my preceeding post wasn't directed at you, it was just put out there as my reasons for Zenkichi staying out of this arc (for now).
Old 2012-04-12, 09:26   Link #7840
kenjtr

After watching second episode of medaka box i noticed something what i didnt noticed in the manga , i think i understand nature of medaka and zenkichis relationship . Basically medaka is the overlord while zenkichi is the hero , that must be also the reason why shinui mentioned them as old enemies . Medaka and Zenkichi both make allies but there is difference between them ; Medakas allies are bad guys who are influenced by her and can do evil again but Zenkichis allies are good good guys who are saved by him and quit their old ways . This must be also the reason why medaka doesnt want zenkichi to power up since if he does that they will be enemies and never be together . Pretty sad actually no wonder some people think medaka is good kumagawa since they are both evil , i think zenkichi and medakas love are doomed to fail .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council