AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2014-01-23, 22:20   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

What are some good DLNA clients for iPads?

I'm looking for good DLNA clients for iOS; for use with an iPad. I'd like to know of any good or at least decent DLNA clients that can allow me to view MKV files on an iPad (at least 8-bit MKVs, hopefully there are some that allow for 10-bit ones) and a good DLNA client for viewing pics from my PC on my iPad.
Old 2014-02-18, 01:58   Link #2
mialimos
Suzaku No Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'm looking for good DLNA clients for iOS; for use with an iPad. I'd like to know of any good or at least decent DLNA clients that can allow me to view MKV files on an iPad (at least 8-bit MKVs, hopefully there are some that allow for 10-bit ones) and a good DLNA client for viewing pics from my PC on my iPad.
hi... i know a little about DLNA for IOS devices. you might want to read this article for a list of programs you can use.

10 Best DLNA Streaming Applications for iPhone

Hope it helps!
mialimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:00   Link #3
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

You should invest in the PLEX ecosystem. It was originally an off-shoot of XBMC tailored for Apple products, but has grown far beyond that recently.

It works in two parts. You install the PLEX MEDIA SERVER on a host computer, where you have the files stored. It automatically recognizes your media content, organizes it, and adds metadata. It will then act as a DLNA server for any PLEX CLIENT on your network or remotely. It transcodes filetypes and allows multiple language tracks and subtitles tracks on the fly. You can resume content across all devices, and the support for PLEX CLIENTS is incredible: iOS, Android, Roku, Smart TVs, Chromecast, etc.

With the iOS app, you can even AirPlay content to supported devices. It's wonderful.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote