Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-15, 16:36   Link #141
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, if all else fails for 12 eps, they can make season 2. Ride Back 2: Ride further Back..
And if that's still not enough, they can always come back with a third season...Ride Back with a Vengeance.

But really, I think too much is being made about the length. The 12-episode format is plenty sufficient to work out a coherent story and provide proper character development. To me, it's the longer series, 26+ episodes, that have a tendency to ramble on and lose their way.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:22   Link #142
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Well, color me impressed. The animation was just top notch and the OP and ED combination was stunning. The character designs take a little getting used to, but that's OK.

Oh, and can I claim this one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikoo View Post

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 18:09   Link #143
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
And if that's still not enough, they can always come back with a third season...Ride Back with a Vengeance.

But really, I think too much is being made about the length. The 12-episode format is plenty sufficient to work out a coherent story and provide proper character development. To me, it's the longer series, 26+ episodes, that have a tendency to ramble on and lose their way.
I actually hope for a 24-26 ep run myself so they can go through an approximation of the manga story, which is really something.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 18:11   Link #144
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
I actually hope for a 24-26 ep run myself so they can go through an approximation of the manga story, which is really something.
Most sites are saying 12 episodes in total. Not sure where that information is coming from, though i guess we'll stick with that for now.
Old 2009-01-15, 18:12   Link #145
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Most sites are saying 12 episodes in total. Not sure where that information is coming from, though i guess we'll stick with that for now.
I believe the author has confirmed 12 or 13 episodes. I'm just hoping it's popular enough to extend.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 19:11   Link #146
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

I was impressed with the first episode too. Someone better get to work on making those in real life. 12 episodes can work depending on the pacing. For something that has a huge scope like this where the entire world is under a regime, it sounds like a daunting task, but it all depends on how much of the story they can get through each week.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 20:27   Link #147
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
I believe the author has confirmed 12 or 13 episodes. I'm just hoping it's popular enough to extend.
Now that's what i call official information.

& yeah i hope so as well. Only time will tell.
Old 2009-01-15, 21:06   Link #148
Elazul

Wow… I am speechless.

This first episode was indeed impressive; it would be nice if they keep this same level of production quality in the next episodes. Also, the main character made a really good first impression; I hope she will get a good amount of development as the story progresses. I never read the manga, so I don’t know anything about the plot, but the whole thing about the war between the GGF and superpowers seemed interesting as well, and I am expecting that Rin will get involved sooner or later in some sort of battle or even in a second war.

So, it’s scheduled to have only 12 episodes? Well, it’s okay to me as long as they could deliver to us a good story and develop the characters nicely on this time span. But a second season would be even better.
Old 2009-01-16, 10:04   Link #149
thirdlc

The production obviously has been going on a good schedule. Look at the way the fluorescent light is flickering and the reflections in the windows. How beautiful the photograph is!

Last edited by thirdlc; 2009-02-03 at 13:57.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 10:51   Link #150
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Better 12-13 episodes of godly quality than 23-26 of meh. Who knows maybe it gets popular enough for them to continue the storyline.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 17:27   Link #151
Grif

just watched the first episode.

Absolutely brilliant, way way way exceeded all expectations that i had for this series. Hopefully they keep it up.

12 episodes should be enough for a nice detailed story. If all else fails there can be a series 2.
Grif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 21:09   Link #152
jlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
HOLY SHIT!!! Younha has a new song?! That's honestly a surprise! I figured we would've heard more about it.
When I first watched the ending, I was...uh...I think I've heard this before. Then it clicked, ah...Younha.

Personally, I prefer the Korean version.

One of my favorite tracks from last year.
jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 23:30   Link #153
geebee

A little too much panty fanservice bullshit, but the animation and music was really good. I'll definitely be watching the rest.
geebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 23:36   Link #154
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebee View Post
A little too much panty fanservice bullshit
did did you watch the episode?
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 00:00   Link #155
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
did did you watch the episode?
Indeed. Till Mikoo posted his avatar collection, I didn't think there were ANY panty-shots in this episode, and you really have to look close to catch that one flash he turned into an avatar.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 01:34   Link #156
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
A little too much panty fanservice bullshit, but the animation and music was really good. I'll definitely be watching the rest.
Meh, I can live with that as long as there's no more of the cliche school cafeteria talk like the kind that took up the middle portion of the episode. I think I mentioned it, but the middle portion kind of dragged a lot for me and I hope that's not the case for the second episode.

Right now though I am looking for this series to step up to the next level for me, not just as a result of the intense hype and praise that I've seen it getting here and on the blogosphere that I now challenge it to actually match in my eyes over the coming episodes (that means I'm raising my expectations a couple of notches to compensate), but because I feel that it has a good shot of actually doing it. Don't let me down Rideback, I want you to kick it into high gear within the next 3-5 episodes. Pun possibly intended.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 06:23   Link #157
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
That was very mild and prob wouldn't get anyone excited. (A flash as she was on Fuego in a dress.) The scenes of her on Fuego were animated nicely too.
Old 2009-01-17, 07:39   Link #158
JediNight
キズランダム

12-13 ep series as the norm nowadays, with another season following up if enough interest is generated. Something like Ride Back though seems excellent, but not the type of show that will probably earn a 2nd season ><
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 07:52   Link #159
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well.. we have to see what Madhouse are going to do with Rideback...they might be using the manga as a basis and diverging to make their own story similar to what they did last season with Kurozuka. Or they could be rushing and compressing the manga because there's a good stopping point at say... volume 6 or whatever. It seems that the only person here who will know which way they will go is Shouta anyway.

Also smh at the complaint about fanservice... if anything it would've been more realistic to have shown more... and some other studios definitely would have.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-17, 07:52   Link #160
Ottocycle

Now this is a show I can see licensed pretty quickly. Interesting concept they have got here, but my background tells me that this mecha is impossible IRL. Oh well, it's just suspension of disbelief. I can do this.

This is the Mizuki Nana season, no mistake about that. It's been a long time coming. Let's see if she can make it her year(in voice acting, that is). Also, how many times has Ueda Yuuji gets the bespectacled supporting role? First ARIA, then Mushishi, then 00 and now this. Oh well, at least he got Krauser II.

Finally, that music in the action sequence. That music! Looking forward to more.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen