AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 20 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 31.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-29, 05:09   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 27 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hayate no Gotoku, Episode 27.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:19   Link #2
-Breakthrough-

So, OP 2 absolutely airs in this episode, eh? Hope it's good. I can say the same for this coming filler ep, looks pretty good.

EDIT~
Spoiler:

Last edited by -Breakthrough-; 2007-09-29 at 23:14.
Old 2007-09-30, 00:07   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for thoughts on new opening and ending:

Can't watch the episode today though.

*yawn* Sleep...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-30, 00:08   Link #4
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

I don't know if I'm in the minority, but this was a huge step back IMO.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-30, 00:30   Link #5
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun View Post
Although I like the new ending very much, and the opening was decent, I have to agree with you. Anime Hayate is very close to being derailed from a romance-comedy to some generic comedy.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-30, 02:01   Link #6
CJL13
God of his own ego

So is this a filler?
Old 2007-09-30, 04:20   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
So is this a filler?
Yes, very much I believe.

To the point it annoying...

*takes one look at director and butler*

*closes eyes*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-30, 05:42   Link #8
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

2 words: Hinagiku banzai!
Old 2007-09-30, 06:50   Link #9
Mentar
Banned

Since there is no such thing as a coherent storyline in the first place, but only episodic blots, how do you distinguish "filler" from the rest?

I had fun, and we're treated to alot of Hina. Next episode seems to continue the Butler Battle tournament. Let's see where it goes.
Old 2007-09-30, 07:52   Link #10
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I don't know if I'm in the minority either, but I opt to disagree.

I'd rate especially the OP among KOTOKO's better pieces overall (and definitely among her best pieces in the last 1-2 years), and I give the ED some potential with me to develop.

The "degenerate" comment is pretty silly, sorry. You don't know more than any of us where this show is going to develop. If anything, nonsensical "tournaments", "quests", "contests" and whatnot are exactly what defined the manga in the first place. They always have. And I can say for sure that I prefer 2-episode arcs over the lightweight weeks where 1-2 trivial mini-episode fluff was crammed into them. If anything, I hope for the longer-running story arcs which should start soon.

There are no "godlike rivals". We get the school chairman and her butler as opponents/badguys, that's it. Most likely they will be relegated to the backseat for later use after ep28 again (that's typical for the Hayate no Gotoku manga aswell).

When it comes to parodies - after 26 episodes, there's a limit to where you can go. I recognized the obvious Utena one, and the quiz show, but there may have been 1-2 more which I have missed. Much more than 2 parodies per ep are not appreciated by me, at least.

What I liked were the little funny details (the puzzled Nagi actually managing a mini flame strike, for example, or the Klaus/Tama scene at the end)... and of course, the extensive Hinagiku exposure.

Interesting: The OP seemed to indicate that the darkened-out pigtailed guy from the OP might be Himegami after all... at least he's pitted against Hayate. With the Nagi-centric ED there's no reason to hope for an upset, but having him in there is a good sign for me.

So, what remains is more of the most typical parts of HnG, while I'm still waiting and rooting for the romantic parts.
Old 2007-09-30, 08:09   Link #11
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Hey. ! No double posting. Also, you can tell it is a filler if you read the mangas :P. When I just saw the new op... it really looks like the start of an action/adventure anime lol.
Old 2007-09-30, 11:34   Link #12
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
Hey. ! No double posting. Also, you can tell it is a filler if you read the mangas :P. When I just saw the new op... it really looks like the start of an action/adventure anime lol.
Does that mean if something isn't in the manga it is a filler?
Old 2007-09-30, 11:42   Link #13
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

I wouldn't say it is a filler... I would say... extra service or.... anime original :P. Well. I don't know if is from the manga or not cause I only read the 1st 9 volumes. It is hard obtaining the manga here in New York of the USA without any paypal (I.E. Ebay, Amazon .etc)
Old 2007-09-30, 12:06   Link #14
grey_moon

Quote:
I wouldn't say it is a filler... I would say... extra service or.... anime original :P. Well. I don't know if is from the manga or not cause I only read the 1st 9 volumes. It is hard obtaining the manga here in New York of the USA without any paypal (I.E. Ebay, Amazon .etc)
That makes sense as I have always pegged filler as something that doesn't add to the story line or character development at all, kinda like the last 100 naruto episodes . Due to the nature of HnG I don't consider any of the ones I've seen so far to be fillers.
Old 2007-09-30, 12:12   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Im not sure about the new OP song - seems all too "monotoned" to me compared to KOTOKO's past songs :/

maybe it will grow on me but for now im not that impressed.

The ep was average as usual but watching hina blusing as much as she did really lifed my spirits XD She also kicked some ass so more + points for that

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-30, 13:10   Link #16
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
It's like the Other World Tournament in DBZ.
Old 2007-09-30, 18:23   Link #17
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well.. The way Hina entered... was like Utena....
Old 2007-09-30, 18:50   Link #18
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I don't know if I'm in the minority either, but I opt to disagree.

I'd rate especially the OP among KOTOKO's better pieces overall (and definitely among her best pieces in the last 1-2 years), and I give the ED some potential with me to develop.

The "degenerate" comment is pretty silly, sorry. You don't know more than any of us where this show is going to develop. If anything, nonsensical "tournaments", "quests", "contests" and whatnot are exactly what defined the manga in the first place. They always have. And I can say for sure that I prefer 2-episode arcs over the lightweight weeks where 1-2 trivial mini-episode fluff was crammed into them. If anything, I hope for the longer-running story arcs which should start soon.

There are no "godlike rivals". We get the school chairman and her butler as opponents/badguys, that's it. Most likely they will be relegated to the backseat for later use after ep28 again (that's typical for the Hayate no Gotoku manga aswell).

When it comes to parodies - after 26 episodes, there's a limit to where you can go. I recognized the obvious Utena one, and the quiz show, but there may have been 1-2 more which I have missed. Much more than 2 parodies per ep are not appreciated by me, at least.

What I liked were the little funny details (the puzzled Nagi actually managing a mini flame strike, for example, or the Klaus/Tama scene at the end)... and of course, the extensive Hinagiku exposure.

Interesting: The OP seemed to indicate that the darkened-out pigtailed guy from the OP might be Himegami after all... at least he's pitted against Hayate. With the Nagi-centric ED there's no reason to hope for an upset, but having him in there is a good sign for me.

So, what remains is more of the most typical parts of HnG, while I'm still waiting and rooting for the romantic parts.
I haven't read the manga, but if the anime has been following the manga for the most part, I can hardly see how a tournament is typical of HnG. It's pointless, I'll give you that, but the other things you mentioned at least tried to be funny. A tournament is pointless and uninteresting. Sure it gave Hinagiku more screen time (always appreciated), but I would have preferred more blushing Hinagiku on the balcony rather than unfeminine Hinagiku fighting in some tournament.

I'll be honest, one of the main reasons why I'm watching is for the romance, but it has been awfully stale except for that recent Maria episode. I guess it's impossible for me to be optimistic because I like the other girls so much more than Nagi but you know he's going to end up with Nagi anyway. The deredere part of tsundere girls can get pretty old fast, which I think is the case for Nagi. And the fact that she's a 13 year old loli doesn't help either. But seriously though, I'm getting sick of the following scene which has basically been reoccuring the past few episodes.

Nagi: oh noes i'm in troublez. HAYATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hayate: omg ojou-sama, are you okay?!!?111one!1
*Hayate saves teh day*
Nagi: Hayate!
Hayate: Ojou-sama!
Old 2007-09-30, 20:59   Link #19
grey_moon

Quote:
I haven't read the manga, but if the anime has been following the manga for the most part, I can hardly see how a tournament is typical of HnG. It's pointless, I'll give you that, but the other things you mentioned at least tried to be funny. A tournament is pointless and uninteresting. Sure it gave Hinagiku more screen time (always appreciated), but I would have preferred more blushing Hinagiku on the balcony rather than unfeminine Hinagiku fighting in some tournament.

I'll be honest, one of the main reasons why I'm watching is for the romance, but it has been awfully stale except for that recent Maria episode. I guess it's impossible for me to be optimistic because I like the other girls so much more than Nagi but you know he's going to end up with Nagi anyway. The deredere part of tsundere girls can get pretty old fast, which I think is the case for Nagi. And the fact that she's a 13 year old loli doesn't help either. But seriously though, I'm getting sick of the following scene which has basically been reoccuring the past few episodes.

Nagi: oh noes i'm in troublez. HAYATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hayate: omg ojou-sama, are you okay?!!?111one!1
*Hayate saves teh day*
Nagi: Hayate!
Hayate: Ojou-sama!
How can anyone say that the tournament is not typical of HnG? I mean apart from Hayate doing super human things to save a girl in a very funny way what is typical of HnG? You even point that out in your example of what you are sick about, but the thing is that is the theme for most of the show not just the last few episodes....

Watching HnG for romance??? Sure there are romantic elements to this show, but in my mind they are all used as props for the gags.

I also can't see how atm Nagi is leading the couple race, it does take two to tango and so far the only evidence that Hayate likes Nagi is when her sad lonely face popped into his head when hamster burglar asked him out and that can be read in many many ways. The only girl who has had a positive romantic reaction from Hayate has been Maria when he was gunning for the older girl ending....

It really annoys me when people peg Nagi as tsundere, she is basically deredere with a tininess bit of tsun. She has been like this from epi 1, so for me Nagi isn't tsundere she is a 13 year old girl who isn't used to dealing with people in general, never mind trying to find out about romance (which isn't helped by her hikimori otaku-ness).

HnG is a very funny and witty show which covers many elements and it is a shame when people try to pidgin hole it and get disappointed when they do so, but hey its their choice.
Old 2007-09-30, 21:51   Link #20
changeup

Surely there will be romance, but it's likely to be Hayate and Hinagiku. I am counting on an ending with these two together~~ lol
Closed Thread