AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-10-11, 19:24   Link #21
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Why SnS is broadcasted late at midnight (1.25 am Japanese time) ? I suppose that only those adult animes are broadcasted in such time slot and SnS is not definitely one of those adult animes.
It didn't have a popular fanbase to start out with. It still doesn't.

Usually golden-time shows are front-pagers in weekly Shonen Jumps.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 19:47   Link #22
bayoab

Quote:
Why SnS is broadcasted late at midnight (1.25 am Japanese time) ? I suppose that only those adult animes are broadcasted in such time slot and SnS is not definitely one of those adult animes.
Because late night does not mean adult. SnS is otaku aimed and almost all otaku aimed shows air at night, regardless of content. Children's shows usually get the early morning slots and the prime time slots go to the popular teenage male/family aimed shows for the most part.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 19:07   Link #23
alvinkhorfire

Thanks for explanation. I suppose that 10-11pm is still okay. But 1.25 pm is considered as early morning and it is way past midnight.

I have another question to ask. There are hundreds of episodes for Bleach and Naruto. Why does SnS not capable of putting up hundreds of episodes like them? Is it because of content wise?

I know, some things cannot be compared. I was hoping that current 24 episodes per season can be extended a bit, without dragging the show too much.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 19:12   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thanks for explanation. I have another question to ask. There are hundreds of episodes for Bleach and Naruto. Why does SnS not capable of putting up hundreds of episodes like them? Is it because of content wise?

I know, some things cannot be compared. I was hoping that current 24 episodes per season can be extended a bit, without dragging the show too much.
That's because SNS is completely in a "different" category. As you can see most anime series are schelduled for 12-24-26 episodes, and rarely beyond (the bigger have most of the time like 36 or 50-52 episodes)

Bleach and Naruto are peculiar since they are mainstream shounen, which are based on a long story, especially that their respective manga aren't done at all. In this case, the productors just make "fillers", giving time the manga to go on, so they can catch up the main plot, instead of deviating (which can bring issues later on)

I insisted the "mainstream" part, as only this kind of series are popular enough so they can be worthy to go beyond the usual "life span for animes", such animes are restricted to prime time, and usually got their content fitting their demography, so absolutely no "mature" or conceptual anime can get such screetime.

That said, the other problem is also the producers and sponsors, which are obviously betting on safe franchise (so popular shounen manga), which can permit such long series.
Usually, an anime getting beyond 50 episodes is just draining budget too much, and doens't interest the watchers much after a period of time.

in any case, Shana is obviously not a kind of story which can fit in such treatement. Basically speaking, splitting a series/story into several seasons is much better, budget and content wise.
Old 2007-10-13, 09:51   Link #25
Tormenk

Would anyone know whats the name of the silver Tomagara that appears in the OP of Shana II?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:23   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Would anyone know whats the name of the silver Tomagara that appears in the OP of Shana II?
I think it is "Silver". I could be wrong, though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-15 at 01:31. Reason: rules
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 13:25   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ yep, this is "Silver", especially that the sequence matches his description and is followed by Margery's
Old 2007-10-13, 19:21   Link #28
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I think it is "Silver". I could be wrong, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ yep, this is "Silver", especially that the sequence matches his description and is followed by Margery's
Thanks for answering my question.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 00:40   Link #29
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

In SS-Eclipse's release of the Shana movie, when the opening theme come on?
Old 2007-10-14, 04:24   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The movie and the TV series had a different conclusion for the fight against Friagne. Which was closer to the novel?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 04:27   Link #31
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The movie.
They completely stripped the "trigger happy" point, and alastor scene forthe anime, because that would somehow "dampen" the Tenpa Jyousai for the bal masqué arc. (though it does look like a deux ex machina as result)

IIRC, aside of the usual "skipped" daily moments and such, the movie sticks very closely to the novel.
Old 2007-10-14, 04:54   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So... Back when she executed the Tenpa Jyousai, Shana should have had nothing to fear?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 05:04   Link #33
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Not exactly. Just like how Alastor explained, even though Shana has the capacity to unleash completely Alastor, this final attack isn't something without any danger. Hence, it should be only used as a last resort.

That said, the first manifestation of Alastor in the novel was enough to make it clear that Shana might survive from the Tenpa Jyousai. Chances of "survive" are not exactly known, though someone might correct me so.
Old 2007-10-15, 01:19   Link #34
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Something I always wondered:

Has it ever been mentioned how much time had passed between Shana becoming a Flame Haze and her first encounter with Yuji?
Panzer Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 11:02   Link #35
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
Something I always wondered:

Has it ever been mentioned how much time had passed between Shana becoming a Flame Haze and her first encounter with Yuji?
edit: oh, wait, didn't actually notice any mention of how much time has passed.

well, it certainly hasn't been a long time, seeing as how shana still acts like a teenager.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 15:02   Link #36
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

anyone know the name of the insert song when Yukari is about to die? The scene where Yuji and Yukari sat near a river and start at the sunset.

Thanks lot
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 15:11   Link #37
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
anyone know the name of the insert song when Yukari is about to die? The scene where Yuji and Yukari sat near a river and start at the sunset.
That one is Akai Namida (赤い涙) by Mami Kawada.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 04:00   Link #38
meh

A question for novel readers.

I've been reading SNS light novels in Chinese, up to book 10. The problem is, my Chinese is lacking a bit. This wasn't a big problem with previous books, since I had the first season to help me out. But book 10, of course, became a problem as my apparent lacking Chinese skills prevent me from understanding everything. I won't mention details because of spoilers, but it should be obvious for novel readers.

So my question is, does the anime return to where it diverged from the novel? The first two episodes seemingly goes off on a different arc altogether. Is this the new direction of the anime or something? Or will they return to where things got off track in book 8/9?
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 04:05   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post
A question for novel readers.

I've been reading SNS light novels in Chinese, up to book 10. The problem is, my Chinese is lacking a bit. This wasn't a big problem with previous books, since I had the first season to help me out. But book 10, of course, became a problem as my apparent lacking Chinese skills prevent me from understanding everything. I won't mention details because of spoilers, but it should be obvious for novel readers.

So my question is, does the anime return to where it diverged from the novel? The first two episodes seemingly goes off on a different arc altogether. Is this the new direction of the anime or something? Or will they return to where things got off track in book 8/9?
It is impossible to know the answer to that since it hasn't happened yet! We can't know if the anime will return to the novels until the anime returns to the novels.

It is worth noting though that so far this arc seems to be devoted to redacting the anime back to the same path as the novels. Events are proceeding differently, but they are serving the same purpose as some events that were left out of the first season or else changed from the novels in the first season.

So, I can say that it will probably return to where things got off track. But no promises because I cannot forsee the future.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-16 at 04:25.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 16:22   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

What does volume three of the novel cover?

IV (4) is supposed to be the twins, right?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote