AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-10, 23:16   Link #41
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I thought I might post something in for Shouko seeing as she is the first anime character that doesn't have purple hair that I like lol Must be her personality that's so likeable and those eyes!!
Old 2013-06-10, 23:19   Link #42
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I also think that there is gonna be something more important for her to do if she does end up losing the election maybe all that sadness and disappointment will lead her into piloting a valvrave
Old 2013-06-11, 00:06   Link #43
~BC~

I still wonder whether she even wants to be the leader at all. I think there's a big difference between what she does now and what she'd be required to do as the actual prime minister or empress. L-Elf could possibly force the issue even if she tried to back out though.
Old 2013-06-11, 07:48   Link #44
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko seems to be set up soon for heartbreak with Haruto and the Election. We already know that not wanting to arm/weaponize the place "was" popular and Shoko's view in the past but now everyone has embraced L-Elf's way. We also have those that Thunder that doesn't approve of Shoko's policies and nor does Satomi. With how things have changed I can see the election going VERY badly for her.
I am pretty sure she will still win. Saotomi is the one who lost his position (he is currently the official leader but de-facto Shoko and L-11 have replaced him) and the elections will no doubt kick him out for good, making him go angsty, suicide and have an effect on his sister.

I don't think L-11 will even participate. No matter who wins, he will be in charge of most things and the elected winner will lead alongside him.

Shouko is still trusted and seen as leader by the most of the module. Even if they accepted L-11, they'd still depend on her to take care he doesn't go too far. On other hand, we have seen in an earlier episode that L-11 wants Haruto for his idealism and it is very likely he'd want Shouko in charge exactly for her charisma, idealism and naivety. And in latest ep we have seen that Shouko gets along with him just fine (and that she is the dominant one :P).
Old 2013-06-11, 11:04   Link #45
Folenfant
Banned

Man it's weird I've been playing this game on 3DS called Liberation Maiden where the main character is also named Shouko and pilots a giant robot called Liberator around trying to free Japan from an aggressive invading nation that is trying to supplant their way of life. Did I mention the game starts off just after she's elected President of Japan but really she's a high school girl?

It just had so many elements in common with this show and where it's going that I couldn't help but mention it.
Old 2013-06-11, 11:37   Link #46
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
Man it's weird I've been playing this game on 3DS called Liberation Maiden where the main character is also named Shouko and pilots a giant robot called Liberator around trying to free Japan from an aggressive invading nation that is trying to supplant their way of life. Did I mention the game starts off just after she's elected President of Japan but really she's a high school girl?

It just had so many elements in common with this show and where it's going that I couldn't help but mention it.

Wow! If that's true then, that's so cool. A gamer like you sure know how to say relevant and interesting things. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU young jedi. Hohoho I can see it coming. *grin*
Old 2013-06-11, 12:55   Link #47
Folenfant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Wow! If that's true then, that's so cool. A gamer like you sure know how to say relevant and interesting things. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU young jedi. Hohoho I can see it coming. *grin*
Lol I get told that a lot but I think my focus in things is just different and out there is all. Believe me if it weren't for some good IRL friends I'd be oblivious to so much. I was actually quite humbled last night watching the E3 pressers with some buddies over skype and finding out just how much advanced knowledge they had on stuff I was astonished by.
Old 2013-06-12, 23:53   Link #48
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Just hold on tight Shouko. The first season is almost ending.
Old 2013-06-13, 13:24   Link #49
Shinhwa
Banned

Shouko's romance has ended officially unless she goes for L-Elf x)
Old 2013-06-13, 14:05   Link #50
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Shouko's romance has ended officially unless she goes for L-Elf x)
I feel betrayed. I really wish she should go back with Haruto but Saki keeps distancing the relationship.
Man, I can't imagine a show where they build a setup involving the MC go with the first girl, then get stuck with the second girl only to end the straw by ending with the first.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-06-13, 14:06   Link #51
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I feel sooooo bad for Shoko, I'm kind of regret shipping Saki and Haruto now... But I hope for the best for Shoko and no more rape or BS like that again.
Old 2013-06-13, 14:06   Link #52
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Nothing's over yet. Don't underestimate the sheer unpredictability of Valvrave
Old 2013-06-13, 18:44   Link #53
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I hope Shouko doesn't confess in the next episode or even in the last episode of this season...she's better off finding out about Haruto's indecency and moving on (preferably with L-Elf hehehehe)...but honestly I never liked Haruto to begin with even L-Elf caught my eye first and I don't usually go for silver-haired anime guys hahaha...must be the hair cut
Old 2013-06-13, 18:49   Link #54
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

In Haruto's defense, OS-tan took over his body. He had no control over himself. Doesn't change what was done though.
Old 2013-06-13, 19:24   Link #55
Destined_Fate

Thank goodness I had Shoko x L-Elf as my favorite pairing and as a back up when Haruto x Shoko fell through as was hinted constantly because of Saki gaining more presence.
Old 2013-06-13, 19:33   Link #56
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winged_Memories View Post
I hope Shouko doesn't confess in the next episode or even in the last episode of this season...she's better off finding out about Haruto's indecency and moving on (preferably with L-Elf hehehehe)...but honestly I never liked Haruto to begin with even L-Elf caught my eye first and I don't usually go for silver-haired anime guys hahaha...must be the hair cut
So you are accusing him when he doesn't even remember doing anything? He is the one being raped, by the legal definition. Sex without giving consent.
Old 2013-06-13, 19:36   Link #57
Destined_Fate

No way Shoko WONT confess to Haruto when she gets the chance. She finally has the strength to speak with her heart... Poor Shoko though will soon learn that Haruto is just going to break her heart again since Haruto, being a nice guy, will go out with Saki out of obligation thus he will deny his feelings for Shoko as she deserves to be with someone that isn't a "monster".
Old 2013-06-13, 19:50   Link #58
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
So you are accusing him when he doesn't even remember doing anything? He is the one being raped, by the legal definition. Sex without giving consent.
Oh goodness, here we go...apologies that I didn't type IN DETAIL that Haruto was possessed by OS-tan, some people like to cut to the chase rather than explain everything...and I would classify what OS-tan is doing to Haruto as more possession than rape...but anyways this is a Shouko character discussion not Haruto
Old 2013-06-14, 05:20   Link #59
Kumbayah

Haruto's kiss with Saki didn't stop me from looking forward to him ending up with Shoko. Now that he unintentionally becomes intimate with Saki, I just changed my mind.

Sex complicates things, doesn't it?

EDIT: Will anyone please lead me to those spoilers about those who would survive the assault against Module 77)
Old 2013-06-15, 22:52   Link #60
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I....can honestly say that things are not looking too good for Shoko now.

Especially if Module 77 falls.

Tags
characters