AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-28, 04:05   Link #14481
Kamui4356
Aria Company

The problem there is bills are long for a reason beyond "lol bureaucracy" If you don't want loopholes, you need long bills that clearly lay out the change to the law, and any exceptions to it that may be applicable, how it should be enforced, and so forth. Then you need the bill to define the terms used in it so no one can argue it doesn't really apply. That's not to say they couldn't be simplified, but limiting everything to a handful of pages takes that too far and creates more loopholes than a long bill, not less.
Old 2011-06-28, 04:27   Link #14482
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Iranians are making noise agian. And firing long range missiles to prove a point.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43558256/
Old 2011-06-28, 05:36   Link #14483
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Iranians are making noise agian. And firing long range missiles to prove a point.

And of course, such missiles loaded with conventional payload would probably be more effective as psychological (fear) weapons, unless they can fire them at a very precise target...
Old 2011-06-28, 06:32   Link #14484
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
The problem there is bills are long for a reason beyond "lol bureaucracy" If you don't want loopholes, you need long bills that clearly lay out the change to the law, and any exceptions to it that may be applicable, how it should be enforced, and so forth. Then you need the bill to define the terms used in it so no one can argue it doesn't really apply. That's not to say they couldn't be simplified, but limiting everything to a handful of pages takes that too far and creates more loopholes than a long bill, not less.
Glad to see someone is sane enough in this matter. Sometimes I feel that the ultraconservatives think that the US will have a future if the diag is turned back to 1800s.
Old 2011-06-28, 06:51   Link #14485
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

I can't wait for them to strike Israel with those missiles. Sure it will destroy the country, but we will have hundreds of Mossad agents operating like Al-Qaeda - this means GG to the rest of the world. I certainly don't want my Malay neighbour's house to be blown to bits just because a Jewish friend of mine visited me during his holidays.

Please don't stir the safari anthill you Iranian idiots. Thank you.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-28, 09:19   Link #14486
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I can't wait for them to strike Israel with those missiles. Sure it will destroy the country, but we will have hundreds of Mossad agents operating like Al-Qaeda - this means GG to the rest of the world. I certainly don't want my Malay neighbour's house to be blown to bits just because a Jewish friend of mine visited me during his holidays.

Please don't stir the safari anthill you Iranian idiots. Thank you.
you DO realize that Israel is not so small a place that a few hundred missiles can "destroy" it ... right ?
its a small COUNTRY, not Disneyland.
it would take more then conventional weapons to destroy it.

besides, an Iranian strike on Israel is more likely to result in a massive raise in oil prices then it is in Mossad agents operating like Al-Qaeda.
Old 2011-06-28, 10:35   Link #14487
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

'Tau day' marked by opponents of maths constant pi
Old 2011-06-28, 11:13   Link #14488
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
besides, an Iranian strike on Israel is more likely to result in a massive raise in oil prices then it is in Mossad agents operating like Al-Qaeda.
Given than Iran is exporting oil, they might want higher oil prize.
On another hand, Mossad agent teamed with israelian Special Force would be a much more efficient than Al-Qaeda...
Old 2011-06-28, 11:35   Link #14489
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Given than Iran is exporting oil, they might want higher oil prize.
On another hand, Mossad agent teamed with israelian Special Force would be a much more efficient than Al-Qaeda...
they export crude oil but import the refine stuff. A increase in oil price will hurt Iran more then Israel or the US.
Old 2011-06-28, 12:36   Link #14490
iLney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
the customers, have little to no control over the decision making. The most people can do is boycott a company, but that's rarely feasible when companies are so big that people can't do without them out of habit.
Oreally? Let see what happens if Coca Cola decided double their price. McDonald enforces super duper spicy meal only edible by Mexicans. Walmart raises the "Proud be to made in China" flag and change its logo to Lmao.

Quote:
Oh yea? Considering lobbyists are the actually people to write the bill, that sounds like a very smart move. And I heard that our politicians are smarter than Wall Street lawyers! Not. You want to tighten the regulations? The only thing it would achieve is to alienate small guys who cant afford good lawyers.

How about banning corporation from having lawyers?
Old 2011-06-28, 14:06   Link #14491
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
they export crude oil but import the refine stuff. A increase in oil price will hurt Iran more then Israel or the US.
especially since the increase in import price would be a direct result of Iran's primary export going up in flames.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:20   Link #14492
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Glad to see someone is sane enough in this matter. Sometimes I feel that the ultraconservatives think that the US will have a future if the diag is turned back to 1800s.
No, they're just mad it won't stay 1954 forever.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:22   Link #14493
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
i will gladly return spending/citizen level if the conservative will return to 1954 tax levels.
Old 2011-06-28, 14:42   Link #14494
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The 1950s are too liberal for modern conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
Oh yea? Considering lobbyists are the actually people to write the bill, that sounds like a very smart move. And I heard that our politicians are smarter than Wall Street lawyers! Not. You want to tighten the regulations? The only thing it would achieve is to alienate small guys who cant afford good lawyers.

How about banning corporation from having lawyers?
That in no way addresses my point and is pretty much a red herring. Regardless of who writes the bills, you need more than a few sentences to clarify the intent of the law. Hell, look at all the bitching back and forth over the constitution. A good example is the second amendment.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

What's a "militia" here? What does it mean by "the people"? What does it mean "keep and bear?" What does it mean by "Arms?" What exactly does it mean to "infringe?" This has all been argued over the years. I'm not going to debate what interpretation is correct, this is merely to point out that you don't want vague laws that people can argue over precisely what they mean.

Last edited by Kamui4356; 2011-06-28 at 15:03.
Old 2011-06-28, 15:03   Link #14495
AnimeFan188

Hacker group the A-Team publishes list of alleged LulzSec members

"An Internet hacker group calling itself the A-Team has published a document it
claims reveals the identities of at least some members of the recently retired
hacker network LulzSec, including phone numbers, addresses, Facebook URLs
and even the identities of some of their relatives and associates."

See:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...c-members.html
Old 2011-06-28, 16:19   Link #14496
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
The 1950s are too liberal for modern conservatives.
Sadly, even the 1980s are too liberal for modern conservatives...
Old 2011-06-28, 17:11   Link #14497
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"An Internet hacker group calling itself the A-Team has published a document it
claims reveals the identities of at least some members of the recently retired
hacker network LulzSec, including phone numbers, addresses, Facebook URLs
and even the identities of some of their relatives and associates."

See:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...c-members.html
Good. I am a believer in transparency, but what they were doing was indiscriminate. They make those who do it for a sense of higher purpose look very bad. It is unavoidable that they'd lump these kids in with other groups, so I am glad it was another group who brought them down. Also I am shocked they made themselves traceable.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:23   Link #14498
Tiberium Wolf

And what if someone decided to takes revenge on the ppl in that list and they aren't actually LulzSec ppl? Now that's going to entertaining.
Old 2011-06-28, 17:43   Link #14499
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Dutch lower house of parliament has passed a law effectively banning the ritual slaughter of animals, in a move condemned by Muslim and Jewish groups.
Old 2011-06-28, 18:17   Link #14500
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sadly, even the 1980s are too liberal for modern conservatives...
I'm not sure if that term carries any weight anymore, considering the massive increase of state power and thuggery the Bush administration caused by the War on Terror. They always clamor for smaller government but this is clearly not the case.

I'm gonna call these guys the name that they wouldn't want to be called the most.

Liberals.

Actually I just refer to both parties as thugs by different names for different special intrests (Obama must be the most overrated and overhyped president I've seen yet-- Nobel Prize for what????) and as thugs who would want nothing better than to shit on the Constitution and its people, but YMMV.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international