AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-06, 22:45   Link #1141
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, the anime’s ending seems to strongly impled that he really has feeling for Hakaze. But at the same time, you can’t just forget about your feeling to your late lover even if she’s already dead. Just like in Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) where Kenshin still has lingering feelings for his late wife, Tomoe, even though he already moves on to Kaoru. I think it’s a natural lingering feelings for a couple who once loved each other before death separated them. To just forget your previous love for the sake of the new one is a sign of a shallow love, and Yoshino's love to Aika isn't shallow .
I just wish that Hakaze and Yoshino did something before they final battle. I felt they needed a little something more besides the pool scene. I just hope that they make a sequel to this series. I thought it was really enjoyable to watch.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 22:51   Link #1142
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Anime at least implies Yoshino ends up with Hakaze. Japan has this weird obsession about not ever being explicit about the romantic end, and Okada as a writer is of no exception in most (all?) of her works.

Which on an off topic note, annoys me a little bit because my list of osananajimi wins/loss record isn't as solid as it could be, due to maybe around half of them wins and losses are implied, and can be up to interpretation. *end rant*

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 20:19   Link #1143
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Anime at least implies Yoshino ends up with Hakaze. Japan has this weird obsession about not ever being explicit about the romantic end, and Okada as a writer is of no exception in most (all?) of her works.

Which on an off topic note, annoys me a little bit because my list of osananajimi wins/loss record isn't as solid as it could be, due to maybe around half of them wins and losses are implied, and can be up to interpretation. *end rant*
Apparently in the manga Yoshino turns down Hakaze. For once, I liked the anime ending over the manga ending.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:04   Link #1144
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Apparently in the manga Yoshino turns down Hakaze. For once, I liked the anime ending over the manga ending.
Even if he did turn her down I find it inevitable that they end up together regardless of the medium.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:09   Link #1145
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I would hope so. He's obviously still incredibly in love with Aika. Sure, eventually that will fade, and he'll be able to move on, but as things stand NOW, he wouldn't be doing anyone any favors by getting into a relationship with Hakaze while his feelings for Aika were still so strong.

Not saying they couldn't get together eventually down the road, but it just seemed very forced right NOW. I might even put on my fake psychologist hat and say it's got all the earmarks for a relationship bust if they were to move that quickly.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:21   Link #1146
GundamZZ
残念美人

So, the discussion is..."should Yoshino get over the loss of Aika"?

Pro: Yoshino should get over Aika.
It's been one year. He should not get over it for 24/7 365 day.

Con: Yoshino should not get over Aika.
Aika was devoted to him. He should not get over her.

The manga shows Yoshino's doubt about Hakaze's feeling. He calls Hakaze's feeling as suspension bridge effect. In anime, he doesn't have the doubt. So, it's not really a denial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban dictionary

The suspension bridge effect happens when a person crosses a suspension bridge and he sees someone of the opposite sex. his fear of falling down causes his heart to pound. He then mistakes that for the heart-pounding feeling felt when falling in love with the opposite sex.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:25   Link #1147
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
So, the discussion is..."should Yoshino get over the loss of Aika"?
I don't think that's a question at all, because we all eventually get over loved ones (one might call it a coping mechanism, even). Sure, there are going to be some outliers, but in general, that's how we work as human beings.

The question is whether he was actually over Aika enough to be diving into another relationship. There's nothing wrong with moving on, I just don't think he's actually moved on yet, and his jumping into Hakaze's skirts while still being so emotionally invested in Aika seems ill-advised.

That said, yes, it's a fictional story, and yes, it's an anime, and yes, shipping is very much a thing, so I can hardly fault them putting the two together. If it was real life, however...
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 22:41   Link #1148
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Suspension bridge effect? I dunno, but looks more like the 'knight in shining armor' effect for me. I'm gonna disagree with manga!Yoshino with this one; if he has doubt on Hakaze's love, he should be calling her out on maybe 'hero worship' or the idea that Hakaze is in love with the idea of the typical Prince Charming, and not that he looks more attractive because they're in great danger.

But should Yoshino get over Aika? Logical part of me says he should move on, but I'm kind of a sucker for endings like Gurren Lagann... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 01:18   Link #1149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But should Yoshino get over Aika? Logical part of me says he should move on, but I'm kind of a sucker for endings like Gurren Lagann... XD
Gurren Lagann ending? NNNNNNOOOOOOO..........!!!

I prefer an ending that fell in the middle of the two extremes like Rurouni Kenshin’s manga. The male MC is able to move on but still remember and cherish the memory of the deceased loved one. So yeah, much like Zetsuen anime ending that we got.
Old 2013-04-08, 12:23   Link #1150
VTHokiePride

I just wish that the ending didn't blackout right before they were walking towards each other. I was really invested with their relationship. Then again, I always preferred plots where they leading male and female characters end up together.
Old 2013-04-08, 13:19   Link #1151
Bern-san

I agree with creb, I like Hakaze x Yoshino and want Yoshino to move on.
But we saw Yoshino thinking about Aika during the whole series so I don't think he is prepared to move on by the time the anime finished.
In the manga Hakaze claimed that she won't give up so Yoshino will give in at some point, it's better that Yoshino is fully prepared to move on and is sure that he loves Hakaze.

The pressure of the group having girlfriends and Hakaze by his side all the time can affect him maybe?
Old 2013-04-08, 15:11   Link #1152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I like to think Hakaze will be patient - will need to be patient, but that it'll pay off in the end.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 12:54   Link #1153
LKK

Preliminary details of the US release were announced today.

Quote:
... English-subtitled DVD plans for the Blast of Tempest anime. It will release the anime series in two complete season DVD sets on August 13, 2013 and January 21, 2014. Each set will include 12 episodes on three DVDs. The first set's bonuses include clean opening and ending animation sequences, a 16-page deluxe booklet, and an exclusive reversible mini-poster.

Pre-orders for the first set will begin on Monday. Each set will retail for US$74.98, discounted to US$59.98.
[ANN quote source]

I'm very disappointed that the series is not getting a blu-ray release. Visually, it's a gorgeous series. I wanted to see it in all its beauty. Nevertheless, I will buy the series. It's a Must Have as far as I'm concerned.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 13:17   Link #1154
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ No BD at all? That’s a shame. Too bad it’s not Sentai Filmworks or Funimation who release it. Zetsuen will get a decent BD release if that happens.
Old 2013-06-03, 00:14   Link #1155
GundamZZ
残念美人

The manga has the first side story. I wonder if the studio gonna animated it.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 20:42   Link #1156
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Finished. Predictable ending but very good closure. Very few loose ends left.

The anime overall was kinda dull and far too long for the story it portrayed, but not bad.

Definitely above average.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen