AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-27, 02:47   Link #41
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

thats definately a little too graphic i think. i bet its gona be cut or 'rewritten' for the anime.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 03:13   Link #42
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
@Potatochobit
Actually, all those "teammate killings" done by Rapunzel WERE more graphic in the MANGA, i.e. "decapitation, blood and all that sh!t"

Or were you referring to my spoiler about Guido?

Last edited by ShadowClone; 2006-04-05 at 22:41. Reason: It's more graphic in the MANGA, I meant. Edited
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 04:38   Link #43
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
you know what i think?

nanashi is gona lose again on purpose so the girl doesnt have to play rock paper scissors....

unless its strip rock paper scissors...
Well, Episode 34 will answer most of your "theories"...watch it now!

Oh, I remember I told you that this is where you're gonna want Nanashi (aka. the "lecher") to have your kids, right? So what do you think?
Old 2006-04-04, 08:26   Link #44
DarkRains

Episode 34 was so lame, god, that little girl annoyed me. Looks like episode 35 isn't gonna be all that great either cause Ginta's gonna be to mad to control his magic power or something and is gonna get his ass kicked. Lame.
DarkRains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 22:53   Link #45
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
Oh, I remember I told you that this is where you're gonna want Nanashi (aka. the "lecher") to have your kids, right? So what do you think?
I have to admit that I actually squeed during this ep. Although wether I let him chase my skirt is a different story! But alas I'm still a Nanashi Fangirl.

But Nanashi was great, and the little bit of heroism was nice.

I'll have to wait and see if Ginta will be able to control his temper, or if this will just be on big "lesson" for him.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 00:04   Link #46
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Actually, they "semi-spoiled" episode 35 during its preview on ep. 34 (if you watch it). Listen to Ginta and Babbo's dialog and you'll know what I mean!
Old 2006-04-05, 00:48   Link #47
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i liked the puri puri girl...... i want ocean abilities.
Old 2006-04-05, 20:33   Link #48
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_fever
Mar is a great series, one of my favs.

As for the evil queen, I read the manga so I found out who she is
Spoiler:
I was suspecting the first bit (except the exact relation) because they resemble eachother, and they seem to know eachother, and the second bit was pretty obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
@Potatochobit
Actually, all those "teammate killings" done by Rapunzel WERE more graphic in the anime, i.e. "decapitation, blood and all that sh!t"

Or were you referring to my spoiler about Guido?
I think Potatochobit was referring to that manga spoiler about decapitation. I don't think those teammate killings were that graphic in the anime. You see a slash and they fall over, except in Aqua's case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRains
Episode 34 was so lame, god, that little girl annoyed me. Looks like episode 35 isn't gonna be all that great either cause Ginta's gonna be to mad to control his magic power or something and is gonna get his ass kicked. Lame.
She was a bit annoying but I still liked her. Having that eternal smile on her face seems to be the result of some kind of trauma, so she just forces herself to laugh all the time. She was still nice, and I thought what happened was a shame. That was a nasty thing to do by Giromu. But it's not that unexpected since in an earlier episode he said he was a killer, specializing in women. Hell, maybe Rapunzel lost the rock-paper-scissors on purpose for that very reason (the others were guys). It looks like Ginta will get in a bit of trouble in the next fight, but there's no way he's gonna lose since he's the captain. Giromu got beaten pretty badly before and he'll get beaten again.

I've been rewatching episodes, and noticed a few things...

- For both the 1st and the 2nd wargame battle the dice roll was a double 3. Yet the fighting area was different. That's kinda sloppy.
- Rohan met Alviss before, but he didn't notice the zombie tattoo at the time, eventhough Alviss' arms were uncovered at the time. It was a very short skirmish though.
- Ginta didn't recognize his father's name and only figured out Danna was his dad after the first war game battle. I suppose that could be because he disappeared when he was still pretty young and only referred to him as "dad".

One thing I recall being mentioned about Dorothy (in the old MAR thread that disappeared), is that she didn't have such an interest in Ginta in the manga. I'm kinda curious how she interacted with Ginta in there then, and if it has any impact on the storyline. I guess she could still have an interest in Ginta in the manga, just of a different nature. Makes for some funny 'burning Snow' scenes in the anime though.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-05, 22:53   Link #49
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
I think Potatochobit was referring to that manga spoiler about decapitation. I don't think those teammate killings were that graphic in the anime. You see a slash and they fall over, except in Aqua's case.
Whoops, my bad, sorry! Yep, I meant it was more graphic in the MANGA. I edited my post correpondingly. Thanks!

Quote:
One thing I recall being mentioned about Dorothy (in the old MAR thread that disappeared), is that she didn't have such an interest in Ginta in the manga. I'm kinda curious how she interacted with Ginta in there then, and if it has any impact on the storyline. I guess she could still have an interest in Ginta in the manga, just of a different nature. Makes for some funny 'burning Snow' scenes in the anime though.
Well, Dorothy pretty much behaved the same way in the manga, plus the "burning Snow" scenes were also in the manga as well!

I would guess Dorothy was impressed with how Ginta handled himself when they retrieved Babbo, plus the fact that she probably saw Ginta's potential for using ARMs. Perhaps she found him to be interesting...not as a lover of course, but as a "cute little kid" that is worth sedu-- um, teasing.

She later notices the attraction between Ginta and Snow, so being the "notorious witch" that she is, she does things that would embarrass Ginta and piss off Snow!
Old 2006-04-07, 11:11   Link #50
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Rewatched a few more episodes, and gah! More screwups! This is an overview of all the dice rolls so far:

Ep17, dice roll for the 1st battle: Blue 3 = 3 vs 3, Red 3 = Ragenrave Field
Ep20, dice roll for the 2nd battle: Blue 3 = 3 vs 3, Red 3 = Desert Field
Ep24, dice roll for the 3rd battle: Red 5 = 5 vs 5, Blue 4 = Volcanic Field
Ep32, dice roll for the 4th battle: Blue 6 = 6 vs 6, Red 4 = Ice Field

Now I already pointed out the mistake with the first 2 rolls, but they messed up again. Not only did they use another color to determine the group size, but the same number is used for another location. One 'out' I can think of is that he looks at the dice from left to right no matter what the color is *AND* the color of the die has some influence on the location (which would mean there are 12 different possible locations). The other 'out' is that Pozun is simply retarded. :P But I find it very unlikely, I just think they simply screwed up here.

Some more random thoughts...

- Dorothy and Toto. Well that's an obvious reference, if I ever saw one. Ironically, Dorothy is the witch now, and Toto isn't exactly small.
- Alibaba and the Magic Lamp. Another reference, shame he was so weak and overconfident. He should have been fighting with an arabic sword.
- Alice. A popular name when it comes to magic, this sure is the hot version. That joke where Dorothy reminds Nanashi that it's actually Babbo still cracks me up.
- Babbo's memory. What the hell happened to it? Does it have something to do with the fact that his magic stones were taken out, and his memory went along with it? If so, this could have been the original Babbo until Phantom corrupted him. Phantom's Babbo looked pretty evil.

Spoiler:

Oh, and Snow's first battle vs Fugi was one on my favorites. Gave me an idea for a new avatar, so here it is! Fugi got Snowned!

Last edited by Trax; 2006-04-07 at 11:28.
Old 2006-04-07, 20:13   Link #51
l.tkiki
Angel Of Four Seasons

^w^ Props to you AmyMay, I'm a Nanashi fan too XD I was reading the newest volumes of the chinese version(but I suck at chinese -_-) because the english traslations took too long and just finished the anime up to 34 or 35 I forgot. There was a weird thing in the anime they kept adding things like Loco's past and one of Nanashi's past comrades Pirun(poor thing XD) I found that quite weird as if the creator of MAR wanted the anime to be the original thing.

I have some spoilers from the manga and because I still have some trouble being new +_+ just highlight to read:

Nanashi is actually a person from another world, many rumor that he is Joker(from Flame of Recca) who had been sucked into a black hole ending up in MAR heaven. The real boss of the Theives Guild is actually Galian. Nanashi became the Boss when Galian had joined the Chess. Another thing is that Nanashi does fight Galian and wins in the 5th round. The funny part towards the fight, Galian acts like a loser and the Guardian Nanashi summons looks like Setsuna from FOR but is called Jimote. In the 6th battle Snow does get kidnapped and Ginta beats Ian in the final round of the fight. After that, Jack does indeed fight Pizel and win. It ends where Alviss is against Rolan. That was long
l.tkiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 10:17   Link #52
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ep35 is out, thanks C1

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-26, 16:30   Link #53
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Aww licensed, I was so curious about the next fight and the repercussions on Rapunzel... Oh well, let's hope they do a good job with this, it's pretty fun to watch.
Old 2006-05-02, 06:15   Link #54
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Original thread has been moved, in other words it's licensed now.
Old 2006-05-11, 03:13   Link #55
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Unhappy

Aaarrghhh! I'm so freakin' IGNORANT! MAR was one of the series I watch and I had NO IDEA it was licensed about 2 weeks ago already!!

Imagine my surprise when I went to ***** and found that it was "licensed by VIZ"!

Anyway, since it is licensed for a broadband site, does that mean we can not only watch the episode streams but download/save it as well? Sorry, I'm not familiar with broadband sites like Adult Swim Fix, etc. and how they work.
Old 2006-05-13, 01:25   Link #56
eLstar
(^_^)v

Is it airing now anyway? I didn't even know there was an anime and lo' and behold there is one except it's licensed.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-13, 04:36   Link #57
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Is it airing now anyway? I didn't even know there was an anime and lo' and behold there is one except it's licensed.
Do you mean the dub? I don't think it's made it to the release stages yet. It is still going in Japan if you mean't that though.
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 06:14   Link #58
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

does anyone remeber what gintas moms name was? if i remmeber correctly it was dianna just like the evil queens that was revealed.

and now we find out that there is a king above her.

i am thinking.... that gintas dad is the evil king!!!! o noez!

or maybe she is trying to revive gintas dad... but they why did she attack him in the first place.
Old 2006-08-05, 10:24   Link #59
Babyven
PiTa TeN LoVer

Send a message via MSN to Babyven
Marchen Awakens Romance

Anyone have wallpaper for Mar??? Lurbe da anime so much...

Can send to me at babyven89@yahoo.com.sg

thx thx
Babyven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-07, 09:38   Link #60
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
does anyone remeber what gintas moms name was? if i remmeber correctly it was dianna just like the evil queens that was revealed.

and now we find out that there is a king above her.

i am thinking.... that gintas dad is the evil king!!!! o noez!

or maybe she is trying to revive gintas dad... but they why did she attack him in the first place.
Hmm...from what I've read from the scanlations so far, Ginta's mom's name hasn't been revealed yet. Koyuki always calls her "Ginta's mom". But the speculation/theory as to her parallel in MAR-Heaven is Dianna is already old news.

Tags
action, shounen