AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-18, 17:27   Link #81
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

Isshin is really cool ! I am glad that i don't read manga(but i am spoiled a bir so i knew about Isshin :P). When he was showed i though his soul slayer was kinda short, but actually when he draw it was longer than I though. About Mod Souls I don't mind them, the fillers won't be completly leaved behind(like naruto fillers).
Old 2007-01-18, 17:30   Link #82
Freeter
beyond

Co-sign on the modsoul interference. Even from an anime-only standpoint that segment was drawn out and pointless. Ririn and co. need to stay confined to Uruhara's shop and gradually fade out.

The smacktalk between Grand Fisher and Isshin was great. If Isshin is that powerful with his Zanpakutoh alone, imagine what his Bankai must be like....
Old 2007-01-18, 17:40   Link #83
S_C_L-1

As long as the modsouls only meddle in minute ways as they did this episode, and not in the big-arse fights, then i dont mind their existence...

Quote:
The smacktalk between Grand Fisher and Isshin was great. If Isshin is that powerful with his Zanpakutoh alone, imagine what his Bankai must be like....
assuming he HAS bankai.

Quote:
yeah, that was the perspective... not exceptional, but better than the perspective they used in the filler arc...

Quote:
Spoiler:
hopefully, it wont turn into one of those "history repeats itself" stereotypes... im so sick of those... some kind of twist to it would go down well with me tho.

And that BGM when Isshin and Grand Fisher are about to fight was awesome! i hope they use it more often :3
Old 2007-01-18, 17:42   Link #84
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
assuming he HAS bankai.
Well he's a captain so It's pretty safe to assume that he does.
Old 2007-01-18, 17:50   Link #85
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

One third thing for last that annoyed me was Grand Fisher maniacal laughter right before he goes XXXXKing size. I mean his laughter sounded more as a squeaky giggle, and a very noisy, that creeped me out of annoyance.

Thanks for the new cool music that played when he transforms, since it enabled me to focus more on Grand Fisher's insanity once he goes über with looks and power levels, but still a small shrimp in comparison to Isshin, and disregard his bothersome cackling.

For sure Grand Fisher goes insane on his eyes.
Old 2007-01-18, 17:50   Link #86
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Well he's a captain so It's pretty safe to assume that he does.
oops, just realised we were talking about Isshins bankai! i was talking about GF's bankai... >_<;

sry for the mixup!

Quote:
One third thing for last that annoyed me was Grand Fisher maniacal laughter right before he goes XXXXKing size. I mean his laughter sounded more as a squeaky giggle, and a very noisy, that creeped me out of annoyance.
i found it oddly fitting actually.
Old 2007-01-18, 17:54   Link #87
Ziv

Quote:
oops, just realised we were talking about Isshins bankai! i was talking about GF's bankai... >_<;

sry for the mixup!
lol, if he did we'll never know now...unless the plot fairies decide to resurrect him later, but that would be bad writing.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:35   Link #88
Lendial

yay now the wait is on to see ishin's released and bankai forms. i really have no clue what his zanpaktou's abilities will be, but perhaps something that allows you to see past illusions? a father and son team up vs aizen would be neat.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:54   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
assuming he HAS bankai.

And that BGM when Isshin and Grand Fisher are about to fight was awesome! i hope they use it more often :3
Agreed! and agreed! Kenpachi is a prime example of a captain who doesn't have a bankai. Also, as annoyingly unsuitable some of those BGMs have been, that particular BGM was very nice.

There is one more obsevation I would like to make. Most of us should remember how Ichigo's mom died protecting Ichigo from a hollow. At that time, I chalked it up as one of the random victim of the hollows who just happens to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. After this new revealation about Isshin's power, it sheds new light to the incident of why a hollow probably wanted to attack Ichigo when he was young. I wonder if Isshin blames himself for being indirectly responsible for his wife's untimely death. I'm also very eager to find out about Ichigo's reaction to this new development assuming he will find out about his dad's ability. Btw, the episode also explains why all of Isshin's children are with latent power and have always been so perceptive when it comes to hollows and the likes.

edit: One more thing that I noticed.. yeah, it was an episode of revealation

Notice how this hollow has something inside of it's mouth. If I didn't know better, I would have tried to find a correlation between the goofy Vizard and the hollow in the above picture. The Vizard also seems to have something on its tongue.

Last edited by monir; 2007-01-18 at 19:08.
Old 2007-01-18, 18:56   Link #90
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I remember when I sorta speculated about Isshen a while back and almost got banned for it by NSW, thus inadvertently spoiling myself. lol

Good episode. 7/10
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2007-01-18, 19:22   Link #91
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Time for the comedy gold moment of the week.

It's ironic when Isshin doesn't intervene when comes to parenting Ichigo when Kon slaps him back that he (Isshin) gets stucked to Karin and Yuzu like bees to honey.
Isshin, of course, tries to play dumb with reason that Yuzu and Karin are well his defenseless, little girls on that retarded imagination of his, at least "retarded" from Karin's and Ichigo's POV; I could swear that Yuzu is as naive as Inoue.

It brings me back memories from the comedy gold from episode 8, the GF arc, when Isshin goes monkey business and teary-eyed drama telling Karin and Yuzu to jump literally onto and be embraced by his furry, bared chest, as loving children would to seek protection in their parents. But it backfired the whole business on him, as Karin delivered him a potent roundhouse on the chin.
Old 2007-01-18, 20:34   Link #92
striderm
Adusa #1

Here's a manga depiction of Isshin.
Old 2007-01-18, 20:44   Link #93
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
I remember when I sorta speculated about Isshen a while back and almost got banned for it by NSW, thus inadvertently spoiling myself. lol

Good episode. 7/10
Well that don't seem right. Still kinda funny tho now that you can look back on it, eh?

Makes you wonder if Karin and Yuzu will become Shinigami in a next-generation Bleach series...
Old 2007-01-18, 22:13   Link #94
Zek
Eyebrows...

Ugh. Three major complaints with this episode:

1.) Sooo drawn out. I can't believe they spent the entire episode on just that much content. I understand they don't want to catch up, but this was excessive.the conversations just went on for ages.

2.) The mod soul trio. They just absolutely destroy the atmosphere of any scene they're in. They certainly don't contribute anything worthwhile, so it's pretty clear that the anime team is still just using them to distribute filler content throughout the manga episodes and draw things out longer .

3.) Animation quality. Not good.

Basically this felt like the quality of one of the worse filler episodes, except that it so happened to cover manga material. I really hope they're able to improve on this as the arc goes on...
Old 2007-01-18, 22:21   Link #95
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Manga Depiction of GF .Anime Time 19.04

Old 2007-01-18, 22:57   Link #96
Forever
Revealing the truth

Wonder why if isshin is so godlike, why couldnt he protect his wife then? What's the point of being godlike then?
Old 2007-01-18, 23:08   Link #97
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm surprised Isshin was able to hold himself back from acting for so long. Considering the times his children were in danger he didn't just rush out to their rescue. Though it brings back good memories of the early episodes when Karin would knock her father around (not bad to do that to a Captain level). I can see how he wouldn't have been able to save his wife. I mean the GF was hiding and just had some bait laid out. Even if Isshin had sensed it by the time he got there it probably would've been too late. Though finding out that he is that powerful does raise a lot of questions.

Too bad for GF he goes from a hairy hampster to a giant guy and still gets pwned. Looking forward to the aftermath of these last few episodes. Will Ichigo find out his dad is a soul reaper? Is Ishida going to throw away connections with Soul Reapers as his father demands? Really wonder why Ryuuken and Ishida's grandfather had such a different outlook.
Old 2007-01-18, 23:26   Link #98
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
*cackles* You're certainly on to something. I won't even push it past a certain someone to be involved with the whole situation altogether. Given that they're both doctors and that they're bound to have cross each other at some point or another, what are the likely chances they're good...allies?

There seems to be more to the uber awesome conspiracy that relates everything to everyone now...
Old 2007-01-19, 00:06   Link #99
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Wonder why if isshin is so godlike, why couldnt he protect his wife then? What's the point of being godlike then?
with all that power, it's is nigh impossible to protect everyone, even Ichigo knows that

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

Notice how this hollow has something inside of it's mouth. If I didn't know better, I would have tried to find a correlation between the goofy Vizard and the hollow in the above picture. The Vizard also seems to have something on its tongue.
are you talkin about the mouth inside the mouth? cause don't most if not all Hollows have multiple mouths?
Old 2007-01-19, 00:45   Link #100
Ardea

I really liked the episode, even if it did have those mod souls... though like most I was hoping they'd disappear -_-. It did make me laugh though, when Nova zipped his hood shut upon meeting Isshin... like, "I wish I would disappear from the canon now."

Poor Kon. Just trying to enjoy a night out. XD.

I loved the entrances made by the fathers. Awesomeness.
Closed Thread