AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 57 54.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 11.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.95%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-26, 20:10   Link #41
rimaa

This anime has really turned itself around from those boring slice-of-life type episodes earlier this season....Since Pheles Showed up(end of episode 12) the pace has been faster, and its been really intense and enjoyable. Now that Pheles is gone, I hope the anime keeps delivering the goods.
Old 2008-01-26, 20:13   Link #42
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wink

Great episode, but (Johan + Yuji + Silver + Reiji Maiko) = Total Confusion Now.
Old 2008-01-26, 20:14   Link #43
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Seems more like Yuji+Silver+Reji now. Johan seems to have ceased to exist or something (He gave his existence to Pheles). Sucks though cause I was starting to like the guy.

Though in regards to Kazumi....just give it up girl.
Old 2008-01-26, 20:22   Link #44
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Johan isn't dead, he's just sleeping. T_T Pheles would be acting a tad bit differently if that weren't the case.
Old 2008-01-26, 20:25   Link #45
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I dunno because it looked liked he was pouring his own soul and existence into her so in a way he'll always be with her LOL....
Old 2008-01-26, 20:34   Link #46
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Is it just me or Pheles has changed sound ( voice) like 3, 4 times at least. She is just toooooooo epic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Seems more like Yuji+Silver+Reji now. Johan seems to have ceased to exist or something (He gave his existence to Pheles). Sucks though cause I was starting to like the guy.

Though in regards to Kazumi....just give it up girl.
Doubt he is dead. As pheles said herself, " For Our own sake and your sake" so that alone indicate that Johan isnt dead.
Old 2008-01-26, 21:16   Link #47
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Excellent episode, actions was crazy, the shana hug was very touching. It earned a 9/10 from me.

So any speculation on what Pheles is planning to do?
Old 2008-01-26, 21:58   Link #48
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Shame Yuji and Johan can't keep up a conversation; at least Johan has a clue. And speaking of Johan, lol @ him telling everyone on the battlefield to stfu. It's like, bam! "I'm teh Johan, fools! Can't touch this." And he was right, they just couldn't touch that. If he had appeared earlier, maybe Hecate would have just surrendered.
Old 2008-01-26, 22:18   Link #49
Devard

My second ten for this season thanks to nicely timed music coupled with awesome art and plot development. Another plus in this episode was getting to see Shana crying out and flying towards Yuji in desperation. Of course, let's not forget the hug.

Here's a shot of the scene from the novels:
Old 2008-01-26, 22:18   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Even though this episode was something happened, then something again and then so on, it handled it quite nicely instead of it falling into a complete mess --- do like how it was pointed out within the series how so much is happening at once.

& damn so much new Ko Otani material. Just in time after the first soundtrack's release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Another plus in this episode was getting to see Shana crying out and flying towards Yuji in desperation. Of course, let's not forget the hug.
I absolutely loved that scene, i was all 'in the moment' though Kazumi had to go and destroy it for me. Not the first time something like this has happened thanks to her.

Quick question for novel readers --- were are we upto in terms of novel volumes?
Old 2008-01-26, 22:53   Link #51
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Quick question for novel readers --- were are we upto in terms of novel volumes?
About half done with volume 13
Old 2008-01-26, 23:26   Link #52
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I wonder what will happen to Yoshida, now tht she's got the hougu?
so Konoe Fumina really was Hecate, ok not really but konoe is part of Hecate no wonder they looked so alike
Old 2008-01-26, 23:35   Link #53
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I wonder what will happen to Yoshida, now tht she's got the hougu?
so Konoe Fumina really was Hecate, ok not really but konoe is part of Hecate no wonder they looked so alike
Errr, did anyone ever truly think she wasn't? There'd be no point in introducing her to the story if she wasn't....

I'm hoping Yoshida will try to use the hougu, overextend herself, and burn up in a little flame. Then, I'm hoping Shana will try to rescue her and get sucked into the resulting explosion and also die. After that, I'm hoping that Yuugi snaps because of their deaths and his mind dissolves completely, leaving his body empty and available for people more worthy of the Reiji Meigo.
Old 2008-01-26, 23:40   Link #54
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Just as a means to guess how much material will be covered this season, which are the novels prior to the 13th whose content hasn't been covered in its totality?

Quote:
I'm hoping Yoshida will try to use the hougu, overextend herself, and burn up in a little flame. Then, I'm hoping Shana will try to rescue her and get sucked into the resulting explosion and also die. After that, I'm hoping that Yuugi snaps because of their deaths and his mind dissolves completely, leaving his body empty and available for people more worthy of the Reiji Meigo.
I think someone is forcing himself too hard to watch this series
Old 2008-01-26, 23:40   Link #55
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

It's so bloody obvious that the show is meant to push action the way it did in this episode. The first season was like 65% action and 35% LOVE triangle, and it worked pretty damn well.

This second season was absolutely trash because they attempted some slice of high school life crap (and failed), almost turned things into a love rectangle (also failed horribly), and had really no action at all up until now.

And yeah, people were against this show being action oriented (or sticking it into said genre), but hell with as much as they packed into this episode, I wish they would have started sooner and cut this show's length in half.

I mean I've gotten more out of this episode the entire second series up to this point (which worries me because we've still got 11 freaking episodes left). I'm not sure that's a good thing.

And could they bloody write Yoshida out of the story already. Jesus.

"I wish that was me up there~"

Woman, you are done, forget it.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-01-26, 23:47   Link #56
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
This second season was absolutely trash because they attempted some slice of high school life crap, almost turned things into a love rectangle, and had really no action at all up until now.
You know... something as simple as adding a "in my opinion" might make people think that you are more open to debate and that you aren't trying to berate those who have liked the second season. As incredible as you might think it is, there are people who have liked the content of the second season so far, and who like Yoshida Kazumi as a character. At least, yours truly does. Which does not means that I believe your opinion to be incorrect at all. They are opinions after all, which are as subjective as something can get in this world. I'm just asking to think a little of your counterpart in this little debate

That said, me liking slow paced episode is not self-exclusionary with me liking some action oriented episode, as seen in the first page of this thread ^_^
Old 2008-01-26, 23:51   Link #57
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, sorry, I'm 100% open to debate on whatever, I just get rather passionate and single minded about these type of things when I type them out. My apologies.

^_^;;;

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-01-26, 23:51   Link #58
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I think someone is forcing himself too hard to watch this series
Oh they've got me completely hooked with the "one more episode" syndrome. I kept telling myself that just one more episode and maybe Pheles will show up and things will start getting really intense...and of course they managed to keep me at it for 12 whole episodes
Old 2008-01-27, 00:00   Link #59
mpt37

Can anyone tell me what the exchange between Wilhelmina and Pheles was about?

Based on SS/Eclipse subs. (When Pheles is about to leave):

Wilhelmina: Why do you shoulder everything yourself, why won't you...
Pheles: I no longer have the right to
Wilhelmina: Even so, I'm...
Pheles: Thank you

At this point I'm really confused as to what the relationship between Wilhelmina/Pheles is so that's probably why that part made no sense to me. How do they know each other? and why is Wilhelmina so worried about her?
Old 2008-01-27, 00:12   Link #60
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Just as a means to guess how much material will be covered this season, which are the novels prior to the 13th whose content hasn't been covered in its totality?
Well Novel 10 hasn't been animated but they might do that one with 15 (if they get there) as they're both in the past