AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-20, 04:34   Link #381
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Persona 4(how can people hate this?)
Gundam Seed Destiny
Inuyasha
Fate/stay night(i think this is kind of hated)
Medaka Box(this is awesome, people just don't fucking understand)
Whoa, whoa, whoa... how in the hell could they (other viewers) hate Medaka Box?

Yea... granted that it somewhat feels like "random" to me, but the anime is cool in many ways. I also like this (even though I forcefully bought a pirated DVD of it).
Old 2012-09-20, 04:56   Link #382
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenaisian View Post

Yea... granted that it somewhat feels like "random" to me, but the anime is cool in many ways. I also like this (even though I forcefully bought a pirated DVD of it).
Probably because of the last episodes.. where the MC became a super saiyan...

Personally I loved that anime... But not enough be kept...
Old 2012-09-20, 10:27   Link #383
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Probably because of the last episodes.. where the MC became a super saiyan...

Personally I loved that anime... But not enough be kept...
I love the anime but it isn't good enough.
Old 2012-09-20, 10:45   Link #384
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:

I don't read manga and was going in with no expectations at all into the show... the first 2 eps were kind of ok, but with the introduction of yet another boring male character they completely ruined the show for me. Medaka on her own wasn't such a great character to begin with, the other side girl was quite annoying even. I honestly don't get the appeal of the show at all, but to each their own I guess. I couldn't bear watching it past Ep5 or 6, maybe I'll finish it one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I find Strike Witches to be a reasonably enjoyable anime, although it appears most anime fans don't seem to like it for the show's lack of trousers and story. I overlook those for the fact that the anime is entertaining in its own right.
Seriously, fuck the haters. I never heard one legitimate point on why Strike Witches would be bad, all you get is stupid kids going "HOW CAN THEY WEAR NO PANTS, THIS IS SO INDECENT". That being said, I think there aren't even that many haters on SW, the fanbase is quite aliveandwell and so is the franchise itself - thankfully. Can't wait for the movie BD.

tt: I loved Hidan no Aria and was baffled at first by how much hatred it got online. After getting to understand anime communities a bit more I realized that it was mostly people jumping on bandwagons (protip: hating JC won't make you look sophisticated) and that on animesuki here even seem to be a few people actively following the LN, which I was really glad about. Still, the fanbase seems to be very small.
Old 2012-09-20, 18:00   Link #385
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I've built up a lot of these over the last few months. One of my favorite anime ever is California Crisis: Gun Salvo, which a lot of people look down. Also, there's Legend of Duo, the YuGiOh movie, Jungle Boy, Rio Rainbow Gate...

And whoever says Aquarion EVOL and the original Hellsing sucks are WRONG!

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-09-20, 18:23   Link #386
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
Seriously, fuck the haters. I never heard one legitimate point on why Strike Witches would be bad, all you get is stupid kids going "HOW CAN THEY WEAR NO PANTS, THIS IS SO INDECENT". That being said, I think there aren't even that many haters on SW, the fanbase is quite aliveandwell and so is the franchise itself - thankfully. Can't wait for the movie BD.
Now that I think about it, I think all of the haters come from only a limited number of places. Most of the reviews I've come across don't outright hate it, but instead, pick apart more traditional plot-related and character-driven elements. At least those guys acknowledge that there are some merits. Given the sensitive nature of the anime, while I say I enjoyed it, it's not exactly something I would recommend for everyone. It's kind of like a guilty pleasure Finally, I totally look forward to the movie
Old 2012-09-20, 19:22   Link #387
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Also agreed with Medaka Box. While its not a masterpiece but at least its fun to watch and didn't drag like other shounen shows like One Piece, Naruto, Bleach and Hitman Reborn.
Old 2012-09-21, 04:34   Link #388
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Exclamation Please read between the lines before anything else.

... wow, it seems that a piece of my mind that has materialized on my earlier post had lead to a commotion of sorts, much like when Trillanes started trash-talking Enrile against the proposition of an independent province that will separate a district in Camarines Sur in order to form Nueva Camarines in the process (seriously, what in the hell are those a-holes thinking?).

I just want to suggest that we should leave the haters alone. If they hate something about a certain anime or show, will it affect something? We are entitled to opinions... but on the same process, we should express our opinions with PROPER REASON. I'll cite an example: sudolicious' post.

Quote:
Those who hate Strike Witches just because of the indecency involved in the anime are either conservatives, or just straight-up assholes (it's either of the two). They are just a classic example of people who are judging a book by its cover and closes their eyes or ears to what message the anime conveys to us viewers. I am also guilty about this, so I am also one of those people who judges a book by its cover. (I'll cite this one anime I totally hate, that it brings up occasional nightmares up to this day: Yosuga no Sora, and you can figure out the primary reason for this)
PS: I am not implying that the above mentioned username should post with proper reason; it applies to each and everyone of us who use the internet in a daily basis.
Old 2012-09-21, 05:14   Link #389
mistress_kisara

For me its Blood-C its not perfect but I liked it :P
Old 2012-09-21, 05:55   Link #390
stormtrooper

We ain't leaving the haters alone. They can express how bad an anime or series has been. I'm sure we can express how good an anime is. We point out things that are good as they point things that are bad. I'm sure we have the right to get back at them if they mess with us.
Old 2012-09-21, 06:14   Link #391
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
We ain't leaving the haters alone. They can express how bad an anime or series has been. I'm sure we can express how good an anime is. We point out things that are good as they point things that are bad. I'm sure we have the right to get back at them if they mess with us.
People have different taste and that's a fact. If they hate it then let them... but they can't stop you from enjoying it.. and again... that's a fact..
Old 2012-09-21, 09:09   Link #392
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
I just want to suggest that we should leave the haters alone. If they hate something about a certain anime or show, will it affect something? We are entitled to opinions... but on the same process, we should express our opinions with PROPER REASON. I'll cite an example: sudolicious' post.

PS: I am not implying that the above mentioned username should post with proper reason; it applies to each and everyone of us who use the internet in a daily basis.
Maybe it's too early or I'm simply retarded, but I don't get over half of your post. Are you praising me here or are you naming me as an bad example? Because if the latter should be the case, I just wanted to comment on ForwardUntoDawns post, in which he said that "most Anime fans" would hate it, I just wanted to make clear what kind of people hate it and for what stupid reasons.

Of course them hating won't affect anything, but how can you even seriously ask that question in the first place? It's not about whether it affects something or not, this is a discussion forum, the very nature of this website is to exchange opinions and views. If someone is criticizing Strike Witches with legitimate arguments and therefor concludes that Strike Witches is "bad", then I would be glad to discuss this topic with him.
But, if someone is ranting about a certain show, without giving any proper arguments whatsoever, while just hanging onto one tiny irrelevant aspect, then I won't bother giving "reasons".
I dismissed their complaints and moved on to the more important part of my post, establishing that SW has a lot more fans than haters. I don't have a problem with people not enjoying shows I liked, I just don't like to see them talking out of their ass and trying to make the show look bad when they clearly don't have any foundation for it in the first place.
But again, that hasn't even been the case here, my focus was on supporting the fanbase, and not bashing the haters.

If I simply misunderstood your post - which I still think is highly possible - then I'm sorry, in this case I hope I didn't offend you and would delete my post soon. I was just a bit surprised to see this kind of reply, especially since someone else told me to "behave", so I thought this two things could be related to each other.
Old 2012-09-21, 20:59   Link #393
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I just want to suggest that we should leave the haters alone. If they hate something about a certain anime or show, will it affect something?
This thread isn't about insulting people It's about presenting reasons why each of us believe that a particular anime has merits that might not be readily apparent. Thus, we're criticising an idea, not the people who hold the idea. Unfortunately, most people who disagree with a series usually do not have a solid justification backing it. Something as simple as "the story isn't coherent" is good enough for me, but complaining about the "lack of pants", for instance, isn't. That said, the people who criticise a particular anime usually are excessively vocal about it, which leads to the impression that everyone hates something. I think that's why people step up to counteract it: had I believed the general impression of Strike Witches, I would have missed out on something that was relatively novel and fun
Old 2012-09-22, 05:41   Link #394
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I can't hate a series. Because hating a series is utterly moronic.

If you don't like a series, then DISINTEREST takes care of the rest.
There are hundreds, thousands of things I find boring. I don't hate them, because due to having no interest in them, I don't read/watch/listen to them.

Disinterest shouldn't produce a strong emtion in people like hatred.

It would have to be a very isolated, special case for something like that to happen.
Like a hit song that's utterly annoying to you, but gets played all the time, forcing you to listen to it
Old 2012-09-22, 22:21   Link #395
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

There are hundreds, thousands of things I find boring. I don't hate them, because due to having no interest in them, I don't read/watch/listen to them.

It would have to be a very isolated, special case for something like that to happen.
Like a hit song that's utterly annoying to you, but gets played all the time, forcing you to listen to it
I basically agree with this in principle. I essentially avoid things I have no interest in, so I can't hate it. I think the thread title may be a bit misleading in that regard.

So I guess there are really two cases that should really be distinguished here as far as this thread goes:

a) "Anime you love but few people seem interested in", and
b) "Anime you love but has a lot of vocal detractors"

There are shows that seem to attract a lot of negative "press" among the fans. I think this is usually because people are initially interested in the series on principle, but are disappointed by the way it turns out. Some of this is because people buy into "hype" without investigating whether the show is really their style. Heck, I know some people that will watch just about any anime just because it's anime without any regard to theme, style, or target audience (and yes, some of these same people get "mad" when the show doesn't live up to their expectations of being a "good anime" -- even if it's a self-fulfilling prophecy...).

Personally, if I lose interest in a show, I'm likely to just stop watching. But there are some people who force themselves to watch anime to the bitter end whether they like it or not. And this concious choice on their part can result in that sort of "annoying hit song" syndrome you mention. A lot of these same people get really bitter about anime in general as a result of their choice... but they don't seem to have any inclination to stop. Some will argue that sticking shows out this way has caused them to discover gems that they otherwise would have overlooked (but I personally question whether a show can really be a gem to a person if it takes them that long to enjoy it...).

Well, anyway, for myself personally, I love a number of anime that are in both of the categories above, and I guess that's natural. My reasons for enjoying anime are my own, and don't necessarily align with anyone else. Sometimes I think the reasons people offer for disliking shows I love are a bit frustrating, but it makes for interesting discussions anyway...
Old 2012-09-23, 12:30   Link #396
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Anime another
I love the horror psychological stuff but it seems everybody around me hated it
Looks like some people manage to hate tv shows they never saw in fact (wich is awesome in a way)
I need to check Ideon but again some people told me to avoid this old shit.
That make me more interested in fact XD
Old 2012-09-23, 12:40   Link #397
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

There was only one anime franchise that I came as close to actually hating as possible and that was probably Lucky Star, where apparently not liking it and saying as much wasn't good enough, I HAD to love it because according to it's fans it was an objective comedic masterpiece so I had it crammed down my throat for about 4 months and took my frustration out by giving it a runaround blogging job. In retrospect it was a childish thing to do, but at the time it was airing it felt like about the only way to stay sane and true to my tastes and convictions and get across what I was trying to get across that it IS possible to be underwhelmed by something even if it's coming from an animation studio at the absolute pinnacle of it's popularity.

These days I spend a lot of my time trying to explain this very simple concept of hate solves nothing and just makes more people miserable in the long run to the Gundam fanbase, but I've basically given that one up as a lost cause that will have to right itself on it's own or bring the whole thing down into an eternal pile of misery and bitterness towards that which ought to be a source of entertainment. There's only so many attempts and angles you can take something like that from before you just start to look like a preacher and it becomes clear that that's just what people want to do.

Anyway depending on the week and the focus of the episode, this season it's been the duo of Sword Art Online and Accel World. The former got caught up in this massive hype bubble that has seen it see-saw between either the greatest thing ever or a brutal disappointment and sign of anime's decline from week to week, and the latter has had about the most butthurt I've seen over a character design possibly ever that had been following it almost the whole way though and used as IMO a cheap tool with which to criticize the series over. I'm honestly not sure how either is going to be remembered in the end, but I've pretty much been greatly enjoying both even through their peaks and valleys.
Old 2012-09-24, 04:05   Link #398
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I don't see what's wrong with hating a show. It's the same with hating certain foods you don't like. The very sight of it can make you nauseous, and want to vomit.

Certain anime can trigger the same response.

Sure I can avoid it, but whatever little contact I have with it feels icky and unclean. Of course, if you hate a show and keep watching it, then you're just a masochist.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-09-24, 04:15   Link #399
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

There's nothing wrong with hate. Expressing a great disdain for the way you spent your time, if it was very negative, is a perfectly natural thing to do.

For example I hated Haruhi's endless 8 because it was the ultimate insult to a loyal fanbase, a complete slap in the face. Especially someone like me who actually purchased the first season, so yeah I had more than enough reason to be resentful.

Why do people waste their time sometimes watching things they hate? Maybe because being bored is even worse .
Old 2012-09-24, 10:08   Link #400
stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So I guess there are really two cases that should really be distinguished here as far as this thread goes:

a) "Anime you love but few people seem interested in", and
b) "Anime you love but has a lot of vocal detractors"
So most anime would fall under b) since people have something to say about it and the rest/unheard of/not so much mentioned anime in a)

a) Moyashimon (I think)
b) Strike Witches, Umineko, K-On, etc