AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-11, 16:45   Link #2041
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Lelouch isn't like L at all. L is more like Suzaku. He's not willing to go against society or break laws.
Did you read/watch Death Note? Light is the one that thinks the law is so golden that people who break laws should die, whereas L uses a con artist and a top-class thief among other illegal methods to get the job done.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 16:51   Link #2042
Aquaman OS

Light also believed any criminals deserved immediate death while L trusted the justice system. The point was that Light had no limits and would let nothing stand in his way (Lelouch is almost like that but isn't a total sociopath in that he has a few people he wasn't willing to bother) while L/Suzaku try to at least be somewhat moral.

L/Suzaku is the less extreme of the pair.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 16:55   Link #2043
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Light also believed any criminals deserved immediate death while L trusted the justice system. The point was that Light had no limits and would let nothing stand in his way (Lelouch is almost like that but isn't a total sociopath in that he has a few people he wasn't willing to bother) while L/Suzaku try to at least be somewhat moral.

Considering L made a mockery of the justice system with his methods, I don't know about that. You can't really draw that many parallels between the two animés at all without stretching quite a bit. The only thing really similar is the overall premise: "A smart high school student gets a supernatural power in a 'normal' world and decides to use it to change that world"
Old 2008-08-11, 16:57   Link #2044
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Lelouch isn't like L at all. L is more like Suzaku. He's not willing to go against society or break laws.
Spoiler for I think not:
Old 2008-08-11, 16:59   Link #2045
Poorboy93

Quote:

Actually, Both L and Light had a justice system. Light had a more extreme Judgement, he thinks he is a god. Lulu doesnt think Like that so nor does Suzaku.
You cant compare Suzaku to anyone that much in death note because, Suzaku isnt that bright compared to them. Suzaku is losing his way of living as well, you see him deteriate soon
Poorboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:00   Link #2046
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Spoiler for I think not:
L kidnapped Misa and tortured her with no real solid evidence she was the secodn Kira. He also sacrifices criminals in order to test out his theories. I really don't think we can say L has a clean slate.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:01   Link #2047
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPhenemenom View Post
L kidnapped Misa and tortured her with no real solid evidence she was the secodn Kira. He also sacrifices criminals in order to test out his theories. I really don't think we can say L has a clean slate.
While I agree with the overall sentiment, the first part is partially false. They had enough evidence to arrest Misa on suspicion of being the second Kira. L was torturing her to get information on the first Kira.
Old 2008-08-11, 17:09   Link #2048
Aquaman OS

Well both DN and CG are full of morally gray people who don't stick completely to the laws and rules of the world but of the main rivals one of them is extreme and thinks that nothing can be changed without extreme revolution while the other while not a totally lawful and moral person tries to work with the status quo.

Light believes the justice system and laws are a joke and the world is hopeless corrupt and that the world needs someone watching over it who kills anyone who does anything remotely wrong as well as anyone who does not support the current system. L while seeing the flaws in the system none the less tries to work with what they got and views the mass murder of people as wrong no matter what the reason and doesn't support Kira.

Lelouch believes that Britannia is the ultimate evil and it has to be totally crushed and the royals and nobles either dead or under his control in order for the world to be at peace and Nunnally to be safe. Suzaku believes that Britannia can be changed and the world can still be at peace despite the existance of Britannia and going against the rules to change things is bad. Like L Suzaku broke a law once and resolves to not do that again.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:12   Link #2049
Asleep

I don't think L was against Kira, to achieve any kind of justice. He even said so didn't he? That he only liked solving crimes (or something to that effect). He was solving a puzzle, that was all. I don't remember him ever expressing his views on the matter. In fact, only Light's father gave some sort of substantial opinion as to why Kira was wrong.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 17:25   Link #2050
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I don't think L was against Kira, to achieve any kind of justice. He even said so didn't he? That he only liked solving crimes (or something to that effect). He was solving a puzzle, that was all. I don't remember him ever expressing his views on the matter. In fact, only Light's father gave some sort of substantial opinion as to why Kira was wrong.
Yeah, he did say that... I guess that's one thing that separates L from Light, Lelouch and Suzaku. He was only doing it for the lulz.
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 18:47   Link #2051
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

L isn't like Suzaku or Lelouch and neither is Light for that matter. The comparisons to "Death Note" are old, and really, don't fit. Enough of that now...<.<
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 18:57   Link #2052
Sports72Xtrm

Lelouch is like if the joker and the dark knight had a baby. And Suzaku is like if harvey dent was japanese. lol
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 19:18   Link #2053
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hah, good one Sports. You've forever changed my view on Suzaku now.
Old 2008-08-13, 04:53   Link #2054
m1thril

LOL...good analogies sports
m1thril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 03:30   Link #2055
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Hell yeah Rolo!
You brought back lelouch!
The show just got more optimistic
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 03:33   Link #2056
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Hmm, not bad Rolo indeed. Seems Kallen won't have much of a mess to deal with once she pops up to say hi.
Old 2008-08-17, 03:48   Link #2057
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
The show just got more optimistic
Good thing that there's evidently a few good things about this dark/depressing episode at least :3
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 07:35   Link #2058
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Hmm, not bad Rolo indeed. Seems Kallen won't have much of a mess to deal with once she pops up to say hi.
I'm feeling so disappointed in this episode I'm sure not getting my hopes up for that.
I've yet to see the subs so I can't follow all the conversations. I can't really see what Lelouch plans to achieve alone.
All the UFN gave up their forces to the Black Knights, and no Britannian, save for Jeremiah would follow him.
Old 2008-08-17, 07:41   Link #2059
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I've yet to see the subs so I can't follow all the conversations. I can't really see what Lelouch plans to achieve alone.
All the UFN gave up their forces to the Black Knights, and no Britannian, save for Jeremiah would follow him.
Well, for now he might just focus on getting to know the truth. By episode 22, however.. We'll see what hisplan is by then. It'll depend on what'll happen. Maybe Lelouch will somehow make things so that one side/faction will absolutely need him no matter what?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-17, 09:19   Link #2060
patnam

LElouch has now lost his idendity as Zero, thus lose his leadership with OotBK. Therefore, he decided to fight against Shneizel and Emperor Charles and he will redeem himself in the name of Lelouch... Vi Britannia!!!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote