AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-20, 04:52   Link #1021
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

What is up with this show? Why is everything so damn...cute?
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 05:24   Link #1022
Dawnstorm

This show is creeping up on me. I'm liking it more and more. In the beginning I was bit frightened by all the cuteness. I got Stepford vibes...

Gotta say, I loved the old lady's advice this episode. A very well done scene. All in all, my favourite episode yet, with pretty much all the characters interacting.

Do the aliens track people with cow tags, I wonder?

And this is the only show where I sit through both the OP and ED every week (slightly prefer the ED - it's so cute).
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 06:29   Link #1023
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Meme is so bad for letting Ryuushi's secret out in the open, but I suppose with both Ryuushi and Itoko (I forgot his name) personalities, it's the only way they'll get somewhere.

Also, Itoko is like a ball of candy she wants to roll around in her mouth? *nosebleeds*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 08:24   Link #1024
coderlan
Student

It's pretty heartwarming to see a maiden in love.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 10:06   Link #1025
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
This episode was actually pretty funny. No one was overly annoying, or maybe I'm just getting used to it. Either way I enjoyed it a lot more than the last two episodes.
Old 2011-05-20, 10:17   Link #1026
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

For some reason, I fell over laughing when I heard the Koi and Hen pun.

I have no idea why, it's as lame as most of the other puns out there. Maybe some denpa happiness.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 10:34   Link #1027
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

1,000,000,000 points to Maekawa.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 10:45   Link #1028
Mef

Did anyone else notice? Ryuushi has a 'birthday' symbol in her calendar for June 26, so apparently her birthday is coming up next Sunday (in their time). Or is it someone else's? Did I miss something?

I like the inclusion of a very true-to-life character like Ryuushi, although in reality this kind of person is more 'mysterious' because you don't see the story from her viewpoint.
But I really love how entrancing she is, you nearly forget all the bad sides of her personality. So realistic.
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 10:59   Link #1029
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

Damn, in the midst of all the mayhem, I didn't catch that

Maekawa: I win at seduction.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 13:33   Link #1030
zato_1one

ZOMG! I'm being spoiled so badly when I read the comment in sankaku. <_<

I love to read spoiler but that's only when I want to. Reading the spoiler without preparing myself is really distasteful. Damn you Anonymous in sankaku! I will ask about it in light novel thread if it's really true or not.

I think that people rarely check the novel thread so I will place the link here in case that someone want to answer me.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...66#post3619966

Last edited by zato_1one; 2011-05-20 at 13:51.
zato_1one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 13:50   Link #1031
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Haven't been watching past Episode 1 (and havent read the rest of the forum just in case I do want to pick it up again) because unless its handled with taste and sensitivity, I personally find that bad-parent characters in any medium make the show in question an uncomforable watch.

The worst part of what I seen so far, the violent abuse and cheerfully casual neglect on the mom's part is played for laughs.

Is she ever going to show ANY love, affection, kindness or even BASIC ATTENTION towards Erio, or should I just drop the series now and save myself a lot of spitting at the screen?
Um, "Abuse" is only scene in the one comic scene in the first ep that was it. She may seem neglectful but if you pay attention she actually does do some things right but masks it in her hyperactive demeanor. Off the top of my head...
Spoiler for meme:
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 13:53   Link #1032
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This episode felt a bit weaker than the previous episodes but it was still enjoyable.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 15:07   Link #1033
Crackabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post

flexibility ftw
Old 2011-05-20, 15:37   Link #1034
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have a much better opinion of Meme's parenting now than I did when we first met her. Leaving Erio wrapped up in the futon and telling Makoto to leave her alone seemed wrong then, but now we can interpret it as leaving her in the place where she felt secure. Only when Meme sees that Makoto is helping to draw her out of her seclusion, as Meme herself could not, does she accept and help Makoto's invasion of Erio's world. However...
Spoiler for ep6:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 21:15   Link #1035
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

lol!!

This was easily the best episode of the series. Script is now much easier to follow (as many novel readers said; it gets better after the 1st volume denpa), and there were some very hilarious moments that caught me off guard. Most of all, Sakuga!!! It is just too good!

Also, character interactions and tone, directions and BGM fit perfectly and balanced. I was very impressed.
Old 2011-05-21, 00:34   Link #1036
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Those bastards!How can they treat Erio like that- is what i want to say, but i myself had abandon a weirdo just because of peer pressure by other people so i have no right to lecture others for being a jerk when im guilty of it as well...

Though in my defense, that guy wasnt a cute girl with sparkling hair so you can understand my position... plus he nearly killed me twice with a vehicle so i guess we were even.... -_-
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 02:40   Link #1037
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Um, "Abuse" is only scene in the one comic scene in the first ep that was it. She may seem neglectful but if you pay attention she actually does do some things right but masks it in her hyperactive demeanor. Off the top of my head...
Spoiler for meme:
Yeah I agree with you about Meme. Furthermore, its far too early to judge Meme's parenting based on what happened so far and we have yet to hear her side of the story properly. Some people are making hasty conclusions already, however, place yourselves in Meme's shoes for awhile. Imagine being a single parent mother and having her only daughter disappear with no clues whatsoever on where she is for about 6-12 months (I forgot exactly how long Erio was missing, can someone confirm this please).

Well as a mother Meme was probably devastated during the duration that Erio was missing. Overall, she doesn't seem like a heartless parent, on the contrary she seems to be perceptive and understanding of Erio's logic more so than Makoto. For instance, Erio's reason for not wanting to attend school again and working instead.

P.S. It does seem like Meme is skillfully avoiding the topic of what happened to her during Erio's abrupt absence whenever Makoto tries bring it up.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 07:24   Link #1038
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Started this series yesterday. I like the OP. It's kind of hypnotic like denpa should be. The aunt is really creepy.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 08:39   Link #1039
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The latest episode was very cute and enjoyable, like its character cast overwhelmingly is.

However, it should now be abundantly clear to Makoto that Mifune has a massive crush on him, and that Erio and Maekawa likely do as well.

Thus far, SHAFT (and the sections of the light novel source material that we've seen adapted so far) has very skillfully and admirably managed to have a highly attractive harem while managing to have Makoto not fall into the characterization issues that so frequently plague harem anime male leads.

That's going to get much trickier going forward, though.

I hope they can pull it off somehow, though, because that would make this show a truly revolutionary harem anime.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-05-21 at 11:39.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 09:26   Link #1040
Candyshark

Spoiler for episode 6:
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life