AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-04, 10:55   Link #1
Utsuro no Hako

Voynich Hotel by Dowman Sayman

Quote:
PLOT: A young man visits a hotel on a remote South Seas island and becomes involved with the wacky residents and staff, which include a pair of undead witches, a gang of crime solving kids, a couple drug-dealing girls, a cook who likes to poison food, and the fourth-ranked assassin on Earth.
If you know who Dowman Sayman is, then you know this series is about five times crazier than that description suggests, though it's not quite as insane as Oddman 11 or Para Iso.

The scanlators just got a hold of Volume 2, so we can expect a couple dozen chapters to come out over the next few months. At this point I'm still not sure how seriously we're supposed to take the plot. It seems to be more than just random gags, but every time it seems to be building towards something, it ends with a joke like the assassins being locked out of the amusement park in the first volume.
Old 2013-03-05, 07:24   Link #2
il_capitano
tea for universe

I've wanted to buy this one for a while (I've had it in my wish list for at least a year and a half, now), but it seems that whenever I go to order it on Amazon, it's out of stock. One of these days...
Old 2013-03-05, 07:59   Link #3
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

interesting slice of life with conspiracy and such

remind me durarara

Old 2013-03-06, 21:20   Link #4
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

This mangaka is a genius. I actually prefer the collection of oneshots, "Nickelodeon" though.

As for the dark comedy plot, I think it's moving. It's just shoveling round and sneaks up on you like a zombie, for the lulz.
Old 2013-03-06, 22:57   Link #5
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Oooh, I did really like Oddman 11, even though there's only 9 chaps out =0\. Y'know his chaps are short and sweet, and 10 pgs flies by like a gentle breeze. I'll check this out, thanks =03.

Old 2013-03-08, 22:56   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2013-03-16, 03:15   Link #7
Velsy

I strangly started reading this one. I am oddly interested in it, even tho nothing much is really happening. Maybe its the comedy. But I do want to know why Snark is killing, as well as having to oddly know the main characters name and place of staying without even meeting before.

Was also hoping the ghost in the boiler room would be ..... something more.....
Old 2013-03-16, 03:21   Link #8
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My familiarity with Dowman Sayman is with his more... hentai works...
Old 2013-03-16, 10:08   Link #9
Utsuro no Hako

I'm really worried for that cat.

None of the other characters. Not even the gay assassin. Just the cat.
Old 2013-03-28, 00:02   Link #10
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quite the amusing series. 41 was pretty nice. Y'know, I really like to see sex used in such a mature fashion; no dramatic "I love you" crap, just like "yeah, they did it, now let's move on". Elena's and Kuzuki's relationship has grown quite nicely, so hopefully it'll be a long-term thing. I don't see those assassin's lasting to long though, now that they are looking for him. Not much of a loss, since other than looking at older sister's big tits, I never cared about the assassin sisters =02. Yeah, I said her tits; at least I was being honest.

Such a nice cuddling scene in 42 =03. Elena has the cutest facial expressions(well, lots of the chars do actually) x03. It looks like the assassin sisters' end is nigh. Maybe the older smaller sister might survive.

Last edited by frubam; 2013-03-28 at 00:32.
Old 2013-03-28, 03:19   Link #11
Velsy

Yeah, even tho I thought the two sister assassins were interesting, but when Belunas gotten rid of someone, they're never seen again O_o. I get the feeling Beluna is alot more effiecent than snark. Snark turned out pretty dissappointing too.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-03-28, 03:47   Link #12
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Someone randomly recommended this to me and at first I thought it was just stupid. But before I realized it I had read through all the available chapters ._.

Liked Vixen before her recent chapter with Leader and the drug dealing trio, unfortunately I doubt that we will see them again ._. Also the assassin sisters grew on me, the younger one is certainly going to die ;_; but maybe the younger one will survive.
Old 2013-03-28, 06:26   Link #13
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Someone randomly recommended this to me and at first I thought it was just stupid. But before I realized it I had read through all the available chapters ._.

Liked Vixen before her recent chapter with Leader and the drug dealing trio, unfortunately I doubt that we will see them again ._. Also the assassin sisters grew on me, the younger one is certainly going to die ;_; but maybe the younger one will survive.
Well being dead is not the same as being written out of the series in this one Although mess with anything the witches like you will wish it was. remember the demons don't even want to deal with them.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-02, 02:02   Link #14
Velsy

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting them to die that fast. So Alice came to kill Kuzuki ?

Elena was OP!

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-04-02, 02:05   Link #15
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting them to die that fast. So Alice came to kill Kuzuki ?

Elena was OP!
You mean Snark, and yeah she did. Remember her meeting with him out in the town back in the earlier chapters. She said she'd come visit him at the hotel sometime.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-04-02, 02:06   Link #16
Velsy

Ah yeah, mixed the name up accidently with her sister ><

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-04-02, 22:58   Link #17
Velsy

Has some odd comedy at times. Reversed hands huh.

I've been giving Snark some thought. So far the only thing I can see in her patten of murders, is that anyone whos nice to her become a victim. Its what happend to the homo, and the other victims may of been the same. When Kuzuki was listening in on the couple next door, the guy sounded like he was being pretty nice.

I was kinda expecting Burlina to be the most lethal killer, really didnt expect that from Elena. Elena is the last person I'd want to piss off now O-o.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2013-04-12, 00:11   Link #18
Utsuro no Hako

Even if nobody stays dead, the body count is getting ridiculous. By the end of the series, the island's probably going to be populated entirely by ghosts.
Old 2013-04-15, 05:30   Link #19
il_capitano
tea for universe

Finally bought and read both volumes this weekend, and had my high expectations met and exceeded. This is exactly my kind of manga. A+, would read again.
Old 2013-04-16, 08:55   Link #20
RJ TAYLER

Utsuro no Hako just remember another hotel on the other side of the seas along the pacific coast California to be exact viz:

"You can check out anytime you like..... but you can never leave"
Closed Thread