Notices

Old 2007-03-31, 11:48   Link #101
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamezterr View Post
That was just a suggestion.. ;-)

They could have it go as it was. There is so much they could do!
I know but I was just voicing my opinion on that.

I still don't see how they could continue, no matter what angle people try to give.
Maxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 11:59   Link #102
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Completely new characters.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 13:24   Link #103
Orbitalframe Misaki
Robot girls are ppl too!

I see your point, it would be kinda hard to continue.

However... i do think the point of a grand sci-fi plot would be the best or perhaps only way to continue the series as a 'series'. They could however make a movie without going off the deep end like that, theres enough going on in both series even at the end of each to do something with.

Also on the idea trail of a follow up series, i remember seeing a picture(perhaps a newtype pic one volume) of Koishi and Mizuho going at it in space with beamsaber's. Playfull pucture or reason to wonder?
Orbitalframe Misaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 14:10   Link #104
Icehawk

Quote:
Also on the idea trail of a follow up series, i remember seeing a picture(perhaps a newtype pic one volume) of Koishi and Mizuho going at it in space with beamsaber's. Playfull pucture or reason to wonder?
Haha, yeah remembering that pic is actually what spurred my suggestion for a sci-fi based continuation. Havent seen the pic in a while, I know its in the Official Onegai Teacher Fanbook. Have to look at it again when I get home from work.

I mean really, they've already done the "down to earth" aspect, taking it in the scifi direction that they havent yet explored and could easily be done well with the right vision would be the best thing to do IMO. Otherwise just let it be as its already pretty well done its job in a normal setting.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 14:27   Link #105
Orbitalframe Misaki
Robot girls are ppl too!

Aha so thats where i saw the pic, was buggin me lol. I looked back through mine, and after several stops by the fan service pic's (curse you fanservice!) i didnt see anything else of interest to this theory, although i do have yet to check out the planets on Onegai Teacher eps 1 intro to see if by chance they mesh with that one in the newtype pic background. That would be huge if that would to be true.
Old 2007-03-31, 14:38   Link #106
kujoe
from head to heel

I agree with Maxon.

The Onegai series isn't about sci-fi per se. Its main selling point is its focus on relationships. Going the 'grand' sci-fi route all the way would be be like trying to make it look like Tenchi or Dual in a less grander scale, and even the comedy isn't supposed to be like that. Its focus shouldn't be lost for something so extreme. OTw doesn't even pay attention to the sci-fi elements that much anymore, because they're really just plot devices (of OTe) rather than the main points of the plot.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 00:52   Link #107
Jamezterr
Deep in thought.

Send a message via MSN to Jamezterr
They could make a story of what they did after Kai graduated. Or how they finally told everyone about their seceret marriage. It could go in many direction IMO, just gotta start thinking of all the possibuilitys. The Sci - Fi thing seems a little too much in my opinion btw.
Jamezterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 08:55   Link #108
TigerII
Pilot in Training

By twins, it seems everyone knows anyways,
Old 2007-04-03, 15:04   Link #109
Orbitalframe Misaki
Robot girls are ppl too!

Well in whatever direction they could go, i wish they would do something.

Every time i wach the snow angel video i start chomping at the bit again .
Old 2007-04-03, 15:11   Link #110
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, maybe everyone's kids, and their wacky antics..? ..lol
Old 2007-04-04, 15:07   Link #111
fenderkillers

it was an ok series for mee

it has some perverted stuff, i mean the teacher with his student?, he's 18 alright, but he hasnt matured yet , he still has the er, mm, mind" of a 15 year old
fenderkillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 15:12   Link #112
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenderkillers View Post
it was an ok series for mee

it has some perverted stuff, i mean the teacher with his student?, he's 18 alright, but he hasnt matured yet , he still has the er, mm, mind" of a 15 year old
I don't think so. He seemed more mature than everyone else except Ichigo. I could have done without that scene in the OVA where they're having sex. Looked totally awkward. Kei is sooooo pale-skinned.
Old 2007-04-08, 13:43   Link #113
Orbitalframe Misaki
Robot girls are ppl too!

Yeah i'd have to second he was allot more mature than most give him props for. While many kids really are immature right up until the cusp of 18 there are some (like Kei) that are truly more mature than someone twice their age.
Old 2007-04-09, 09:41   Link #114
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I don't know if a third Onegai would be good. I mean, you don't want it done to death right? A movie though? Hmmmm... Though I have to admit I would like to see Onegai Friends turned into something more then just a Drama CD >< a Manga maybe? Or a really short OVA.
twisted-pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 10:33   Link #115
Spartacus

I wish this anime was longer... o-o
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 20:25   Link #116
aznboi408

I like this anime although sometime I wish I could just slap Kei right across his face for being so annoying.
aznboi408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 00:45   Link #117
CraigerRay

Onegai Teacher > Onegai Twins

Ichigo is a lesbian.

You can all say Kei is annoying, he's my effin Hero. Seriously, he can be annoying all he wants when he banging a attractive woman like Mizuho. I would be, damn.

Why does he hide it from everyone, I'd be announcing it to the world. Unless she didn't want that, then I would only softly whisper it.

Minoru Edajima looks like one of my best friends, you be the Judge: http://www.myspace.com/kennismetal

For all you Onegai Teacher fanboys and girls, I suggest you go out and buy Onegai Teacher: Mizuho and Kei's Diary. It picks up right where the show left off, and ITS IS FUNNAH!!!!
CraigerRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-14, 05:29   Link #118
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
I don't think so. He seemed more mature than everyone else except Ichigo. I could have done without that scene in the OVA where they're having sex. Looked totally awkward. Kei is sooooo pale-skinned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitalframe Misaki View Post
Yeah i'd have to second he was allot more mature than most give him props for. While many kids really are immature right up until the cusp of 18 there are some (like Kei) that are truly more mature than someone twice their age.
Really? He's just the same as any other ordinary male characters IMO Not to mention the same as any other cliche male lead IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigerRay View Post
Onegai Teacher > Onegai Twins
Onegai Twin >> Onegai Teacher, IMO Simply because Maiku >>> Kei IMO How's that for a mature male lead

Quote:
Ichigo is a lesbian.
One of the most annoying unrealistic character ever in an anime. Hearing her monotonous voice makes me want to rip my ears off.

Quote:
attractive woman like Mizuho.
I've seen much more attractiveness & maturity in Herikawa
rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 04:47   Link #119
CraigerRay

Quote:
Onegai Twin >> Onegai Teacher, IMO Simply because Maiku >>> Kei IMO How's that for a mature male lead
He was pretty cool, I will say one of the funniest parts of this show is:

Quote:
One of the most annoying unrealistic character ever in an anime. Hearing her monotonous voice makes me want to rip my ears off.
Yeah, she is pretty annoying, I can't stand her at all.

Quote:
I've seen much more attractiveness & maturity in Herikawa
Screw Kai, I'll take Herikawa. Rawr!

CraigerRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 08:42   Link #120
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
By twins, it seems everyone knows anyways,
Yeah, that's the problem. If you removed the "we have to hide our marriage" aspect from Onegai Teacher!, that removes a lot of the conflict of the whole relationship, and Kei can just live out his life as one of the luckiest SOBs in anime.

If they could sandwich a new series, or even a couple of OVAs, in between Teacher! and Twins!, to cover just how everyone found out, and what Kei and Mizuho went through, that could be pretty good. Keeping the principle in the dark, hiding things from his friends, panic when someone finds out the truth, etc. Certainly lots of potential for comedy and a little drama in that scenario.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance