AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-05-25, 14:47   Link #801
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

well, i managed to finish the novel too. Yah that whole "this was a only memory thing" was kinda disappointing, was hoping they could have delved more into that but oh well, this works too. Of course that kissing scene was a little too cheezy for my taste.
But at least the tank battle made it better. I know they always mentioned that Tabitha is more pgysically stronger than she looks but she is actually the loader on the Tiger carrying shells almost half her height with ease.
and here is more scans

there are a few more images left i will scan them later.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2008-05-25 at 15:08.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:15   Link #802
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, time travel may have been a bit much. The kissing thing though was lame. There had to be a better, more interesting way if doing this. I think it would have been interesting if they let it ride for a while and still have her feel that way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:15   Link #803
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have a question abut the tank? When Saito used it, did he drive it, operate the turret, fire the cannon, and loaded the cannon all by himself? Or did he have a crew? Because if he was by himself, this just left the realm of physics. There is no way one person could do all of these things by themselves at once. Especially the Königstiger.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:20   Link #804
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Weren't Louise and some others in it as well? They could have done things while he gave instructions and perhaps operated one aspect like the turret himself.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-25, 15:25   Link #805
TigerII
Pilot in Training

The base requirement would have been a driver and loader/aimer/gunner. It would have been hard though. To load the round, then jump to the periscope or above the hatch, see the target, jump back down and turn the wheels of both longitude and latitude to get the barrel aimed right, then hit the firing mechanism. Possible, but very hard, and it would be slow.

The normal Königstiger had a fiv man crew. The commander(The guy who chose targets and aimed), the gunner, loader, driver, and machine gun operator. A crack Panzer team could be devastating and fast, but a single man operation would have to be immobile, and a two man operation would be hard and slow.

I still find it awsome the tank the author chose to add in was the very tank I am named after, lol. Although it seems he was pulle dinto the hype about the Tiger II. Very slow, costly, and consumed resources. Best tank the Germans made was the Panzer V or 'Panther'.
Old 2008-05-25, 15:32   Link #806
DeotoxSlayer

A kiss to re-awaken memmories......I wonder if the Author is a Code Geass fan.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:38   Link #807
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Well to answer your question. Saito is the gunner, since he is the one with full knowledge and skill to operate the tank. And as i mentioned above ,Tablitha was the loader. Professor Colbert the other person with any technical skill was the driver. Kirche was sitting in the communicaton/radio seat.(she did nothing other than to watch and cheer Colbert on ). The commander 's seat/cupola was empty most of the time, Although Later on Louise occupied the commander seat.

And upon more detailed reading. The Kiss wasn't what returned Her memory. Apparently it was the same as saito in a dream of the past. The Gandalfr rune apparently holds the memories of all past Gandalfr and their "void" masters. Saito's kiss transfered the memory back to her. And apparently even some of saito 's memory is transferd to Louise. Bottomline is now that the two can now share memories through the Gandalfr rune. For example Louise now knows what saito's mother looks like and she sees sporadic images of saito's world. And also she also knows some of the things Saito didn't want her to now, needless to say hilariousness in the forms of beating ensued.
Old 2008-05-25, 15:39   Link #808
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
The base requirement would have been a driver and loader/aimer/gunner. It would have been hard though. To load the round, then jump to the periscope or above the hatch, see the target, jump back down and turn the wheels of both longitude and latitude to get the barrel aimed right, then hit the firing mechanism. Possible, but very hard, and it would be slow.

The normal Königstiger had a fiv man crew. The commander(The guy who chose targets and aimed), the gunner, loader, driver, and machine gun operator. A crack Panzer team could be devastating and fast, but a single man operation would have to be immobile, and a two man operation would be hard and slow.

I still find it awsome the tank the author chose to add in was the very tank I am named after, lol. Although it seems he was pulle dinto the hype about the Tiger II. Very slow, costly, and consumed resources. Best tank the Germans made was the Panzer V or 'Panther'.
Your kind of interest really left me...speechless
you really don't care about fan-service or with wich girl the main protagonist will end or even mor important subplot;instead all you find to ask is detail about weapon etc...I really admire you,sincerely.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:46   Link #809
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
And upon more detailed reading. The Kiss wasn't what returned Her memory. Apparently it was the same as saito in a dream of the past. The Gandalfr rune apparently holds the memories of all past Gandalfr and their "void" masters. Saito's kiss transfered the memory back to her. And apparently even some of saito 's memory is transferd to Louise. Bottomline is now that the two can now share memories through the Gandalfr rune. For example Louise now knows what saito's mother looks like and she sees sporadic images of saito's world. And also she also knows some of the things Saito didn't want her to now, needless to say hilariousness in the forms of beating ensued.
Oh, well that isn't so bad I guess. It makes more sense that way than if it was just a simple kiss. I find it interesting that she has now seen some of his memories as well though for some reason.

What sort of things did he not want her to know? I can guess on a few of them, but were there any specifics?

I sometimes wish she would stop beating him up and actually preserve the moment though.

Old 2008-05-25, 15:46   Link #810
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
Your kind of interest really left me...speechless
you really don't care about fan-service or with wich girl the main protagonist will end or even mor important subplot;instead all you find to ask is detail about weapon etc...I really admire you,sincerely.
I don't blame him. Come On, the thought of anyone who can operate a tank of any sort effectively by him self is ridiculous, especially if you are any kind of military nut (it'd drive you insane). which some people here are. And of course some of us who are actually in the army and watches anime/manga on our spare time would enjoy it more if we can actually relate to it, and of course we like to see it done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oh, well that isn't so bad I guess. It makes more sense that way than if it was just a simple kiss. I find it interesting that she has now seen some of his memories as well though for some reason.

What sort of things did he not want her to know? I can guess on a few of them, but were there any specifics?

I sometimes wish she would stop beating him up and actually preserve the moment though.

Well, its quite easy to guess. Although in this case it was suddenly having her mind filled with all the Fantasies Saito have of her. Cosplays and much much more. I can leave it to your imagination.
Old 2008-05-25, 15:53   Link #811
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I never knew he had fantasies about her, though I should have guessed I suppose.

Old 2008-05-25, 15:55   Link #812
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
[...]and of course we like to see it done right.
Why do I randomly think of german spells used in anime or manga?
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 15:58   Link #813
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I never knew he had fantasies about her, though I should have guessed I suppose.
well not all of are sexual fantasies. Think of it as saito's way reliveing his frustrations of getting ordered around and treated like a dog by Louise. Alot of fantasies are imaging the situations reversed . So He would fantasize situation where he was the one ordering her around, and plotting in his mind ways to embarrass Louise. Its actually gotten quite routine for Saito to do this. Needless to say Louise Wasn't pleased at how she is treated in saito's imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Why do I randomly think of german spells used in anime or manga?
Because they are rarely ever done right? although i m no expert in German. Still German is a sexy language for war.
Old 2008-05-25, 16:04   Link #814
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
well not all of are sexual fantasies. Think of it as saito's way reliveing his frustrations of getting ordered around and treated like a dog by Louise. Alot of fantasies are imaging the situations reversed . So He would fantasize situation where he was the one ordering her around, and plotting in his mind ways to embarrass Louise. Its actually gotten quite routine for Saito to do this. Needless to say Louise Wasn't pleased at how she is treated in saito's imagination.
I didn't expect them all to be either. I would expect some to be there, but what you described is something I would expect as well. Her not being mean at all and him in charge seems very reasonable considering what he has to go through.

Too bad he didn't have a lot of nice ones involving him and Louise or maybe she would have gone easier on him.

Old 2008-05-25, 16:16   Link #815
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, I never really watched anime or read manga/novels for fanservice. I watch/read them for the story(wtf I know right). I am a massive history nut and mainly WWII. So yeah I want things done right, [don't get me started on some of the things from the begining of the series with the A6M(Zero)]. But yeah I am the military history guy right here.

I am glad to see there was a crew though.
Old 2008-05-25, 18:33   Link #816
Vertiful

Quote:
Sorry about the bad explaination before
I kind of rushed through the whole book so I could be the first one to post the summery
Finished the book in two and half hrs:
Vertiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 18:42   Link #817
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

im sorry but im super confused? where are you guy reading these novels? i have been searching but all i can find is the RAW verions? Im sorry but im just totally lost...
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 18:45   Link #818
Vertiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
im sorry but im super confused? where are you guy reading these novels? i have been searching but all i can find is the RAW verions? Im sorry but im just totally lost...
We (some of us) read RAW versions...
Vertiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 18:48   Link #819
TigerII
Pilot in Training

They bought them I believe, no?
Old 2008-05-25, 20:09   Link #820
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiful View Post
I kind of rushed through the whole book so I could be the first one to post the summery
Oi oi oi oi, has this turned into a race to see who can spoil the amazing spoilers first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
We buy them, and read the Japanese (RAW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
They bought them I believe, no?
Yep. Books are best read in your hand. You can feel and smell them too.

I still need a day or two to get my book. ^o^

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen