AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 18:08   Link #41
MCAL

The subs are really tiny, not to mention not well translated, but the netflix joke was much appreciated.

Oh yeah, the show. The episode was fine. Not much to have a good feel for the show, so three episode rule it is then. The two people pilot a mecha seems interesting though. Has that ever happened?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 18:16   Link #42
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
i hope Yukina doesn't get hots for Ouma because he's like 'not from this world' or something considering her 'martian' fetish, unless she really into extraterrestrials.
I think both Yukina and the blond girl will become the guy's love interests. The three appear together in almost all the promo pictures and mecha shows almost always have a love triangle.
Old 2016-04-10, 19:49   Link #43
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

That was a decent start and has potential to be good. The premise reminds me more of the Super-Robot genre than Real-Robot. We have pseudo-magic going on with the cube & ancient mech, a preserved samurai from hundreds of years ago in modern era, alien-onis, and the main base that seem to be the main target of alien attacks. But since this is PAW that we're talking about, we can expect more fleshed-out characters and normal/natural interaction between the cast akin to Fafner (Dead Aggressor). I just hope it won't go the Captain Earth route.

One thing though, I'm glad to see the (mass-produced?) giant mechs can actually defeat the episodic-boss-alien without relying on the awesomeness of the main mech (which we haven't seen that much). It shows that the efforts of the people of the dam-lab for years has paid off and delivers actual results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
The two people pilot a mecha seems interesting though. Has that ever happened?
It happens a few times (and even more if you include gattai-robos). For example, Gundam Stargazer & Susanoo Onigami from Dai-Shogun.
Old 2016-04-10, 21:32   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A good start and showing up naked got to be the best way to show up
Old 2016-04-11, 14:57   Link #45
bastek66

Poor Yukina, FatalPulse chose her as his first target from new season
Old 2016-04-11, 15:01   Link #46
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
She's the main character, it was to be expected.
Old 2016-04-11, 21:05   Link #47
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bad luck for PA works. First anime ever and it has to against Macross Delta in the same cour? Yeah, I myself can't get into Kuromukuro that much. I mean, it does look pretty, but my brain can't help but compare that this is NOT Delta.

Quote:
My personal favourite? Gigantic Formula. If you could get past the weird character designs (especially compared to current modern ones), I loved how they focused on the dynamic of the pilot and the translator... of each of the countries. The basic plot and story progression may be rather predictable, but some of the most touching stories I've seen from anime has come from the stories of these duos.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 21:13   Link #48
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
I'm not familiar with FatalPulse, so I have to ask... why is this a bad thing? This looks like a pretty good fanart to me! Well, presuming that Yukina is just waving there and not making a cutoff nazi salute.
Old 2016-04-11, 21:32   Link #49
coded321
He Who Games

^i google searched fatalpluse...
fatalpulse is a hentai artist who's drawn a lot of hardcore stuff
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 23:10   Link #50
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Bad luck for PA works. First anime ever and it has to against Macross Delta in the same cour? Yeah, I myself can't get into Kuromukuro that much. I mean, it does look pretty, but my brain can't help but compare that this is NOT Delta.

My personal favourite? Gigantic Formula. If you could get past the weird character designs (especially compared to current modern ones), I loved how they focused on the dynamic of the pilot and the translator... of each of the countries. The basic plot and story progression may be rather predictable, but some of the most touching stories I've seen from anime has come from the stories of these duos.
True, I don't really that hype for MD but compared this anime, MD did kind of better in the first episode.

Besides, I started to dislike the heroine already or more like I can't bring myself to like a character that has nothing to do with the plot, suddenly have special treatment. So cliché I was expecting much more from PA works...
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 08:12   Link #51
Cerilla

That was interesting first episode. This being PA works, we got good production value lush background and nice character animation. Their inhouse CG also isn't that bad. Sure, it isn't Studio Orange material, but i've seen worse before. The mech design is really blocky, though. The story is, well, pretty okay. Will stick around for a few episode to see where they are going with this.

Also the subs given to green GAUS pilot is really colorful, to say the least

Last edited by Cerilla; 2016-04-13 at 09:41.
Cerilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 09:32   Link #52
Dysprosium
Banned

That was a pretty decent start.

Mecha isn't my cup of tea, but the premise does seem a bit promising.

Nothing less from P.A. Works, with regards to the production values (I'm glad the characters weren't given the "standard" faces).

And M·A·O seems to have plenty of roles this season, doesn't she (not that I'm complaining, though )?
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 14:32   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Oh yeah, the show. The episode was fine. Not much to have a good feel for the show, so three episode rule it is then. The two people pilot a mecha seems interesting though. Has that ever happened?
Gigantic Formula, like DragoonKain3 mentioned. And Gun Parade March. And, if manga counts, Beast 9.

And Pacific Rim.

And all those shows with combining mechs, where you even get teams of 5.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 17:07   Link #54
Arya

Watched the first episode and it was gorgeous. I found it pretty neat. Some character movements were a bit stiff here and there, but generally a very good job. Honestly I don't see much resemblance with Gargantia. Or, I didn't get any similar vibes.
So in general I liked almost everything. Almost, because I also don't like when the main character has nothing to do with the plot, but he/she gets into it anyway. So not sure if it's my cup of tea.

Side note, Yukina's father was not exactly your ideal father, wasn't he? that wasn't the kind of fable you should tell to your daughter.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 17:09   Link #55
BluePhirePB

Quote:
Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2016-04-14 at 07:40. Reason: added images tag
BluePhirePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 22:19   Link #56
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Side note, Yukina's father was not exactly your ideal father, wasn't he? that wasn't the kind of fable you should tell to your daughter.
I think that was her uncle wasn't it? She said that it was her uncle who raised her.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 22:42   Link #57
Dysprosium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think that was her uncle wasn't it? She said that it was her uncle who raised her.
No. Her dad was the one who told her about the demons coming to devour humans.
Dysprosium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 04:30   Link #58
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Yeah, the uncle raised her in place of her mother, but it's the father who told her about the Oni, it was said he was a folklore researcher, fixated of course on demons and their comeback. IIRC First thing the old scientist told Yukina's mother when they got attacked was how he was right all along

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 10:21   Link #59
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

still speculating on whether there are more ancients other than Ouma himself who were put into cryogenic slumber along with their mechas or that he's the only sole survivor & had no other choice but to make a new team out the modern day folks like the GAUS pilots,

& still not sure Yukina's mom messing with the artifacts to study & reverse engineer them somehow triggered the 'Oni' aliens back in their return to invade the earth after their defeat during Ouma's time, that being foreshadowed by her father with his Oni stories,

maybe he was trying to warn his wife not to disturb them or a disaster might unfold caused by the tech of the artifacts, but failed to do so.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-14, 17:02   Link #60
bakato

Seriously, how many times can a woman leave her phone behind? Is she a ditz?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem