AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-09, 05:21   Link #441
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What can I say? I'm still a tier 2 light novel reader that needs people to tell me what's good and what's popular
A pity, since the 4 volumes that had been out had already been completely translated for a very long, long time on BT. That's why we are all so excited with this volume 5, since it has been a while since the last release .
Old 2012-07-09, 05:37   Link #442
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I wonder why it's not more popular though...7 threads on 2ch is decent but not super high either...
Old 2012-07-09, 05:38   Link #443
tsunade666

Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria is already fully translated 4 volumes in BT and the 5th volume release is been waiting for, for soooo long. Like Haruhi's author. Pretty good story.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:11   Link #444
desrtsku
Nympholept

My my, how many light novel series per year do we have to read? ^^"
Old 2012-07-09, 14:02   Link #445
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
As many as you can. Build a library for them if possible.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-07-09, 14:07   Link #446
tsunade666

^but you can't read them (in book form)
Old 2012-07-09, 14:19   Link #447
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
As many as you can. Build a library for them if possible.
My library has started just a month ago, the moment I could barely make out 40% of the words I bought a dozen or so LNs, now it is slowly growing.......it's going to be harder to hide from my family. I'm probably going to leave from my study abroad with at least around three dozen LNs or so. If I stay in Asia too much longer I might have to get a suitcase just for LNs.

Quote:
What can I say? I'm still a tier 2 light novel reader that needs people to tell me what's good and what's popular
Same, I'm so bad at keeping up to date with LNs so I thank you guys for the announcements.
Old 2012-07-09, 17:33   Link #448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Oh believe me; there's so much more I want to read- but like TJP I can barely make out 40% of the words... Not to mention those stories that I REALLY want to read aren't exactly simplistic in its nature... >.>
Old 2012-07-09, 22:50   Link #449
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I wonder why it's not more popular though...7 threads on 2ch is decent but not super high either...
The reson why HakoMari not popular is suprisingly similar to Kyoukai senjou no Horizon(the reason, not the novel) as the story itself is really deep and quite complicated , not to mention the time when they release (7,8-12months) so the fanbase its that numberous but quite solid
@derstku: as soul assassin said, as many as you can, but for me personally only buy a few title that i consider excellent, the others i just read it from the raw.
Old 2012-07-10, 02:46   Link #450
desrtsku
Nympholept

oh, it must be quite painful not to be able to satisfy your needs of reading these books. In my case all I can do is building a virtual one ... well ... somewhat, that's already what I'm doing, and it's full of raws I can't even read. (T_T)
Old 2012-07-10, 03:02   Link #451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Waiting patiently for spoilers...

In the mean time though...

Spoiler for Seriously, who the fudge is this guy?!:
Old 2012-07-10, 03:05   Link #452
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^but you can't read them (in book form)
My reading abilities are quite limited, I should admit, but most of the time it's my vocabulary. Once I get that down, on the other hand...

Oh, not to mention I am a very, very lazy reader; I like looking at pictures more than text. Which is why I can summarize, but never translate.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-07-10, 03:48   Link #453
G0rd0

@Chaos2Frozen from the manga Takamagahara first chapter came out yesterday
Old 2012-07-10, 03:54   Link #454
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Waiting patiently for spoilers...

In the mean time though...

Spoiler for Seriously, who the fudge is this guy?!:
Let's act like it's the first time we've ever seen a guy who look like this ... it's better this way
Old 2012-07-10, 04:06   Link #455
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.E.E.T.14 View Post
@Chaos2Frozen from the manga Takamagahara first chapter came out yesterday
What is it about?

Quote:
Let's act like it's the first time we've ever seen a guy who look like this ... it's better this way
I can look pass the facial similarities, but it's abit harder to ignore things like this-

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
He's evil looking and from the text it seems he has a power in his hand called "Divine Miracle" or "Act of God" or however you feel like translating it.
Old 2012-07-10, 05:18   Link #456
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
The reson why HakoMari not popular is suprisingly similar to Kyoukai senjou no Horizon(the reason, not the novel) as the story itself is really deep and quite complicated , not to mention the time when they release (7,8-12months) so the fanbase its that numberous but quite solid
But Horizon or rather Kawakami's work in general is retardedly popular in Japan....

And you can't really compare Horizon and Hako Mari....Hako Mari is more similar to Biblia Koshoten....Horizon is far, far more complex.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:07   Link #457
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
What is it about?
Finished reading the first chap ... apparently it's set in a world where people have some hidden abilities sleeping inside them, and where a certain organisation is looking for people who awoke to their ability. Well, the protag is a guy who decided to run away from the "path-of-the-strongest" routine his peculiar family (brothers) imposed him and aspired become a mangaka instead. But soon, he found himself wrapped up in hilarious turns of events where his right hand, which he dedicated to draw manga, became the host of one of those divine powers.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:38   Link #458
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
But Horizon or rather Kawakami's work in general is retardedly popular in Japan....

And you can't really compare Horizon and Hako Mari....Hako Mari is more similar to Biblia Koshoten....Horizon is far, far more complex.
Wait, what? In what way is Hakomari similar to Koshoten?

If anything, I'd compare it to other supernatural brick-shitage-inducing novels, though I can't name any right now. But if memory serves me right, Biblio Koshoten had no supernatural elements or particularly confusing elements, in the first volume at least, nor does it sell as bad as Hakomari. Or Mikage in general. I was shocked when I ordered his 2006 release of Kamisu Rena and it was still the first press release... despite its awesomeness.

That being said, I'm hyped for volume 5.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:50   Link #459
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
Wait, what? In what way is Hakomari similar to Koshoten?

If anything, I'd compare it to other supernatural brick-shitage-inducing novels, though I can't name any right now. But if memory serves me right, Biblio Koshoten had no supernatural elements or particularly confusing elements, in the first volume at least, nor does it sell as bad as Hakomari. Or Mikage in general. I was shocked when I ordered his 2006 release of Kamisu Rena and it was still the first press release... despite its awesomeness.

That being said, I'm hyped for volume 5.
Koshoten has the mystery aspect.

Hako Mari always seemed more of psychological analysis of characters and mystery than supernatural.

For now anyway

Something of a supernatural thriller would be.... I dunno....most of the ones I can think of are eroge. And standard publisher novels have more examples of those than LN

Which is why I am surprised in its uniqueness among the LN selections on offer (that isn't game related obviously), it isn't more popular...

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-07-10 at 09:05.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:37   Link #460
tsunade666

Quote:
Finished reading the first chap ... apparently it's set in a world where people have some hidden abilities sleeping inside them, and where a certain organisation is looking for people who awoke to their ability. Well, the protag is a guy who decided to run away from the "path-of-the-strongest" routine his peculiar family (brothers) imposed him and aspired become a mangaka instead. But soon, he found himself wrapped up in hilarious turns of events where his right hand, which he dedicated to draw manga, became the host of one of those divine powers.
You read it? what's the title of it and is it translated?

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases