AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-09-03, 23:03   Link #1421
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
So just to make sure I'm understanding all this right:

Nintendo's new handheld shares a name with its previous one, which already has at least two other versions (XL, 2Ds)
Some newly released games will only work on the new handheld. Some will run on older versions, but not as well. Some will work on both versions.
The handheld doesn't come with a charger, so if you buy it at the store and don't remember to get a charger, your 200$ handheld will turn into a useless brick within a few hours of playing it.

THIS is their plan to combat their declining market share? Have they lost their damn minds?
You're forgetting the part where its CPU is 2* as fast as the current 3ds. It has longer battery. Faster Internet Connection. The price is less than the current 3ds. It has a control pad. And it has other good features.

Also, their 3ds is already the dominant software on the market... and they're making a better version of it... I really don't see how they're doing any bad decision. They already won the hand-held race a while ago for this generation.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 12:29   Link #1422
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
kinda heavy for a handheld

I want Nintendo to create a new handheld that can be comfortable to hold for long play sessions. Such a thing is so important for handheld systems. Such a thing is so much easier to accomplish when you have one screen rather than two.
I sometimes play my 3DS all day. And obviously I still have the hands I need to type this message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
your 200$ handheld will turn into a useless brick within a few hours of playing it.

lost their damn minds?
Assuming all game stores in your city gets destroyed while you lose connection to your internet, sure.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 12:46   Link #1423
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Didn't the 3DS or the XL version get shipped without a charger as well or was it just the PAL countries that had received the short end of the stick again ?

Anyway, seeing that I still don't own any of the current-gen handhelds, I'm looking a bit forward to the new 3DS version. Not that I'd keep track of news or anything like that *lol*.
Old 2014-09-04, 12:52   Link #1424
Cyprene

My 3DS had one, I'm almost certain.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 13:01   Link #1425
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Only Regular 3DS were shipped with the AC adapter and the cradle in Europe, similarly to US and JP.

In fact, US release of the 3DS XL is the exception: both europe and JP 3DS XL have no adapter included.
Old 2014-09-04, 15:43   Link #1426
Chosen_Hero

[snip]

So I seriously want to buy the new 3ds because I really want to play Xenoblade (I'm an rpg fan and missing this game feels wrong, but I'm not buying a Wii for it and I hear finding copies is a nightmare since they are very expensive), so I might trade mine in and get the new one at some point, the sad part is I bought mine last december so I am pissed off Nintendo did this but they already did it with dsi to 3ds so it was expected.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-09-05 at 00:22. Reason: Removed off-topic
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 16:02   Link #1427
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Only Regular 3DS were shipped with the AC adapter and the cradle in Europe, similarly to US and JP.

In fact, US release of the 3DS XL is the exception: both europe and JP 3DS XL have no adapter included.
The DSi also didn't have a charger included I think. Or maybe that was just the DSi XL, can't really recall.
Old 2014-09-04, 21:17   Link #1428
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I sometimes play my 3DS all day. And obviously I still have the hands I need to type this message.
But of course, people are different with their experiences with controllers and handhelds. I found playing on 3DS XL to not be enjoyable in that sense. Just like how some people hate certain controllers, while others are just fine with, or even love, the same controllers some hate.
Old 2014-09-04, 21:37   Link #1429
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
But of course, people are different with their experiences with controllers and handhelds. I found playing on 3DS XL to not be enjoyable in that sense. Just like how some people hate certain controllers, while others are just fine with, or even love, the same controllers some hate.
True. Maybe there should be another sort of customizable add-on or form that is the same price to make it feel less taxing?
Old 2014-09-04, 21:40   Link #1430
GDB

You can get the Circle Pad Pro for the non-New models. I imported one for my XL to play Monster Hunter and it's super comfortable. I definitely recommend it if your hand/fingers cramps on it normally.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 21:45   Link #1431
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think Nintendo needs to do better than they have with handhelds recently, in terms of ergonomics and comfort.
Old 2014-09-05, 02:14   Link #1432
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I recently bought one of those SD Card readers so I can back-up my SD card. I plan to get that Monster Hunter 4G New 3DS Bundle, but since the data will be deleted from my old 3DS, I want to keep my data (mainly MH4) safe in case something happens. Since I obviously want to bring in my MH4 data to MH4G.

.......Hm?! Super Smash Bros is already coming out next week for the 3DS?! I haven't reserved it yet Uwaah~~...
Oh wait, there was a DL version. Hahaha, the world sure is convenient these days.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2014-09-05 at 02:32.
Old 2014-09-10, 13:34   Link #1433
iceyfw

Super Smash Bros., Persona Q, and NES Edition 3DS XL styles coming to North America

the marketing department for nintendo needs to do their job. there is no point in getting these with the New 3DS on the way unless people are fanboys of the covers.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 14:29   Link #1434
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
there is no point in getting these with the New 3DS on the way unless people are fanboys of the covers.
Umm... duh?

Old 2014-09-10, 16:29   Link #1435
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Umm... duh?
For people who haven't bought one yet, I would say that it may be a compelling decision if they don't want to have possibly more than an entire year to get the new 3ds (and if they can't read Japanese or play Japanese games or don't want to). I still don't see the point, but people who could afford might buy it...
Old 2014-09-10, 17:18   Link #1436
iceyfw

Quote:
Umm... duh?
sarcastic tone or an offensive tone or both?
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 18:47   Link #1437
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, after losing my regular 3ds, i bought a new XL. I don't think I can afford the Persona 3ds even though I want it bad, since I'm expecting to spend a pretty penny on the rumored 1tb PS4 AND I would be saving up still for the new 3ds + building a new rig once Windows 9 comes out. :'(

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-05, 20:30   Link #1438
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE

Well... atleast the rumors that it'd be New 3DS exclusive can be squashed now~
Old 2014-11-05, 21:08   Link #1439
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post

Well... atleast the rumors that it'd be New 3DS exclusive can be squashed now~
Yeah, that was some great news today.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2014-11-28, 19:53   Link #1440
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

DS2: BR is apparently on 2015.

So is the N3DS like a 3DS with 2nd analog attachment?

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds