Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-27, 17:09   Link #181
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Yeah this series is using a typical yet well made story or so it was shown from
the few episodes aired. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Old 2007-08-01, 00:51   Link #182
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Found this while I was poking around looking at general mecha musume pictures...

I'm still holding out hope that something...anything...blows up by episode 6.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-08-02, 02:02   Link #183
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

What I've seen so far I've liked!

Froth-Bite has started subbing Sky Girls... Their translation of the open is a lot different than Ayako's...

Old 2007-08-02, 04:54   Link #184
Atreides6874

Well, I cannot comment on the Japanese part, but it seems like Ayako did not interpret the English part that well of the song. The translation looked a little odd, but I normally don't pay much attention to the open or ending that much anyway.
Old 2007-08-02, 14:31   Link #185
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

New Megami Scan

4035x5984, 2 MB

And a little fan art:
Old 2007-08-02, 15:45   Link #186
Ishikawa Minoru

Just finished watching episode 5.

Although I like the series (Karen is so cute), I can't but constantly remind myself of the striking similarities between Sky Girls and Evangelion: set in a post-apocalyptic world a group of children (among whom a German transfer pilot) must pilot mechs which seem to have a life of their own (Evas and Zero) in order to fight menacing giant creatures bent on the destruction of Mankind.

It's nice and everything, but it'd be nice if the staff were to be slightly more inventive.
Old 2007-08-02, 15:49   Link #187
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, it does have a little Eva to it, but hopefully the ending is much happier. O.o

I don't think you're allowed to kill that many lolis (or just-past-loli stage).

Ichijo > everyone else

Anyway...

Does the German girl finally appear in episode 5? This is getting frustrating! LOL

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-08-02, 15:55   Link #188
Mef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Does the German girl finally appear in episode 5? This is getting frustrating! LOL

elise,zeig dich endlich!!

let's hope that this helps
Old 2007-08-03, 05:21   Link #189
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-03, 15:09   Link #190
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

woot ~ my summary is up for anyone who wants :3

Please to meet you! Zero! ~ Sky Girls Episode 5

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-08-03, 23:07   Link #191
Seiryuu

Honestly no problem if SG is on the so-called Eva path. Archetypes are always being reused, and much of what is being called this is just typical mecha. It seems like the greater portion of sci-fi, particularly mecha, anime create some plot trick to require the fighters all be kids. And the idea of your weapon being alive and having its own personality is, if anything, more common, again especially when dealing with mecha. Generally, the author's going to come up with some excuse to have young, good-looking protagonists to attract members of the opposite sex, and at least one weapon is going to have a lot of bizarre traits like individual will or a tendency to corrupt. Similarly, for suspense sake, you're generally going to have either a desperate fight to stop apocalypse from coming or a desperate fight to keep it from coming again.
Also, now that I think about it, it seems like many female characters are intentionally set at the developmental point seen here, just teasing the edges of loli. After all, they want to appeal as much as possible to every group, so it's easier to have girls that are loli enough for some and old enough for others. Besides, "loli" doesn't seem to be a singular type anymore. It's not just the classic loli, designed to mix childish and subtly adult features just right so that you're telling yourself "Don't think that, she's jailbait!" before the first inevitable dirty thought even comes to mind. You have the "goth" loli that's more about style than age, the still-a-loli like Zero Louise who would possibly be willing to kill over the term "grade-schooler", demonic akulolis who make the kid in The Ring seem nice, and super-lolis who never grow up but embrace and ruthlessly exploit their looks instead of resenting them. I know most of these are just random terms, I just made them up to fit the characters. Ultimately it's not about specific measures so much as the impression they give.
Old 2007-08-09, 11:19   Link #192
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Ep04 is finally out by Ayako.
Old 2007-08-09, 14:37   Link #193
Jerseykid

Sky girls are hot
Old 2007-08-09, 14:59   Link #194
JagdPanther

Does anyone think that Ayako is better subs than [Your-mom] for Sky Girls? I've actually heard they're the same people, or they're related..

Thing is, I like to have quality subs with good translations, but I also don't like to wait too long to see something... So I've been getting the YM subs as they come out, but for future storage I'd like to have the Ayako ones if they're better quality.

Old 2007-08-09, 15:04   Link #195
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ive been using ayako so far and they have been fine good quality and nice translation they are doing a great job so far ^.^

ep 6 raw is out...

Old 2007-08-09, 15:10   Link #196
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ive been using ayako so far and they have been fine good quality and nice translation they are doing a great job so far ^.^

ep 6 raw is out...
Yeah, I like Ayako. That's why I'm asking, kinda. If I can avoid downloading the same eps over again, I will, but if it's really that much more better than the YM subs, I'll do it.

Yeah, talking like it's hard. LOL I can easily pull down the 3 other Ayako episodes. Prolly just do it tomorrow. ^^;

Old 2007-08-09, 20:28   Link #197
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

What Your-Mom subs? Only Ayako are doing Sky Girls, Your-Mom aren't involved! Or is my browser is broken >.<;
Old 2007-08-09, 20:46   Link #198
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
What Your-Mom subs? Only Ayako are doing Sky Girls, Your-Mom aren't involved! Or is my browser is broken >.<;
WTF?

*thinks*

What the hell am I talking about?

>_>

<_<

I'm sorry. I was thinking of another series that's being subbed that the original subbers as being slow and YM is taking up the slack.

Gotta put School Rumble 2 on hold right now and get Sky Girls 4 off of my laptop so I can watch it.

EDIT: Well hell. I didn't actually download it yet. Quick down to the Mail Room to hijack some wireless and grab SG 4 and TM~OL~ 22.

Old 2007-08-09, 20:54   Link #199
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I'm sorry. I was thinking of another series that's being subbed that the original subbers as being slow and YM is taking up the slack.
lol, you probably confused this with Seto no Hanayome.
Spoiler for ep5:

Spoiler for Ep6 preview:
Old 2007-08-09, 21:16   Link #200
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
lol, you probably confused this with Seto no Hanayome.
No, actually it's a series about which we are not allowed to speak in regards to subs here. ^^;

But doesn't matter anymore. One more minute until the SG 4 torrent is done and I can go back upstairs, transfer it to my external and then copy it onto my desktop for viewing.

Kinda ticked about putting School Rumble 2nd Term on hold for a short bit, but it's worth it if it's Sky Girls.

EDIT: Okay, just finished episode 4.

Man, this was a great episode for me as an Ichijo fan. She really became human in this episode. She smiled a lot, she was friendly (most of the time), she had human desires (ooooo, to see her shift so quickly from scolding Otoha to almost drooling over that chocolate...), and was just so cute. ^_^ She really is my favorite character out of them all. Definitely someone the other pilots will always be able to lean on. Ichijo will always protect them.

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2007-08-09 at 21:59.
Closed Thread

Tags
loli, mecha