AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-12, 15:13   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end it'll be all about the games that companies come out with. There is some interesting potential depending on how it gets used. If you slip it into an action-adventure game it could do well. Maybe less for menus intensive games like JRPG, but something similar to Zelda where you are mostly running and fighting enemies as they turn up it be pretty fun.

Anyways I'm not planning on picking this up unless an interesting game comes out that this would work with.
Old 2010-03-12, 15:25   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

This probably should have been posted in the PS3 thread, as it's the topic of the moment.

but anyway, if it was selling for around $100 thats about £65(but no doubt would be more than that) theres no way in hell I would fork out for that, I don't buy new games as they are bloody expensive as they are.
There would probably be only 1 very slim chance I would ever buy one and thats if they come out with a Star Wars game where I get to swing a lightsaber around as much as I want

Saying that I don't see any problems for Sony for trying this out, why not.

what I want is X-Com UFO Enemy Unknown on the Store!!!
Old 2010-03-12, 15:49   Link #23
Westlo
Lets be reality

Not interested, it's a stupid gimmick on the Wii and it's going to be the same for the ps3, and I doubt Natal is going to be much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I don't see the casual market going for the PS3 at all. The wii has a homey appearance and reputation, a true family console, whereas the PS3 is more of a 'gamer' console. Just throwing in a copy of the wii-mote is not going to change that reputation, nor encourage anyone to buy a more expensive console with a smaller library of family games.
The main reason it's a gamers console is the price tag, lets not act like cheap ps2 slims with Buzz, singstar, eyetoy and the like (included massive amounts of shovelware) weren't bought by casuals. The difference is the Ps2 was also a hardcore gamers paradise, it got the mix right, unlike the Wii.

Here's the latest NPD results for Feb in America.

Xbox 360 422.0K
Wii 397.9K
PlayStation 3 360.1K
PlayStation 2 101.9K

Who do you think is buying those Ps2s right now?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 19:11   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

PS2's? easy people who are replacing their PS2's that break down, Sony is famous for their planned obsolescence policy. Which reminds me I need to replace my PS2 again...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-12, 19:35   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
PS2's? easy people who are replacing their PS2's that break down, Sony is famous for their planned obsolescence policy. Which reminds me I need to replace my PS2 again...
Ah, I guess the 360 only beat the Wii this month due to half of that 400,000 rebuying their consoles due to red light of death ^________^

Wiii & Nintendo forever ^___^

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-03-12 at 20:12.
Old 2010-03-12, 19:55   Link #26
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Ah, I guess the 360 only beat the Wii this month due to half of that 400,000 thousand rebuying their consoles due to red light of death ^________^

Wiii & Nintendo forever ^___^
Except sony is the only company that got a class action lawsuit over it. And nintendo replaces their consoles for free :P
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 03:40   Link #27
AnimeFangirl

They do, actually. Our Wii was brutally murdered by Smash Brothers and Nintendo replaced it for free because it was still under warranty, no questions asked. The only thing is that we lost all our saves
Old 2010-03-13, 18:36   Link #28
Xion Valkyrie

I think outside of a few games that Sony paid for to include Move support, we're not going to see much of it outside of ported mini game collections and what not. Unless of course Sony really plans to pay out of their own pockets for more flagship titles that utilize the Move.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 03:23   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Keven Butler with that ether.

Old 2010-03-19, 04:19   Link #30
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
.... wow that was some .. lame advertising XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote