AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2011-03-21, 22:01   Link #681
Shadow5YA

Mikoto's going to be happy about that... and so will Kuroko.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:00   Link #682
GundamZZ
残念美人

If I'm Marie Parfacy...I mean...Aleister, I would choose clone Mikoto, too. She is the most stable of most espers. She proves her potential by reaching level 5. She also becomes a model student. Unlike most other espers, she doesn't have messed up childhood. Since she's most stable esper, her clones are less likely anti-social. With advancement of science, her future clones show the promise to surpass the original.
There's no way for one way's clone. First, his personality is that. No matter how strong he is, he's not as street smart. His chose to fight in close combat instead range attack. is not wise. If Mikoto is serious, she can move trucks to smash her opponents.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:49   Link #683
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

To be fair, Accelerator's messed up childhood was purely what Academy City's dark side put him through. But more importantly, your argument that Mikoto's personality makes for better clones is flawed because clearly personality isn't a inherit trait in this case. There's nothing to suggest that an Accelerator clone wouldn't have a radical different personality.

Speculations and opinions aside, the reason why Mikoto was chosen for the project had nothing to do with personality.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 00:19   Link #684
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Spoiler for Lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANT BIRBIRI DFC. Nah just kidding but I read in some of the posts in the forum that the reason for Mikoto's undeveloped breasts is because of her power?
Old 2011-03-23, 13:12   Link #685
Zakoo

Or because she is fourteen. 2 years difference really means a lot at this age.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 14:06   Link #686
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
If I'm Marie Parfacy...I mean...Aleister, I would choose clone Mikoto, too. She is the most stable of most espers. She proves her potential by reaching level 5. She also becomes a model student. Unlike most other espers, she doesn't have messed up childhood. Since she's most stable esper, her clones are less likely anti-social. With advancement of science, her future clones show the promise to surpass the original.
There's no way for one way's clone. First, his personality is that. No matter how strong he is, he's not as street smart. His chose to fight in close combat instead range attack. is not wise. If Mikoto is serious, she can move trucks to smash her opponents.
This is all so flawed. Clones don't have same personality as misaka or we would have or of tsunderes. Accelerator fights in the streets mOre in the darkside. Close combat is not really good or bad since he has the ultimate attack and defense. If accelerator was serious he'd destroy the earth or make plasma. If not him power wise then kakine would still be before her.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 16:31   Link #687
Sandinwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
That would most likely be it lol, But I mean she is still really cute as of right now.
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:37   Link #688
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Dude/Gal....what makes you think MOST espers have messed up childhood? Espers with messed up childhood are mostly orphans who get involved with shitty experiments but i dun think AC has more orphans than commoners...

Less likely anti-social? Look at the 10032 clones and tell me that again

The clones were made to create more Level 5s like her but they are failures and they were only Lv 2, the difference between a Lv 2 and a Lv 5 is beyond large so I dun think you should call that showing the promise to surpass the original.

First thing first, Accelerator is so hax it's impossible to recreate his ability. The best results of recreating his ability are most likely Kinuhata Saiai and Kuroyoru Umidoru, who both are only Level 4s.

Errr...Did you see how many those metal things(i forgot what they were called) were shot at Touma? It is already very safe to theorise that ranged attacks does not work on Touma. Also, Accel's ability requires touch, so doing close range is actually the best way for him to fight.

If Accel is serious, you will see a certain electromagnetic shooting star in the sky

Tell me if I made any mistakes cos i'm not that experienced in TAMnI
Old 2011-03-25, 09:38   Link #689
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
I bet she still did not reach her growth spurt
Old 2011-03-25, 14:34   Link #690
Zakoo

It will come, it will come. I will enjoy it at this moment hehehehe *evil laugh*

The clones weren't made to surpass her but to make an 'army of level 5'. But that's only for the scientists ... I can't spoil since it's not the LN thread but weeeeellll ...
Spoiler for a bit ?:

Still there's better than me to confirm/deny what I said.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:53   Link #691
tsunade666

Quote:
The clones weren't made to surpass her but to make an 'army of level 5'. But that's only for the scientists ... I can't spoil since it's not the LN thread but weeeeellll ...
Spoiler for a bit ?:
The army of level 5 is already a scam to lure in the scientist even if Aleister can
Spoiler:

he doesn't need spoiled and troublesome kids to do his fights.

Misaka's been cloned because of her ability. It's been explained a lot of times in the LN thread but to clarify it more and being that your reading Mikoto's thread then most likely you know the railgun manga.

In the railgun manga. When the chapter about Mikoto having a clone and the radio frequency was being explain. It shows that her type or electric type can communicate with each other. Forming a strong network.

And in the railgun manga too. The network created by kiyama? (kiyama is her name right?) where unstable and went berserk. And in that network with different sets of abilities and mind are mix in. The end result was an unstable AIM burst. Even though it shows results. Like a
Spoiler:
it still unstable and shows error.

But with Mikoto's case. The network created through the sisters are only one in power and better in compatibility. Resulting in a more stable network. And that's the aim of Aleister.

Being a power electromaster and Mikoto was specially chosen because the academy city already know that
Spoiler:

Piling up all the reasons.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-03-27, 05:01   Link #692
judasmartel
*Author

I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but can someone tell me why Misaka can't refer to Touma by name. She just tells Touma "you" when speaking to him.

This reminds of me of Hikari/Kei in Special A, where Hikari can't speak Kei's given name and instead calls him by surname, because she finds out that she loves him. Is it like that with Misaka/Touma? "She can't say his name because feelings of love will overflow"?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:48   Link #693
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but can someone tell me why Misaka can't refer to Touma by name. She just tells Touma "you" when speaking to him.

This reminds of me of Hikari/Kei in Special A, where Hikari can't speak Kei's given name and instead calls him by surname, because she finds out that she loves him. Is it like that with Misaka/Touma? "She can't say his name because feelings of love will overflow"?
There probably isn't any reason beyond [Tsundere]. It's just her thing.
Old 2011-03-27, 05:51   Link #694
judasmartel
*Author

I think we will know about this in the future, no?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 06:54   Link #695
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I think we will know about this in the future, no?
well there is no real reason to it so don't dig much into it. It's just a typical tsundere behavior and that's all.
Old 2011-03-27, 10:42   Link #696
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Because 'Anta!' is just a step away from 'Anata'.
Old 2011-03-27, 14:36   Link #697
Sandinwater

Is it just me or does it seem like Mikoto is becoming more of the main Heroine?
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 14:59   Link #698
tsunade666

she is indeed the main heroine for the science side while index for the magic side.
Old 2011-03-27, 17:28   Link #699
giorno

meh, i wouldn't call her science side heroine when she hasn't even been involved in the science side parts of the story since volume 13...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 19:16   Link #700
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
meh, i wouldn't call her science side heroine when she hasn't even been involved in the science side parts of the story since volume 13...
How bout toumas woman in the science side?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote