AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 06:16   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 477 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Spoiler for chapter 477:
Old 2011-12-14, 06:21   Link #2
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Another sap story thrown in the end at the last minute to try and make us sympathize with the villains. Oh joy.

Also, I hope Riruka didn't just trivialize mind rape. Perhaps it's not as bad as death but it's certainly not something easily forgivable either.
Old 2011-12-14, 06:23   Link #3
Alchemist007
*Author

Holy shit. That's a goddamn nice chapter right there.

I'm not even going to make a parody this week because of how much I liked it.

Probably.
Old 2011-12-14, 06:33   Link #4
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Besides that this chapter is setting up some background story on Ginjo for next week (and maybe explain his hatred), the final confrontation between Ichigo and Ginjo was in my opinion very weak.
Old 2011-12-14, 06:35   Link #5
kiak666

Hmm, seems like Tsukishima (how he can still move I don't know) did care about some of his comrades even though the guy is shown to be sadistic at times. And looks like Ginjo is alot older than he appears based on the flashbacks.
Old 2011-12-14, 09:29   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-So...Riruka was a chest-burster? Well since she's not Sayzel (or however you spell his damn name), I suppose this isn't so bad. But yeah, Kubo may have been fishing for sympathy for Ginjou but he failed to earn it.
Old 2011-12-14, 09:41   Link #7
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Rukia appears, her chest opens up and Riruka comes out
Quote:
I'm not even going to make a parody this week because of how much I liked it.
Aww shoot, I was looking forward to this Anyways, this chapter was better than the current average! No overly long explanations of god knows what Kubo could have come up with, the end of a fight and the death(?) of another fullbringer, leaving Ichigo, Ginjou and Tsukishima on stage.
Quote:
Sayzel (or however you spell his damn name)
Szayel, methinks...yeah, unpronounceable.
Quote:
the final confrontation between Ichigo and Ginjo was in my opinion very weak.
I found it good. Power vs power, Ginjou lost. The end. No super-secret hax from his side to which Ichigo would have to respond with an asspull...or even worse, GT.
Old 2011-12-14, 11:01   Link #8
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Riruka turned rukia into a doll house, close enough to what I said a while back.
Old 2011-12-14, 11:15   Link #9
ronin myael
lost ronin

see? tsukishima is still alive and well! looks like byakuya couldn't finish off his "friend", after all.

the ginjo and ichigo fight was kinda short but i guess it'll look better animated. i just don't see the need for the melodrama though. typical kubo.
Old 2011-12-14, 11:17   Link #10
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
tsukishima is still alive and well!
With just a hole in his chest! Who cares about vital organs, Tsukishima cut death, and death dun reap his bros.
Old 2011-12-14, 11:25   Link #11
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

OH COME ON! You and your damn cliffhangers!

YOU'RE KILLIN' ME, SMALLS!

Old 2011-12-14, 11:47   Link #12
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
With just a hole in his chest! Who cares about vital organs, Tsukishima cut death, and death dun reap his bros.
that's kubo for you!
Old 2011-12-14, 12:54   Link #13
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Breast cut ouch!
Old 2011-12-14, 13:02   Link #14
Mateus

Interestintg chapter, just disappointed that Ginjou got one shotted like that. Now that the Substitute arc is about done, where will things go from here? Back to the soul society? The royal guard and the spirit king? a confrontation with Isshin? Grimmjow?
Old 2011-12-14, 13:06   Link #15
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i just don't see the need for the melodrama though. typical kubo.
It might solve a few mysteries, like how a substitute shinigami even came into existence (assuming Ginjo was the first and Ichigo is the second), what made Ginjo become so "evil", why Soul Society didn't deal with this problem before Ichigo appeared, why they didn't smack Ichigo down right away if they were worried about another Ginjo, etc.

It's impossible to take "drama" in Bleach seriously, but it isn't like Kubo is terrible at making flashbacks, he's just bad at placing them in the story. Turn Back the Pendulum is probably his best use of flashback yet, since it happens at a nice break in the story and reveals a lot of character development and back story. On the other hand inserting a flashback right as a villain is losing...pretty lame and feels like a grab for emotion since they're usually short anyway. I've felt some emotion during these, but it's short lived and usually not very impressionable.

As usual, it's the extremely large cast that works against Kubo here. He's got the chops to write a good story, but because he spreads everything out among so many characters it's impossible to focus on any one of them and feel any emotional investment. I end up liking characters more for their design and/or personality, or maybe how cool one of their fights were, than in what will happen to them in the next few chapters.

That's why I roll my eyes at characters getting sliced in half or getting holes in their chest (the non-hollow type)....not because it happens so often without any seeming consequence, but because I could care less if the character dies or not.

Style over substance....that's pretty much what Bleach has become over the years.
Old 2011-12-14, 13:44   Link #16
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
why Soul Society didn't deal with this problem before Ichigo appeared
Based on what Hitsugaya said last chapter, they couldn't find him. He only appeared because he wanted to confront Ichigo. And for some reason he waited for two years after Ichigo became a Shinigami to do so.
Old 2011-12-14, 13:47   Link #17
AvalonCode

This weeks chapter was meh. Why does it seem a majority of Ichi's fights end like this. I was hoping for an epic battle but, in the end it seems like he really did 1-hit ko Gin. Here we are again with the backstories T.T While I do wanna know why Gin has so much bloodlust for SS why didnt Kubo just take the time and explain this while Gin had Ichi's attention? So I guess we are in for 5 or more chapters of backstory T.T

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-12-14, 14:02   Link #18
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonCode View Post
This weeks chapter was meh. Why does it seem a majority of Ichi's fights end like this. I was hoping for an epic battle but, in the end it seems like he really did 1-hit ko Gin. Here we are again with the backstories T.T While I do wanna know why Gin has so much bloodlust for SS why didnt Kubo just take the time and explain this while Gin had Ichi's attention? So I guess we are in for 5 or more chapters of backstory T.T
I agree. For being the final boss of this arc the fight was quite lame... Well, probably tsukushima will take Ginjou's power and then attack Ichigo or something (after we are over his backstory...)
Old 2011-12-14, 15:28   Link #19
sayde

I'm still trying to understand why Bankai Ichigo was able to quickly & easily defeat Bankai hollow powered Ginjou when shikai Ichigo stalemated pre-bankai Ginjou. The whole thing would've made a lot more sense to me if Shikai Ichigo curbstomped Ginjou so badly that he was forced to go Bankai first. I'm also finding it difficult to care about the flashbacks which are to soon occur regarding characters I never really cared for up till now. So I'm curious to see if Kubo has what it takes to make me suddenly give a damn. We'll see...
Old 2011-12-14, 15:58   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm still trying to understand why Bankai Ichigo was able to quickly & easily defeat Bankai hollow powered Ginjou when shikai Ichigo stalemated pre-bankai Ginjou. The whole thing would've made a lot more sense to me if Shikai Ichigo curbstomped Ginjou so badly that he was forced to go Bankai first. I'm also finding it difficult to care about the flashbacks which are to soon occur regarding characters I never really cared for up till now. So I'm curious to see if Kubo has what it takes to make me suddenly give a damn. We'll see...
Way I see it is shikai is slightly more evenly matched but once they go bankai is a different story.
I don't think you should look at it as if "there shikai is the evenly matched then so should there bankai be".

The thing I found odd was Tsuki getting the jump on Ichigo, sorry but that part was like "wtf, no way?!"(and I couldn't care less about any counter arguement anyone has for it, it's lame)

Other than that, I quite enjoyed Riruka jumping out of Rukia, not sure what to make of it but made me chuckle.