AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-15, 21:06   Link #3361
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wizard Changes. (NOOOOO! they're lowering the procs of energy twister! Oh well, need to tweak my Critical Mass build for that time)

Barbarian changes.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-08-16 at 00:46.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 21:15   Link #3362
Wigwams

hmmmm. maybe now meteor, living lightning or some other spell can be better than wicked wind?
Old 2012-08-15, 22:49   Link #3363
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

It's time to go back to my meteor build. Hopefully Mammoth Hydra is worth it. I have to use the original Hydra (without rune) for my fire build shows how worthless Mammoth is .

Gotta bring out my Throwing Barb once again.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:31   Link #3364
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Monk preview is out.

Kind of a mixture of "Not enough" to "DONT BREAK WHAT WORKS". The fact that they're thinking of mucking with One With Everything was disturbing, but at least for now they're leaving it alone, as it would make a LOT of monk players unhappy, given how tied it is to the gear we have right now.
Old 2012-08-16, 13:58   Link #3365
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm still waiting on the changes for Demon Hunter. hopefully, they dont screw this one up!
Old 2012-08-16, 15:15   Link #3366
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Wizard Changes. (NOOOOO! they're lowering the procs of energy twister! Oh well, need to tweak my Critical Mass build for that time)

Barbarian changes.
They did say that with high enough crit chance you shouldn't see much difference, but question is how much is high enough. Barb changes seem the best so far but I wonder if fury spenders will be made strong enough that fury is no longer a useless resource (and max fury affix items actually become useful).

And Xefi, who's that in your current sig?
Old 2012-08-16, 15:36   Link #3367
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
O_O This marks the Second Brimstone third legendary in less than 2 weeks. This belt looks like crap and seems to have all bad rolls but I don't know about barbs. Sell on AH or Salvage?

Spoiler:

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 15:52   Link #3368
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ you can try selling it on AH first. check what they're selling it for. if no one buy, just salvage it.
i usually look for life %, strength, all resist for belt...that belt isn't so bad you have there, but
i'll probably not gonna need it.

if you're lucky, you might find a buyer that buy it @ good price.

@Shinova: Chris from Symphogear.

EDIT: hmm, nvm...maybe you should just keep it if no ones buys it. ^^;

EDIT2: taken from the Demon Hunter preview:
Quote:
Sentry is also a very distinctive spell that doesn't get used very often. It's interesting mechanically, and it has some nice potential for team play, so we'd like to make it more attractive. The solution was pretty simple for this one: we took its damage, and then we doubled it
OHHHH, i like this one!

Last edited by Xefi; 2012-08-16 at 16:56.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:10   Link #3369
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Witchdoctor preview is up.

While it fixes the pet issue somewhat, it still doesn't address some of the other problems with the WD class (like the long cooldowns). Hopefully we'll get a more complete picture when the real patch notes come out.
Old 2012-08-17, 01:40   Link #3370
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
They did say that with high enough crit chance you shouldn't see much difference, but question is how much is high enough.
Unless my understanding is wrong, the change cuts the crit chance from Wicked Wind by half. So say you have 30% crit now, the number of crits you get after 1.0.4 is equivalent to 15% crit now. And to get back the same effectiveness, you need to pump your crit chance to 60%, which is unrealistic.

I think CM/WW build needs a nerf, but Blizzard's excuse (improved legendaries) is rather lame. Why don't they just say the ability to freeze lock any melee monster is rather overpowered?
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 07:16   Link #3371
Wigwams

i believe it halves the chance a critical WW will proc CM. before 25% chance for WW crit to proc CM, now its 12.5% chance. so 1 out of 8 WW crit will trigger CM.
Old 2012-08-17, 18:59   Link #3372
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Put up the belt for 750k and it quickly sold. What? Does 1% crit chance help that much, since I see way better belts with more str for like 10k?

Well they finally let me into Act 4. Killed Rakanoth for good measure, and crippling wave seems to make things so much easier.

I can tank most of the monsters in this first portion easily, except that stupid off screen charge those corrupted angels do takes off half my fucking life. I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to have an offscreen and practically undodgable attack.

Then again, I haven't faced an elite pack yet. I'm sure they'll make me want to uninstall the game as always.

My goal is to defeat Inferno Diablo before Guild Wars comes out, without skipping too many mobs. Good luck with that... I know.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-17, 19:05   Link #3373
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to have an offscreen and practically undodgable attack.
Jay Wilson.
Old 2012-08-17, 20:52   Link #3374
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ my favorite from Blizzard is "The solution was pretty simple for this one: we took its damage, and then we doubled it!"
damn! what a genius they are!
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Put up the belt for 750k and it quickly sold. What? Does 1% crit chance help that much, since I see way better belts with more str for like 10k?
hmmm....so you sold it? grats.
Old 2012-08-17, 22:20   Link #3375
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, gg...

I'm done here mostly til maybe 1.04, but chances are Guild Wars 2 will be a far better game and I won't bother with this for much.

Probably won't be til a few months after the expansion or some major changes before I'll bother.

Anyhow, cleared Act 4 and killed every mob in my way with I think one death due to stupidity. Interestingly, Diablo was actually the hardest thing to fight because my dps is poop and I died twice. My 5 valors expired so I switched to Earth Ally and w/e. That stupid bone prison nearly one shots me, and while it's usually easy to avoid, the battle is so fucking long that I have to choose between focusing on my tired hands or eyes. :S

Oh, and of course he drops garbage, but that's not the problem. I couldn't even pick up the garbage because my inventory was full and apparently, you must end the game... you can't go back to town. Why?

Spoiler:

Along the way though, I found a 6 property plan for the first time...
Spoiler:

And this is how the game ends... are we really ending the game on a lackluster still that's exactly the same as the last 3 yet no message of any kind? Is this how you want us to remember the game? Sure the other ones tell you to look forward to the next difficulty, but you'd expect Inferno to have a special message like "a winner is you" or something. But no, nothing. And that really summarizes Inferno difficulty-- uninspired.

It's like a slap in the face even after the game is over, lol.
Spoiler:

Final stats: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/A...0/hero/5464643

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-08-18 at 04:04.
Old 2012-08-17, 23:52   Link #3376
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Wow, your monk has less damage than mines, less life regen and life on hit than mines, but mines is still hitting a wall in act 2.

I think my problem is that I've been focusing too much on crit and don't have the hp and resists necessary to survive. I definitely need more resists.

I've switched to my barb for now however, which I feel more comfortable with (and a lot easier to gear for). I want to move onto other games but I want to clear inferno with at least one class.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:17   Link #3377
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I am now interested in what Blizzard have to say about Magic Find. Are they just going to kill it completely in a misguided attempt to stop robot farming? Making chest drops and pot drops unaffected is already bad enough.

You can't balance a game around cheaters, this is a fact. But Blizzard is doing exactly that.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:24   Link #3378
Wigwams

if i was in charge i would make NV stacks trigger MF/GF on objects. like 1NV = 20% of GF/MF applies. though im not sure, i think bots wont be able to kill elites in inferno.

congrats on killing diablo inferno.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:53   Link #3379
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Wow, your monk has less damage than mines, less life regen and life on hit than mines, but mines is still hitting a wall in act 2.

I think my problem is that I've been focusing too much on crit and don't have the hp and resists necessary to survive. I definitely need more resists.

I've switched to my barb for now however, which I feel more comfortable with (and a lot easier to gear for). I want to move onto other games but I want to clear inferno with at least one class.
You can try linking your profile. It shouldn't take more than a mil these days to smash Act 2.

Yea, my gear isn't very good (500~ LOH, negligible Life regen); not a single piece costs even 1 mil since I sold most of my stuff on the RMAH. (moved to hc for a long while before my friends quit) So this was just kind of a self imposed challenge on myself to see if I could complete inferno anyways. Of course, gear is a LOT cheaper now. My old gear had like 18k but resists were weaker.

But yea, I went from 800 resist all to 1000 resist all, and the differences were huge. I was just running into most mobs in act 4 doing w/e, though there are still some very imba kinds of damages that have to be dodged like the fire bombs and oppressors (those were the guys I thought were corrupted angels) are just plain stupid. Mallet lords of course hurt like hell still. I can also survive long enough just through breath of heaven and potions if I get walled in with something like plague or molten until the wall crumbles.

The lack of DPS sucks though. I've never had an enrage timer get me but it's gotten close a few times.

The other main improvement I did for myself was to not fire off cooldowns at once. In act 1 and act 2 I can just blind, BoH damage buff, serenity and take down the mobs. In Act 3+ you can no longer just dps down enemies and may have to run, so alternating between serenity and blind really lets you have an escape path if things go south.

If I were to continue trying to upgrade, I'd find pieces with higher armor and maybe drop some vitality. Life regen rocks too. Getting crit hit and more damage is nice, but that's just icing to me. I don't really find myself killing too slow even in Act 4. I also really want more LOH, but that proved hella expensive.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-08-18, 01:28   Link #3380
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Inferno Diablo, at least with my monk, is an endurance match. All you do is to outlast him. Elite Packs in Act IV are a different matter of course, but at least in Single they don't have the outrageous HPs they have while playing in a team, which I think is one of the contributing factors why anything more than having 2 people in Act IV is just asking for trouble.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler