AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 05:33   Link #9281
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@Eras
Instead of Overpowered, Id call it being too odd, it has too much weakness, even if its useful and the backstory explained it, its still feel strange for me. I guess because of the deconstruction? (Personal opinion by the way, don't mind)

@Yachi
Search your feeling, you know its true...
Old 2011-11-24, 05:35   Link #9282
Eratas123

@ Zero - It was supposed to be an IS pilot suit so it wasn't meant for too much field use. They stole it and put it on a male so it's not fullfilling it's use. Ichika uses it for a bit later and goes Simon on all the PT mooks.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:38   Link #9283
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^ I think because Agetreme is leaning more on Relistic side with ULTRAREALISTIC character (and some Grimdark), meisters OC hasn't fulfilled that... far from it, Meister want the fic to be fun. All the shit and giggles of crack, all character being sue? No problem, because nobody is stealing spotlight, cause... well, they're all Mary Sue.

Meister did a reconstruction of old era stories, where prince charming and princess classic is very common -Modern readers call them Mary Sue and Marty Stu-, but he using sci-fi crack as setting instead of medieval Eroupe. Despite the crapsack world, the protagonist is ragtag bunch of idealistic people. BUT of course its all my opinion, and as Agetreme said, too much crack for me to handle.
Err... actually I am not on the realistic side. I am far from realistic. The problem is from what I have read about his idea and the story..... there is just too much crack for me to handle: Kamen rider, Gundam, To-aru.... he tried to mix those without some sort of really nice spin to them.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:41   Link #9284
Eratas123

@ Treme - Now it's more like Idolm@ster and some To-aru. Kamen Rider and Gundam are hard to see for me.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:41   Link #9285
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@agetreme: again, it is hard to write from a female's POV unless you've been female or you hang around a lot of women. I have experienced neither. If ever one forces themselves to write in a female POV it may feel male in some respects but just changes the "he" into "she".

@eratas: Tabane making Einstein look dumb is already an impossibility in our current time, the fact that two geniuses are born in the same era being impossible is mind-boggling to me. We're writing fiction. A second genius is improbable, not impossible.

I say humbling because half the stuff I read in humanizing the girls either comes from a b**** slap or f*** off moment from the guys. Yes, I approve they are asserting their humanity and presence but the girls just go into a 180 from that point on.

But take note, he's the only male. The decade IS has been in society doesn't make women rulers if the universe instantly. Any political movement may take years unless you're talking about a revolution and even then you'd need at least another few years of instability. Meaning women are not absolute rule but they are well on the way there.

Tech on IS and military base is because the IS was taken for military use. the sports movement may probably be a result of allowing civilian use. It is a heavy possibility that military is limiting the outlflow of IS derived tech because it is still being properly militarized. The fact that no one outside of ISA or the military has IS tech doesn't mean that IS tech is not being reverse engineered.

@zero: But no one addresses this. They have a weapon that beats or equals the standard superweapon and everyone's like, "We should invest more in the superweapon.".

I am not going against IS units, just that no one is giving them a problem if they are not willing to die a thousand deaths for it.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:49   Link #9286
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: But no one addresses this. They have a weapon that beats or equals the standard superweapon and everyone's like, "We should invest more in the superweapon.".

I am not going against IS units, just that no one is giving them a problem if they are not willing to die a thousand deaths for it.
Oh indeed because the military only released what they feel good for civilians to use. For example, the very Internet we use now. it was supposed to be new type, secret, one of a kind military communication link used by USA.

If we really have to take the real world concept, then there it is; I.S. technology is released to public if the military felt like they have to. It was stated in Canon that I.S. Academy was created so the country can develop I.S. freely without having to share with other. yeah, nuts, and idiotic. But that's how politic went, and the Military DIDN'T share it....

In my stories, Military did share it; Instant med-kit for soldier to recover quickly? Hospital utilize it prominently. Rapid construction of base and combat vehicles? Your office and car is created with similar method. Energy weapon? Toned the power and increase the precision it for process number one and two.

EDIT: Sorry, I completely missed your point.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:50   Link #9287
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - You said that all tech was reverse engineered an I proved that wrong. Not that there's no reverse engineering happening.

Also, how does Daydreams come off as bitch slapping them? I'm pretty sure I portrayed them as less violent and more likeable. I don't see that as telling them to eff off.

You're assuming that all women are power hungry bitches. Majority of them only have slight confidence boosts but not god level egos. Only some of them are.

Edit: All that's been shown is IS hand held weaponry and nothing else. The only one who's been seen using it was the female pilot so we don't even know if its gender neutral.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:53   Link #9288
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ demino_hellsin - You said that all tech was reverse engineered an I proved that wrong. Not that there's no reverse engineering happening.

Also, how does Daydreams come off as bitch slapping them? I'm pretty sure I portrayed them as less violent and more likeable. I don't see that as telling them to eff off.

You're assuming that all women are power hungry bitches. Majority of them only have slight confidence boosts but not god level egos. Only some of them are.
Does it actually sound like that in my fic?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:57   Link #9289
Eratas123

@ Jak - We can't tell since the one's who we've seen are the IS academy students and that one woman beating up that guy. That doesn't exactly portray all women as power hungry zealots.
Old 2011-11-24, 05:58   Link #9290
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Three of us (at least) portray small sample of those zealots power hungry girls, the rest is very much no t liek that.

Hell, I plan to make one where the teenage girls basically go F*** OFF to the female extrimist in a forum debate; all the shit they do ruined their teenage lives for sure.

@ Jak (below)

Yes, be sure to portray decent girl sometimes, though I assumed the silverback team wouldn't be easily convinced, or even care they exist (correct me if I'm wrong please)

EDIT: Sorry, there's some decent couple in chapter 5 for sure (or is that chapter 4, since chapter 1 is prologue) and the Silverback boys don't care/ didn't believe on the couples future

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2011-11-24 at 06:15.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 05:59   Link #9291
DarkJak2050

And I'm one of them, am I?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 06:00   Link #9292
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I said "over half", if you feel daydreams is in that "over half" then I am sorry. I actually like daydreams because it's one of those gems you go to after seeing story after story of Ichika or some other dude "telling" the girls that they're human.

Not all women are power hungry, I can say for certain that they are pretty easy going. However, women are still human and they outnumber men(that is what I remember from the last census/statistics I think by a good 10%?) and there will always be those with dark hearts. But I'm not saying matriarchal rule has to be by some power-tripping women, I'm saying women are taking over the government then. Today having a female president is newsworthy, probably in IS world the reaction is "Oh, another female president. Hope this one's better than the last one.".

I'm not saying they're frequent O.O, just that they're not surprising.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:04   Link #9293
Eratas123

@ Zero - I agree! Do that!

@ Jak - You, me, and Zero do it. But none of us portray it in an anti-female manner and Irish is even shown to be wrong about his perceptions. Hell, he even gets a relationship at the end. Pretty good progress for someone like him.

You might want to tone down on the female curse wording though. It looks offending to some people since your guys always seem to refer to females with a negative connotation.

@ demino_hellsin - Can you please give examples of these "Over half" stories?

EDIT: @ Zero - How long can a human remain conscious after they snap their arm? Would they faint from the stress?

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-11-24 at 06:15.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 06:18   Link #9294
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eratas: I'll concede that point because I don't remember any so probably haven't read any yet.

On the other hand I tend to phase out stuff I don't like and don't spend time thinking on.

EDIT: just because not everyone uses IS tech derived stuff doesn't mean IS tech derived stuff isn't affecting society. For all we know it's a status symbol or something.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2011-11-24 at 06:33.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:21   Link #9295
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Most human wont faint, the pain is unbearable (this is what anesthetic for). Unless the arm broke because of high shock (hit by a car for example)....

As for Irish, emotional shock/ trauma and the coping process of it can make him unconscious instead. Emotional torque is the dominant factor in this case since he lacked the pain factor that keeps him awake.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:23   Link #9296
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - I don't really see any on the archive honestly. If they focus on the girls then they do a good enough job of doing so. If they focus on a gary stu OC then they don't since they focus more on the OC. Romance tends to be pretty well done in the IS archive.

@ Zero - He still gets hurt, he just ignores it most of the time. I'm wondering more on if his body will shut down due to the constant injuries rather than emotional shock since he relapsed after he though Joshua died. He's already not thinking straight.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:29   Link #9297
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - He still gets hurt, he just ignores it most of the time. I'm wondering more on if his body will shut down due to the constant injuries rather than emotional shock since he relapsed after he though Joshua died. He's already not thinking straight.
Then Irish wont faint at all, he went comatose instead. Of course the coma itself isn't too long, probably few days, all the while his damage is treated, and hell regain consciousness.

(cant write well due to missing keyboard buttons, sorry)
Old 2011-11-24, 06:35   Link #9298
Eratas123

Quote:
Then Irish wont faint at all, he went comatose instead. Of course the coma itself isn't too long, probably few days, all the while his damage is treated, and hell regain consciousness.

(cant write well due to missing keyboard buttons, sorry)
Makes sense, though he won't be knocked out for a few days. The skull suit will wake him up after a few hours minimum since a comatose person can be easily taken but it has a hard time jolting his body awake. Of course, this means he's weak afterwards due to his body not recovering completely(Which explains Mactavish's ease in subduing him in the epilogue).

Based on his physique (Kaworu level thin) would he be picked up by others easily?

Side note - What do you mean missing keyboard keys?
Old 2011-11-24, 06:38   Link #9299
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Side note - What do you mean missing keyboard keys?
Old keyboards straight from my old hardware stash after the one I used usually was bitten by a mouse (the cable), havent bought a new one so I used whats left.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:41   Link #9300
Eratas123

Quote:
Old keyboards straight from my old hardware stash after the one I used usually was bitten by a mouse (the cable), havent bought a new one so I used whats left.
You seem to be typing fine. I don't see any missing letters or anything.

Side note - Asked a question above the keyboard one. Need answer to change chapter 5 combat.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest