AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 14:07   Link #1521
Sumeragi
Banned

You're talking to a master of stalling. Ask willx about all the times I held up five Tier 7s by myself with my StuH 42.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:11   Link #1522
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ask willx about all the times I held up five Tier 7s by myself with my StuH 42.
Strangely enough, ever since acquiring the Konigstiger, I have been able to do just that on a rather consistent basis. Them Germans...

Couldn't do it with any other tanks before. When I had the Tiger, I basically had to hide so very often. Despite its reputation in the war, in WoT, the Pz VI was a real Paper-Tiger.

But the Konigstiger? Oh yeah...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:21   Link #1523
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yesterday, on the coastal map, myself, Endless #1 & Endless #2 captured the enemy base while being the sole 3 survivors of the entire fight...
[...]
Oh the hilarity that was last night.
We almost didn't take any damage... except I was hit by an artillery shell. The funny part is that I'd tried to remap the 6 key to my mouse, so I could hit the extinguishers easily... and the remap didn't take, so I spent some time staring at the giant YOU ARE ON FIRE message that was on my screen.

Consumables Slot Number 6 is now bound to the space bar.

Still trying to grind the StuG crew up to 100% on their first elective skills/perks. I realize now that the PzIV crew's big advantage in this was that the PzIV was earning me more average XP per match, and that in the last couple of weeks I've been double-training them with the T-25.

There's no good means of handling that second part unless I buy myself a Dicker Max...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:31   Link #1524
Sumeragi
Banned

The 10.5 cm K gepanzerte Selbstfahrlafette has a crew of five.
Old 2013-01-10, 14:32   Link #1525
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Couldn't do it with any other tanks before. When I had the Tiger, I basically had to hide so very often. Despite its reputation in the war, in WoT, the Pz VI was a real Paper-Tiger.
Many people kinda forget that WoT pits tanks against other tanks of nearly similar specs and/or abilities. This means that the ingame Tiger I is often pitted against enemies that are more or less equal to its abilities - the IS, the T29, the Black Prince etc., which removes its vaunted WW2 superiority. Which is very much what happened IRL when the US and Soviets started fielding tanks with guns larger than 90mm and armor thicker than 100mm - the Tiger I suddenly became totally outdated.

To recreate the situations under which the Tiger I was so supreme, one would have to pit the Tiger against Shermans, T-34's and Matildas using only historical loadouts and equipment. Then you'd see the Tiger reign supreme as it once did (on the flip side you're only allowed to use the L/56 and not the L/71, but still)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:33   Link #1526
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Yesterday, on the coastal map, myself, Endless #1 & Endless #2 captured the enemy base while being the sole 3 survivors of the entire fight... We were the only ones to take the beach route, rushed south, decimated enemy resistance and pretty much secured a capture despite our teammates dissing our plan. Yeah, we sure showed them...

Oh the hilarity that was last night.

- Tak
Oh yeah, that ending surprised even me.

Endless "What just happened?" Soul

EDIT: wait, there were TWO of me?

Last edited by Endless Soul; 2013-01-10 at 14:43.
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:34   Link #1527
Sumeragi
Banned

More importantly, the Tiger is fighting against tanks designed to fight the Tiger. Frankly the Tiger is a Tier 6.5 tank, buffed to Tier 7 with the L/71.
Old 2013-01-10, 14:39   Link #1528
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
The 10.5 cm K gepanzerte Selbstfahrlafette has a crew of five.
Yeah, I know. I'd have to open up a garage slot, get the DMax, and get the DMax a dedicated radio operator...

The Tiger: As I expressed with more profanity last night, and my biggest issue with my Tiger and Panther: Germans didn't build any damn tanks that could fight meaningfully hull-down.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:46   Link #1529
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The Tiger: As I expressed with more profanity last night, and my biggest issue with my Tiger and Panther: Germans didn't build any damn tanks that could fight meaningfully hull-down.
Well, both tanks were designed for offensive breakthrough operations, so hull down ability wasn't something they thought they'd need

And that's why I love my American tanks: they're hull-down kings

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-01-10, 14:48   Link #1530
Sumeragi
Banned

I kill hull-downers by just ramming them.
Old 2013-01-10, 14:50   Link #1531
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, both tanks were designed for offensive breakthrough operations, so hull down ability wasn't something they thought they'd need

And that's why I love my American tanks: they're hull-down kings
Which irritates me to no end and is one of the reasons arty is still in the game. A properly hull-down Super Pershing, T29, etc. can near indefinitely hold down a zone against numerous other enemies .. which is tough to get around if your team has committed to that flank and no one has the mobility to flank them

Not to mention, attempting a break-through charge often times puts me in the shooting range of the 3-4 other guys camping behind the hulldown 'Murica! tank. Luckily the heavies I play usually have great accuracy to plink at whatever few weak spots are available..
Old 2013-01-10, 14:58   Link #1532
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I kill hull-downers by just ramming them.
Well, that's certainly one effective way to defeat hull-downers. The usual mentality of people who hull-down (like me) is that our invincibility plus guns will make enemies keep away. If said enemies decide to ignore that and rush us though, panic sets in

That said, said tactic works less against American tanks that can use more than their turret armor to defend, like the Super Pershing or the M103.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Not to mention, attempting a break-through charge often times puts me in the shooting range of the 3-4 other guys camping behind the hulldown 'Murica! tank. Luckily the heavies I play usually have great accuracy to plink at whatever few weak spots are available..
Holding a flank while hull down does work if your allies take advantage of you keeping enemies at bay. But then again this being WoT, sometimes they leave you alone to your own devices.

Old 2013-01-10, 15:00   Link #1533
Blaat

I'm really liking the VK 3601H now that I got the 7,5 cm KwK 42 L/70, feels like the Tier 6 version of the Soviet 57 mm ZiS-4.
Old 2013-01-10, 15:05   Link #1534
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Many people kinda forget that WoT pits tanks against other tanks of nearly similar specs and/or abilities. This means that the ingame Tiger I is often pitted against enemies that are more or less equal to its abilities - the IS, the T29, the Black Prince etc., which removes its vaunted WW2 superiority. Which is very much what happened IRL when the US and Soviets started fielding tanks with guns larger than 90mm and armor thicker than 100mm - the Tiger I suddenly became totally outdated.

To recreate the situations under which the Tiger I was so supreme, one would have to pit the Tiger against Shermans, T-34's and Matildas using only historical loadouts and equipment. Then you'd see the Tiger reign supreme as it once did (on the flip side you're only allowed to use the L/56 and not the L/71, but still)
Oh of course I understand the MM is meant to place similar tiers in a game, the fact remains that the Tiger is very limited in its role in a similar-tiered match. It cannot lead an assault, it cannot peekaboo, and it certainly can't take much until it burns in flames. I have to say, I felt pretty worthless playing the Tiger at times.

Now the Soviet IS can do all that and better, which is what I have now for my T7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
EDIT: wait, there were TWO of me?
Endless Knackwurst is Utex3

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-01-10, 15:09   Link #1535
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
It cannot lead an assault, it cannot peekaboo, and it certainly can't take much until it burns in flames. I have to say, I felt pretty worthless playing the Tiger at times.
Wait..... is that why I've been able to get Steel Walls by assaulting the enemy so my KV-1S allies can shoot the enemy to pieces, and been able to hide and shoot all the time?
Old 2013-01-10, 15:11   Link #1536
Tak

Quote:
Wait..... is that why I've been able to get Steel Walls by assaulting the enemy so my KV-1S allies can shoot the enemy to pieces, and been able to hide and shoot all the time?
Getting a Steel Wall on a Tiger is really easy, for I have many. Why?

Steel Wall: Receive the most hits (at least 11) of any player on your team, with potential damage of at least 1,000 HP, and survive.

With Tiger's thinner armor, getting 1k worth of dmg can be quite common.

With the Konigstiger... I survive, but with shells bouncing off me so often, I can't seem to always get a Steel Wall since I either die or hardly ever take 1k worth of dmg before end of a fight

- Tak

Old 2013-01-10, 15:12   Link #1537
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, but how are you going to get Steel Wall if your tank was too weak to survive?
Old 2013-01-10, 15:15   Link #1538
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ She basically called you a wuss! Tanks at high noon!

Old 2013-01-10, 15:19   Link #1539
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ She basically called you a wuss! Tanks at high noon!
OOOOH, diss diss!

- Tak

Old 2013-01-10, 15:25   Link #1540
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Tigers at thirty paces?

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks