AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-12-01, 14:03   Link #161
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I don't have the feeling that this show is anything like Hellsing. I just stated that I don't want this show to turn out like Hellsing, where it was all short and didn't resolve anything. If CC only ends up being 13eps afterall then I would hate for it to turn out like Hellsing did. CC is definitely it's own anime.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 15:13   Link #162
aquilus
Dismember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I hope their isn't more fanservice in this show cause it would ruined the overall mood of it. From ep1 this show is perfect how it is just the way I like it.
Amen to that.
aquilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 18:33   Link #163
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Arrow

God i swear, some close-minded people kept on comparing stuff to whatever little shti they knew, prejudiced it as shit, and never gave new stuff any chances.

Wait and see god damn you, you know who i'm talking about
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 19:59   Link #164
NenMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-
God i swear, some close-minded people kept on comparing stuff to whatever little shti they knew, prejudiced it as shit, and never gave new stuff any chances.

Wait and see god damn you, you know who i'm talking about
nothing wrong with comparing *some* animes, but i do agree donrt write off a series that u only seen 1 ep of because summin else is comparable
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 20:04   Link #165
DekaMaster
Banned

The best release of Chrno Crusade is from Wolf Pack Productions. The timeing,typesetting,editing,encoding was amazing all around.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 23:02   Link #166
Rebochan
Clubbing

Can anyone with better Japanese skills comment on the accuracy of WPP's? I downloaded A-kraze's earlier today and now I'm watching the WPP release and noticing that MANY of the lines are dramatically different. Which one is closer?
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-01, 23:27   Link #167
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Ok obviously you haven't read my previous posts and just assumed I didn't like the first episode. I loved the 1st ep. After hearing though that the series is set for only 13 eps, it got me a bit worried that it may turn out like Hellsing did. Both started off strong, but Hellsing ended very abruptly and flat. I would hate to see this series go down that path. Now if they leave it as a cliff hanger like Vandread and pick it up for another season then great. Don't get me wrong I loved the 1st episode and can't wait to see more.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 00:00   Link #168
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
nothing wrong with comparing *some* animes, but i do agree donrt write off a series that u only seen 1 ep of because summin else is comparable
Agreed, I believe that this series is definitely worth a shot.

But nevertheless, I'd rather have this whole series as one instead of two or more seasons. Cos that means that we will have a cliffhanger and we have to wait for a few months till the next season is out.
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 17:16   Link #169
Tboz

Chrno Crusade ep 2 from chronoGen and A-keep out now.

Start downloading...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 17:19   Link #170
sonar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebochan
Can anyone with better Japanese skills comment on the accuracy of WPP's? I downloaded A-kraze's earlier today and now I'm watching the WPP release and noticing that MANY of the lines are dramatically different. Which one is closer?
I don't know Japanese but I noticed this as well.

yeah... if you compare, the majority of the subs give the same meaning; but check out WPP's (especially the part where the 3 nuns rag on Rosette). They are completely different. If someone who knows japanese fairly well (and not one of the groups who released ^^; ) could comment, it'd be appreciated.

Also, as for chrno itself, looking at the first ep it seems to be following the manga's general direction (story is more or less the same, just details are a bit warped). And for those who love the fanservice, I doubt Gonzo would pull the shower scene .
sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 20:43   Link #171
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Frustration over the weekend.

They had like one volume of the manga at my local BN

some other person got it before me

GRrrrrrrrr, i've always wanted to read the manga

Anyways, dling the 2nd episode right now. Seems like Joshua and Fiore are gonna be introduced somewhere in the episode. Can't wait
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 21:06   Link #172
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Hmm... interesting... I haven't started on this series, but I might. On that topic of the difference in the translation, I'll try looking into after downloading. I know some Japanese, and I lived in Japan for two years, although I was like 3 at the time, so I might be able to help you on that.
Anyways, this is an interesting series, because I really liked Hellsing and I thought it had lots of potential... just that the potential sort of died near the end...
KeishoumoriDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 21:12   Link #173
KeishoumoriDei
Big Blue Thing With Mops

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth
Oh, and just a few notes.
After reading the Japanese Title of this, I can say that the proper pronounciation of this series would actually be Chrono Crusade or Crono Crusade. I have no idea why they decided to name it Chrno Crusade but.. whatever.. sorry if this was mentioned already.
Another thing is that does anyone think that girl.. who I don't know the name of looks like Excel from Excel Saga? It's that oranged-haired girl in the nun suit....
KeishoumoriDei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-02, 23:28   Link #174
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonar
Also, as for chrno itself, looking at the first ep it seems to be following the manga's general direction (story is more or less the same, just details are a bit warped). And for those who love the fanservice, I doubt Gonzo would pull the shower scene .
Heh, who knows though... Ever since Kiddy Grade (and all that criticism of it by American fansub viewers due to its fanservice... Though I doubt they were the reason for this) none of the Gonzo series have had a trace of fanservice... And Rosette's outfit seemed to have gotten more conservative.
Old 2003-12-02, 23:49   Link #175
LeiMagusIII

Quote:
They had like one volume of the manga at my local BN
You mean Barnes and Nobles? It's out????

If that's true, so help me God, I'll be at a B&N faster than Rosette could take down a building.
LeiMagusIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 00:00   Link #176
cbm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Heh, who knows though... Ever since Kiddy Grade (and all that criticism of it by American fansub viewers due to its fanservice... Though I doubt they were the reason for this) none of the Gonzo series have had a trace of fanservice... And Rosette's outfit seemed to have gotten more conservative.
If that last closing still pose isn't fanservice, I honestly don't know what it is. Certainly less than modest....
cbm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 00:03   Link #177
cbm5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbm5
If that last closing still pose isn't fanservice, I honestly don't know what it is. Certainly less than modest....
Well, could be the sub I'm watching. But episode three looks like it will have elements of fanservice as they do get her out of the habit.
cbm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 00:03   Link #178
LeiMagusIII

Ah, just checked Animenation. Guess it's not out yet. Er...ignore my last post...
LeiMagusIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 15:08   Link #179
Zerox20
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Zerox20
Just to let everybody know for CC feedback, CC 02 will be out soon from us so please give feedback after viewing!
Zerox20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 19:00   Link #180
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Minireview:

I just checked out the chronogen's version of ep. one and I am very impressed with how they edited it. Some lines:

Yes, it's like an enormous hunger that's been satisfied. The hostages are probably already...

Your white underwear is as dazzling today, as always.

By using the rarest of silvers, I've created a magic bullet that greatly surpasses the power of the Sacred bullets.

(disclaimer: I don't speak Japanese)

The editing is on par with A-Keep's, the best I've seen of the others, but without the bullettime effects in the kareoke.

One interesting quirk from this version is that Rosette introduces herself as "Christopher Rosette" and not the other way around. Not sure if this was intentional or not... but it was the only thing of note that I could see.
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote