AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-04-23, 17:21   Link #2921
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...3567922083.jpg

looks like the magnacs aren't done by katoki this time, it's junya ishigaki again
Yes, he's the 'non-Gundam' mechanical designer for the novel, iirc. He was listed in the staff credits a few chapters ago, he also designed the capsules and such. So I guess by non-Gundams they also meant he's doing Mobile Dolls and Mobile Armors...

Also, where did you get that scan? I assume that's from this month's issue?

(EDIT: Katoki is listed as 'Mobile Suit' designer, Ishigaki as 'Mechanical'. So I guess since the Maguanacs in the novel are Mobile Dolls they don't count as MS? *Shrug*)

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-04-23 at 17:50.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 17:44   Link #2922
gordol
Banned

the scan was floatin on some chinese forums, nothing else at moment, if anything comes up i'll post here
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 08:09   Link #2923
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Isn't the new issue out in Japan by now...? :B Even though it's early morning.

Any news? REI posted a blog related to FT somehow, but I'm not sure what she's saying:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2605658.html
There's mention of a 'delay' related to the Earthquake but I don't know if she means there's no chapter this month. There was one last month so I don't know why there wouldn't be this month unless last month's chapter was already squared away before the quake...

Nothing from Kouryakukan yet, but I expect he'll post something today.
It was coming out on the 26th while I was over there...so, tomorrow afternoon-ish New York time :P I think...still getting used to the time difference

Hopefully Deacon can tell us what that blog post says...I see that some of the Ace authors participated in a charity event, but I'm not really sure why that would delay the chapter...?
allison13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 08:21   Link #2924
wingzerosnuggles

Cover of latest Gundam Ace. No FT on the cover but there is an ad for GoL so hopefully we'll still get a new chapter of that?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 12:49   Link #2925
allison13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post

Cover of latest Gundam Ace. No FT on the cover but there is an ad for GoL so hopefully we'll still get a new chapter of that?
I have that one already...last month, I believe?

Edit: That's the one that was released the same day as the first Glory of Losers.
Old 2011-04-24, 13:10   Link #2926
wingzerosnuggles

Ack, my mistake then. Dx Btw, no updates from Kouryakukan yet but Ganota has some info up:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/ganota/20110424/1303618805
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 13:34   Link #2927
Kitsoru

Yeah, that's last month's cover.

But yeah, Ganota appears to say (along with REI) that there's no chapter this month.. Glory might still have a chapter but they never report on that (I mean, we already know what's gonna happen..)

But damn, that MG Epyon is looking sweet.
Old 2011-04-24, 18:07   Link #2928
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:

But yeah, Ganota appears to say (along with REI) that there's no chapter this month.. Glory might still have a chapter but they never report on that (I mean, we already know what's gonna happen..)

But damn, that MG Epyon is looking sweet.
I indeed. I really like the "dragon mouth" feet.
Old 2011-04-24, 20:46   Link #2929
allison13

Quote:

Well, that sucks. That was about all I had to look forward to all month And on that note, I think I need to go get a life now...

By the way, do we know any details about Relena's situation? Other than she got her brain messed with and wears a mask now? Has she just completely been left out for the past few chapters or what? I was trying to explain what had been happening in the story so far to someone, and couldn't really say anything about Relena other than they froze her and defrosted her again. I sort of thought they'd have gone in to a little more detail so far - seems like the most information we've gotten so far about a particular character is Duo. Which is all fine and well, and I know the anime series left characters out for several episodes at a time, but...kinda seems like we should know a little more about what she's up to, at this point.
Old 2011-04-24, 21:31   Link #2930
Rock_Queen

Hey Guys I was thinking about the fact Heero has to kill Relena again and I remembered the scene when he said he will kill her for the first time and I drew my frozen teardrop version more sexy and lovely ofcourse xD http://nanseva.deviantart.com/#/d3eta5k
Rock_Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 21:36   Link #2931
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by allison13 View Post
Well, that sucks. That was about all I had to look forward to all month And on that note, I think I need to go get a life now...

By the way, do we know any details about Relena's situation? Other than she got her brain messed with and wears a mask now? Has she just completely been left out for the past few chapters or what? I was trying to explain what had been happening in the story so far to someone, and couldn't really say anything about Relena other than they froze her and defrosted her again. I sort of thought they'd have gone in to a little more detail so far - seems like the most information we've gotten so far about a particular character is Duo. Which is all fine and well, and I know the anime series left characters out for several episodes at a time, but...kinda seems like we should know a little more about what she's up to, at this point.
No, it's as you say.. It's completely up in the air. 9_6 We know that she was 'defrosted wrong' in that she was woken up only with Zechs' files, and not Treize's also (I guess?) but it's not clear what the Zechs files are.
I think it was suggested that these chapters that Father is showing Kathy are the Zechs files but I'm not sure- since they seem to be from Father's point of view it wouldn't really make sense that they're the Zechs files...

I guess they're giving us Duo Jr's backstory first, though (and Naina's, Father's, etc by extension).
Old 2011-04-24, 21:46   Link #2932
allison13

Quote:
No, it's as you say.. It's completely up in the air. 9_6 We know that she was 'defrosted wrong' in that she was woken up only with Zechs' files, and not Treize's also (I guess?) but it's not clear what the Zechs files are.
I think it was suggested that these chapters that Father is showing Kathy are the Zechs files but I'm not sure- since they seem to be from Father's point of view it wouldn't really make sense that they're the Zechs files...

I guess they're giving us Duo Jr's backstory first, though (and Naina's, Father's, etc by extension).
Giving us backstory, or confusing the hell out of us even more? For the record, though, it seems like the story is turning out a little better (in my opinion) that the first few chapters lead me to believe it would. Or, at least...the summaries seem interesting I seriously wish I could read Japanese.
Old 2011-04-25, 18:49   Link #2933
Kitsoru

Better scans of the Maguanac redesigns:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../33/MC2313.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...b1/MC43432.jpg
Old 2011-04-25, 18:54   Link #2934
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Those are awesome.
Old 2011-04-25, 19:05   Link #2935
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Too bad they got rid of the numbers. The redesigns are really good though. Rasheed's suit is just bad-ass.

Looks like one of the suits is holding a wooden axe.
Old 2011-04-25, 19:13   Link #2936
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I like the shoulder-mounted beam cannons a few of them have.
Old 2011-04-25, 19:39   Link #2937
allison13

Quote:
These are from this month's issue?
Old 2011-04-25, 19:41   Link #2938
Kitsoru

Quote:
These are from this month's issue?
Yup

I'm really digging them, myself. Rashid's crest is awesome. I hope they put out some models of them

EDIT: REI's impressions of this month's Wing related stuff, and an 'unrelated' Duo doodle:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2618670.html

In lieu of FT I guess there's some illustrations by Asagi, maybe? Talks about the Maguanac designs, other new designs, etc. Says that next month FT might be twice as long as usual (hence the no FT this month)? It would seem she says this month's Glory involves Duo and Deathscythe... Though we left off on Quatre and Trowa. Hm..
OH I see, it's the scene where Duo is whining at Heero in his tanktop before going to sleep (the night before Heero steals 'scythe's parts to fix Wing. I love that scene ).

Not Wing related but REI also says Uniqlo is getting some Unicorn collab graphic tees... Gonna have to get my friend that works there to nab me one :u

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2011-04-26 at 16:48.
Old 2011-04-26, 19:48   Link #2939
allison13

Quote:
Yup

I'm really digging them, myself. Rashid's crest is awesome. I hope they put out some models of them

EDIT: REI's impressions of this month's Wing related stuff, and an 'unrelated' Duo doodle:
http://pixiv.cc/usabiba/archives/2618670.html

In lieu of FT I guess there's some illustrations by Asagi, maybe? Talks about the Maguanac designs, other new designs, etc. Says that next month FT might be twice as long as usual (hence the no FT this month)? It would seem she says this month's Glory involves Duo and Deathscythe... Though we left off on Quatre and Trowa. Hm..
OH I see, it's the scene where Duo is whining at Heero in his tanktop before going to sleep (the night before Heero steals 'scythe's parts to fix Wing. I love that scene ).

Not Wing related but REI also says Uniqlo is getting some Unicorn collab graphic tees... Gonna have to get my friend that works there to nab me one :u
Says something about a "pin-up"...wonder if that means the little poster that comes in every issue will be a Wing one this month? That would be cool. And at least we get Glory of...Losers. Haha. I wonder if the delay in FT was earthquake related.

And Uniqlo <3. They don't have those in the states anywhere that I don't know about, do they? They had some cool Evangelion shirts there but I didn't have a chance to get one before I left.
Old 2011-04-26, 21:14   Link #2940
Kitsoru

Quote:
Says something about a "pin-up"...wonder if that means the little poster that comes in every issue will be a Wing one this month? That would be cool. And at least we get Glory of...Losers. Haha. I wonder if the delay in FT was earthquake related.

And Uniqlo <3. They don't have those in the states anywhere that I don't know about, do they? They had some cool Evangelion shirts there but I didn't have a chance to get one before I left.
Oooo, I sure hope so! Even though I can't get my hands on my issue until July :T

There's two in New York City- one is in Soho, I forget where the other is. I just checked on the Japanese site (the US one is garbage) and the shirts are indeed Unicorn/UC.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing