AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 4 9.30%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 39.53%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 16.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-10, 22:10   Link #81
prototype_sky

I am surprised Yayoi actually tried to bring her in considering she just learned that being branded is pretty much a death sentence given the fact that they'll just kill you if your number gets too high regardless.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:12   Link #82
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
It hit my mind that Yayoi has a eye for Kogami... LoLs
Old 2013-01-10, 22:13   Link #83
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

In any case, even if have known why and how that Yayoi Enforcer becomes there will always be this question: "How she got her CC increase" is what it is because his music became banned and unable to play with his group, her CC increase?
Old 2013-01-10, 22:15   Link #84
Shadow5YA

I'm not sure if this is a proper time for Yayoi's backstory, considering we were left with a big cliffhanger in the previous episode. While there is nothing wrong with the episode itself, the timing for this feels a little... jarring.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:19   Link #85
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I am surprised Yayoi actually tried to bring her in considering she just learned that being branded is pretty much a death sentence given the fact that they'll just kill you if your number gets too high regardless.
That's why I said she was selfish. Yayoi felt betrayer because Rina wouldn't play together with her anymore, because she chose being a rebel over making music with her. That's why she pulled the trigger.

Just like in one of those Mexican telenovela.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It hit my mind that Yayoi has a eye for Kogami... LoLs
That's a good one. lol
Old 2013-01-10, 22:21   Link #86
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not sure if this is a proper time for Yayoi's backstory, considering we were left with a big cliffhanger in the previous episode. While there is nothing wrong with the episode itself, the timing for this feels a little... jarring.
Probably, if Yayoi was shown at the very last moment of Episode 11, it would be a good timing to open her arc. Too bad that was not the case.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:29   Link #87
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Anyways, I liked this episode a lot. I was also surprised when the Dominator didn't work. I thought Yayoi would've ended up shooting her friend or something, but the way it unfolded was much more unconventional and interesting.

To the people questioning the random break: I think it was effective in the way that it still leaves you hanging on and keeps an air of mystery. I think Urobuchi knows we're all dying to see what will happen to Akane, and he wants to ramp up the "hype" even more. With that said, I hope we get to see Akane next episode... I've been waiting for too long.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:31   Link #88
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
With that said, I hope we get to see Akane next episode... I've been waiting for too long.
More KogamixAkane!!!!
Old 2013-01-10, 22:39   Link #89
prototype_sky

This episode builds an even stronger case of how broken the system is. It's very clear now that everyone is slaves to that computer and the fact that no one can recover means that the rehab centers are there to mask the fact from the general public that crossing over 100 means the end of your life. If people were being eliminated immediately there would've be a rebellion.
Old 2013-01-10, 22:44   Link #90
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
This episode builds an even stronger case of how broken the system is. It's very clear now that everyone is slaves to that computer and the fact that no one can recover means that the rehab centers are there to mask the fact from the general public that crossing over 100 means the end of your life. If people were being eliminated immediately there would've be a rebellion.
yes you are right and she could see kind of place some potential criminal was locked... then I do not know if this is the same kind of place that real criminal not normally dangerous as Yayoi was the place where it was for the CC not less than 200?
Old 2013-01-10, 22:48   Link #91
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Anyways, I liked this episode a lot. I was also surprised when the Dominator didn't work. I thought Yayoi would've ended up shooting her friend or something, but the way it unfolded was much more unconventional and interesting.

To the people questioning the random break: I think it was effective in the way that it still leaves you hanging on and keeps an air of mystery. I think Urobuchi knows we're all dying to see what will happen to Akane, and he wants to ramp up the "hype" even more. With that said, I hope we get to see Akane next episode... I've been waiting for too long.

We gonna see the yayoi's friend rebel again
Funny to see the rope on her neck , a hint on how she will end ?
Old 2013-01-10, 22:53   Link #92
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
We gonna see the yayoi's friend rebel again
Funny to see the rope on her neck , a hint on how she will end ?
At their next meeting there is chance that it is to capture him in a rehabilitation in a center where so ... Yayoi kills with the dominator

or simply Rina fled again and at the present time have reviews 3 years later with Makishima the help that these murderous ambitions
Old 2013-01-10, 23:06   Link #93
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

No word yet on how apparently politicians have to be approved by Sibyl? Just when I thought the System couldn't get much worse...

And now with this notion of "Sibyl-approved music", we can possibly expect K-On crossover fanart, heh.
Old 2013-01-10, 23:09   Link #94
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
And now with this notion of "Sibyl-approved music", we can possibly expect K-On crossover fanart, heh.
+5 good one !
Old 2013-01-10, 23:10   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
No word yet on how apparently politicians have to be approved by Sibyl? Just when I thought the System couldn't get much worse...

Not to mention fanfics.

"Ritsu and Mio: Lesbian Rebels Against Sibyl!" could be a good one. Can Ritsu and Mio manage to avoid being Dominated by Kougami? Is this K-On's last Tea Time?!

"No more cake for you." Kougami says, Ah-Nold style, as he pulls the trigger.
Old 2013-01-10, 23:12   Link #96
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Not to mention fanfics.

"Ritsu and Mio: Lesbian Rebels Against Sibyl!" could be a good one. Can Ritsu and Mio manage to avoid being Dominated by Kougami? Is this K-On's last Tea Time?!

"No more cake for you." Kougami says, Ah-Nold style, as he pulls the trigger.
+20 000000 ~ very good one !
Old 2013-01-11, 00:06   Link #97
prototype_sky

I wonder if Yayoi has been conditioned while in rehab they've clearly been drugging her from time to time. Also she was practically the only barely sane person in that center.

It seems that Ginoza may have lied to her or kept her ignorant in the beginning about being able to return to normal life since it didn't dawn on her that she was serving a life sentence until Kogami's speech.

Last edited by prototype_sky; 2013-01-11 at 00:42.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:34   Link #98
Tiranas

This episode did not do much for me. I still don't really get Yayoi. Why support the system after everything it has done to her and after what she has seen while being institutionalized and heard about the chances of people actually recovering from being branded latent criminals?

Also, the single most annoying thing about the entire show for me keeps being the "Dominator". It is a horrble weapon for any kind of lawenforcement. This time we saw how it apparently is useless in hostage situations. There is also the fact that you can't take anyone over a certain crime coefficent alive for questioning (about accomplices, or where they might have hidden a ticking bomb or a starving hostage, ...). Additionally it takes forever to actually be ready to fire, because it speaks to you and does flashy transformations, which takes seconds in which anyone wanting to shoot you with a normal weapon has plenty of time to do so.
It irks me because Psycho Pass is a really intelligent and well-designed show and this one stupid feature keeps sticking out like a sore thumb for me.

Edit: Also, it makes sure to kill in in the most gory way possible so that anyone around to witness (possibly hostanges or other kinds of already shocked victims) is even more traumatized and subsequently more likely to turn into latent (or actual) criminals themselves.

Last edited by Tiranas; 2013-01-11 at 00:59.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:35   Link #99
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
I wonder if Yayoi has been conditioned while rehab they've clearly been drugging her from time to time. Also she was practically the only barely sane person in that center.

It seems that Ginoza may have lied to her or kept her ignorant in the beginning about being able to return to normal life since it didn't dawn on her that she was serving a life sentence until Kogami's speech.
I do not really know ... but what is certain is that every time the CC Yayoi increase it a little undergoing gauze.... I hope it was not regular ...
Old 2013-01-11, 00:37   Link #100
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranas View Post
Also, the single most annoying thing about the entire show for me keeps being the "Dominator". It is a horrble weapon for any kind of lawenforcement. This time we saw how it apparently is useless in hostage situations. There is also the fact that you can't take anyone over a certain crime coefficent alive for questioning (about accomplices, or where they might have hidden a ticking bomb or a starving hostage, ...). Additionally it takes forever to actually be ready to fire, because it actually speaks to you and does flashy transformations, which takes second in which anyone wanting to shoot you with a normal weapon has plenty of time to do so.
It irks me because Psycho Pass is a really intelligent and well-designed show and this one stupid feature keeps sticking out like a sore thumb for me.
+5 for you I totally agree, the dominator ... Sybille eyes ... the thing Makishima hate...