AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-16, 08:38   Link #1441
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Source? Because in the Major Nelson interview with Joe they gave the example of the son attending university or something and the father sharing games with him.
that was sarcasm > but if you want my honest guess = they could go name route
e.g > WoW = if 2 account have same last name = family account = can transfer character but if they don't have same last name than you can't transfer characters

so xbox family share == only account that have same last name can share games with each other = family share
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:39   Link #1442
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Honestly, it seems that nothing's going right for the Xbox division right now.

Supply Chain: Yield issues, leading to low avaibility. ( if rumours are true)
Sales: Sell-in limitations due to supply constraint.
Marketing : lol
Public Relations : They're in a PR nightmare right now.
Legal : The implications of their various policies across different countries clearly hasn't been well thought through. They're going to get a lot of complaints once this launches too. The T&Cs are just too complicated and not consumer-friendly for the average consumer.
Developer/Publisher Relations : No doubt publishers will start asking questions on this 'family share plan' and the risk of loss sales, seeing as Microsoft is subtly promoting this feature now.
Customer Service : Lack of knowledge to deal with XBONE queries, leading to more PR nightmare.

And while this is a separate thing, I do feel that the quality of Microsoft Studios... hasn't been that good in the past few years. It's easy to be wrong here seeing as no one knows what kind of work they're developing behind the scenes. It just feels that way.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 08:50   Link #1443
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
That's VAC banning. Valve can actually ban Steam accounts altogether preventing people from playing games, though that's usually due to suspicious activity (accounts being sold/stolen, accounts registering keys taken/purchased from unauthorized sites).
Thank you for that, I found it rather strange that you could be banned from your account and yet still access your account. It'll be amusing to see how Microsoft handles this, as it is with everything they've been doing regarding the XBo.
Old 2013-06-16, 09:25   Link #1444
Destined_Fate

http://24.media.tumblr.com/37a7a0ab4...wdwo1_1280.jpg

Hmmm.... That's bad news if true.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:28   Link #1445
Westlo
Lets be reality

EA already said that Battlefield 4 was from a PC (you could see a backspace promt) that was put down to mid spec levels on the graphics to match what the Xbone version will look like.

edit - lmao xbone-tan

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-06-16 at 09:54.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:58   Link #1446
Skane
Anime Snark

Makes for great comedy in fiction, but a terrible person to be with in real life.

Old 2013-06-16, 10:26   Link #1447
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Okay, finally finished that interview. Was not a fan of xbox, and now they give me a reason never to be interested. Nice. There's just too much wrong going on. They're losing sight of what made a console so great as an alternative option to PC's. what the hell do I care about cloud computing? What about graphics? What about installationand DRM? That's all PC

I want my plug and play capability back. I want that freedom where there is no contract agreement wizard trying to sneak in a clause for me to sign off everything I own including my soul just to play a game. I want a console where I put in my disc and its finished. I can just play. If you're telling me thatthis is backwards and has no place in the future then just say it. Just say consoles are obsolete and have no place in the future.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 10:35   Link #1448
Blackbeard D. Kuma

To each their own. For some consumers, these "issues" have no bearing on them.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:06   Link #1449
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
What the heck is that thing on Major Nelson's face?
Its his microphone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
the xbone family share thing is going to be great for people who take advantage of it, if you have 1 friend who you play games with all the time online than this just cut your purchases in half, as well as allowing you to check out whatever they buy that normally wouldn't interest you.
So long as you don't want to play the game when your friend or family does. In fact, the whole "ten" thing could end up being a problem. The more people that are sharing the game will mean that more people will want to play it will mean that more likely you'll run into people who want to play it at the same time. I think what Microsoft is banking on with this idea is that people will share for purposes of demoing games, but will end up buying the game for convenience purposes. I can't say that's a bad thing, it would be nice to be able to demo a full product.

In fact your mentioning of online got me to thinking the most likely conflict that will arise with this; multiplayer.
Who are you to most likely use the sharing feature with?
Friends and Family
Who are you to most likely want to play multiplayer with?
Friends and Family
How many players do most multiplayer games support nowadays.
Four or more
Uh oh, that's more than two. At first you'll be like, "Hey guys check out this awesome game," but then you'll be like "Would you buy the game already you cheap bastards so we can play together."
I must say, clever Microsoft, at first glance this could be mistaken for a replacement for used gaming, but when you look into the details you realize its just a feature to tempt you into buying games.

Last edited by saravis; 2013-06-16 at 12:04. Reason: An additional thought
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:07   Link #1450
Westlo
Lets be reality

You can play the game the same time as one other person.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 12:21   Link #1451
saravis

Quote:
You can play the game the same time as one other person.
Exactly, ONE, no more. If you want to play some Halo or hit up some tag team fighter or play an MMO with your friends, you are out of luck. Even with just single-player, if you have two other people playing at the same time, you'll have to either wait or contact them and ask them to stop. If, that is, you can actually see who is currently playing. If not, you'll have to just wait or contact everyone you've shared the game with. Don't underestimate the likelihood of conflict.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:41   Link #1452
4Tran

Quote:
the xbone family share thing is going to be great for people who take advantage of it, if you have 1 friend who you play games with all the time online than this just cut your purchases in half, as well as allowing you to check out whatever they buy that normally wouldn't interest you.
I figure that if this feature works as advertised, it will cut into game sales. And so Microsoft will be forced to restrict it until it no longer does so. It's like the PS3 digital games policy. We used to be able to put the same account on up to five computers, so five people could download and play a single digital purchase. Sony now restricts this to two systems per account.
Old 2013-06-16, 13:21   Link #1453
Eclipze

According to one of the angry joe videos, the family thing only allows up to 2 people to play the same game. So even if you have all your CoD/BF4 buddies on your "family" list, only 2 will get to play each game at the same time.

Want all 10 of your friends to be able to play CoD/BF4 at the same time? Minimum of 10 xboxone and 5 copies of the game. Sounds good, but eh...at lot of hassle, especially if they impose other limits on the family list such as "you cannot change family members once they are keyed in, it is a permanent choice".
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 14:30   Link #1454
Alchemist007
*Author

Love the comic up there.
Old 2013-06-16, 16:16   Link #1455
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
According to one of the angry joe videos, the family thing only allows up to 2 people to play the same game. So even if you have all your CoD/BF4 buddies on your "family" list, only 2 will get to play each game at the same time.
Assuming you want to play the singleplayer of those games, since the multiplayer is not part of the feature, going by the same source.
Old 2013-06-16, 19:18   Link #1456
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
As opposed to every other console, where only 1 person can play each game at the same time?
Quote:
Want all 10 of your friends to be able to play CoD/BF4 at the same time? Minimum of 10 xboxone and 5 copies of the game. Sounds good, but eh...at lot of hassle,
Like when you wanna have ten of your friends play online on separate boxes and you have to have 10 consoles, and 10 games? That's so much easier.

Look. There are plenty of things to question about the Xboxone sharing model. Like whether the friend restrictions on the sharing make up for physical trading. Or if the limits on the number of friends would be an issue. But seriously. But lets not mindlessly complain about it not letting dozens of people remotely play a game, when no other console in existence has done that. That one feature is a pretty big innovation. Maybe it doesn't make up for all the Xboxone's shortcoming (incluing the sharing model itself), but it's immature to just write it off going by impossible standards.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 00:26   Link #1457
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
To each their own. For some consumers, these "issues" have no bearing on them.
That's a good point.

I mean there's a lot of noise but the question is how much will this actually make a difference?

For the record it could be that the XBOX 1 will sell even better than the PS4 even with all of these flaws and that's probably what Microsoft is betting on. All this hate are coming from people who would buy it anyways.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 00:40   Link #1458
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
All this hate are coming from people who would buy it anyways.
Well that's simply not true, There have been plenty of xbox fan that HATE this decision and if not for all the bullshit would have preordered by now. However
the point remains possibly true because the most vocal of fans on the internet do NOT necessarily represent the feelings of most consumers who DON'T keep track of Xbox news.

Though those users with poor or no internet will be very unplesently surprised if they pick up an xbox one only to find it won't work.
Old 2013-06-17, 00:58   Link #1459
Alchemist007
*Author

I probably wouldn't have too much to worry about with the xbone. I have stable high speed internet and I usually don't buy games second hand. The thing is, I'm not comfortable contributing to a bad business practice, but I think my biggest quip on launch would be the price. I got a used PS3 for $175 recently and some older big name games for a fraction of the cost of a new game. It's a fairly old console now but the other big advantage (and the reason I bought it now) is the huge library of games.

As far as the current xbone lineup looks, only a few games caught my eye and only one was actually an exclusive (if it's available on PC, I'd rather get that). So I think if I'm ever going to get an xbone, it would be pending my ability to accept the drm policies, and how far down in price it goes as well as the exclusive library lineup.
Old 2013-06-17, 06:25   Link #1460
com_gwp

Odd thought popped into my head last night: Since the Xbox One has a HDMI In, what are the chances I'll be able to hook up a PS4 to it?

Was it specifically mentioned anywhere how the box is supposed to act as a receiver? This could be something that would genuinely interest me about the system.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote