AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-08, 10:46   Link #201
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Big mistake, I'll end up watching all the rest now. Wolfrun was a better bad guy than Suite's Trio the Minor ever managed to be
Agreed with that. When he was chasing Miyuki and Candy, it looked like he's running slower on purpose and slowly catching up to scare them more. Also looked like he was serious about eating them which of course will result to death.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 10:54   Link #202
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Potential Smile pairings the way I see it:

PinkxRed, PinkxYellow, PinkxGreen
RedxYellow, RedxGreen
YellowxGreen, YellowxBlue
GreenxBlue
PinkxRedxYellow, YellowxGreenxBlue

All that from one episode.
Nice and active imagination you got there
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 17:46   Link #203
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Agreed with that. When he was chasing Miyuki and Candy, it looked like he's running slower on purpose and slowly catching up to scare them more. Also looked like he was serious about eating them which of course will result to death.
He WAS running slower on purpose. He even said "Come one, run faster or I'll catch you" in a mocking tone. It was great too see a serious bad guy. Also... Yaoi... SO CUTE!!!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 03:52   Link #204
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Interesting start. Although the show borrows a huge lot from previous installments to the point when you can dissect particular scenes against scenes from older seasons, it feels fresh and alive. I suppose this should be attributed to the work of the director who also did DX movies. The magical library scene was interesting, I wonder what that was all about. Also, OPEDs are as awesome as ever.

Quote:
Potential Smile pairings the way I see it:
I hate you.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 04:24   Link #205
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
everyone look how much popular pretty cure became in japan you wont belive to what you see http://www.pretty-cure.it/curiosita/...e-in-giappone/
page 2:http://www.pretty-cure.it/curiosita/...ppone-parte-2/
page 3: http://www.pretty-cure.it/speciale-r...arte-3-finale/
woah.. that is.. freaking insane.

I'm.. speechless. (not in a bad way)

Anyway, regarding Smile Precure, I couldn't stop watching the opening and the episode.. I just loved it
Old 2012-02-10, 21:08   Link #206
Midonin
Last Engage

The series hasn't really had time to establish much of anything yet, but looking at pixiv, the two most popular pairings for the series so far are Nao/Yayoi and... Miyuki/Wolfurun. Yes, really.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 22:17   Link #207
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
everyone look how much popular pretty cure became in japan you wont belive to what you see http://www.pretty-cure.it/curiosita/...e-in-giappone/
page 2:http://www.pretty-cure.it/curiosita/...ppone-parte-2/
page 3: http://www.pretty-cure.it/speciale-r...arte-3-finale/
That is what every kids franchise looks like in Japan that runs there. Every ounce of merchandise is produced for a kids show. Everything from bento boxes to band-aids. I just want to doremi wand I see in the back >.>

Nice animation and the designs look much better when animated. But man holy Ojamajo Doremi for the transformations scenes, even the sound effects.But what do expect from the same company.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 20:54   Link #208
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Wilhelm Grimm's Magical Girls 02 - Follow the Sun/Catch the Sun: Wilson's Revenge:
Old 2012-02-11, 22:34   Link #209
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for For size:
Old 2012-02-11, 23:38   Link #210
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for For size:
What is that!? From what I can read, it means some.. day.. or daytime.. hejyan.. po? Correct me if I'm wrong.

New version of opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=i59ixLcYJo0
Cure Sunny transformation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WQpu...layer_embedded
(Sorry, don't know how to post youtube videos ._.)
WORDS CAN'T SEEM TO COMPREHEND HOW AWESOME THE EPISODE WAS
Spoiler for Smile precure- Episode 2 CURE SUNNY! :D:
Old 2012-02-12, 01:15   Link #211
FateAnomaly

Looks like a pretty good start. Much better than the annoying bickering pair. Miyuki also seems to help limited teleportation ability or will all the precures have it?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 01:28   Link #212
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
What is that!? From what I can read, it means some.. day.. or daytime.. hejyan.. po? Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not sure what it says, unfortunately. @_@

Quote:
Cure Sunny transformation:
What an AWESOME transformation.
Old 2012-02-12, 02:51   Link #213
xizro345
King's Justice

It seems to keep on going in the right direction:
Spoiler for Episode 2:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 05:00   Link #214
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
lol, I'm still a complete novice at Japanese myself so don't expect I can read anything else from that poster, but the big words right in the center at the bottom say "Ashita e JYANPU!!", i.e. "Jump to tomorrow". As a grammar particle, the へ hiragana is occasionally read as "e" and is used to indicated a place/direction like the English word "towards".
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 13:10   Link #215
Midonin
Last Engage

Akane's expression is what sells it.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:53   Link #216
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Spoiler for For size:
It says lets jump to tomorrow with the 5 Precures. The 9th Precure series that just started's theme is Smile, the 5 precure that's full of energy will work together and make the future bright.
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 14:36   Link #217
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Okay, that was also a great episode.
The henshin footage is damn good.

And after watching another time Cure Sunny transformation, her Cure Decor is red (as well as the crystal shining right after she put it in the pact).
I thought she was the orange Cure...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 05:00   Link #218
ShiroiRyu

Hey hey hey !
About this show ... The heroine ... is dumb ...
DUMB AS HELL ! XD
But i like her. Seriously, she miss her super attack, she is exhausted ...
Anyways, at the end of the episode, they show the next All Stars ... with already the Smile Precure ? Oo
Old 2012-02-13, 06:30   Link #219
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, I'm still a complete novice at Japanese myself so don't expect I can read anything else from that poster, but the big words right in the center at the bottom say "Ashita e JYANPU!!", i.e. "Jump to tomorrow". As a grammar particle, the へ hiragana is occasionally read as "e" and is used to indicated a place/direction like the English word "towards".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
It says lets jump to tomorrow with the 5 Precures. The 9th Precure series that just started's theme is Smile, the 5 precure that's full of energy will work together and make the future bright.
Thanks for the translation . Obviously, both of you know Japanese better than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Okay, that was also a great episode.
The henshin footage is damn good.

And after watching another time Cure Sunny transformation, her Cure Decor is red (as well as the crystal shining right after she put it in the pact).
I thought she was the orange Cure...
I heard from some website that the company had changed the colour of the cures.. or something :S. However, I think it'll make it harder for the character designers to design the character and costume for a precure with a orange colour.. since Hino's precure clothes are mostly orange.
Old 2012-02-13, 09:29   Link #220
Sol Falling

Okay, episode 2 was great, lol. Miyuki and Candy's interactions at the beginning were really quite cute, the henshin's are indeed gorgeous and Cure Sunny's fiery theme is quite cool. Very strong/natural induction of Hino into a Pretty Cure as well, this time, based on their friendship versus Miyuki's somewhat too dreamy/idealistic "happiness overcomes everything" motivation last episode. However, even that makes sense given Miyuki's love of happy fiction in picture books and I can see now how this sets her up perfectly as the main protagonist in this series where "bad ends" are the goal of the villains.

I find Smile Precure's opening song itself somewhat less catchy than Heartcatch and Suite's offerings but the animation is indeed pretty gorgeous. And I think I'm already somewhat catching onto Blue x Green as the last two Precures who look to become the more mature, reliable "Onee-san"s of the collection.

Haha, alright, I'm fully on the Smile train now. Guess I'm in for another year of Precure. Hopefully it can keep this quality up.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical girl, shoujo