AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-05, 00:59   Link #281
redflame

I have also forgotten to mention that I LMAO when Happy and the other 3 precures were doing their special attacks and the witch was looking them thinking "What the heck?" But I thought it looked like they were constipating

I also expected Cure beauty to have the sword involved with her special attack (as seen in the opening) but I guess not. Maybe we'll get to see all the precure's special weapons one day with other attacks
Old 2012-03-05, 01:58   Link #282
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

This show is good.

They're is just one thing that kinda bothers me : How come they're friends so fast ? This anime got all : strong design, superb art, nice animation, great humor... Only the personality and the interaction feel weak to me.

To compare with Sailor Moon, sure Precure got more action, and good action. It's nice to see them kick and punch, cause the Sailor senshis didn't fight that much besides super attacks and stuff...
Still it feels like each Cure is an archetype, and just won't step out of the role.
While in Sailor Moon, the characters where more... Balanced. Sure, you got the smart one, the tomboy, the wannabe-idol... But they had a various range of expressions.

And Usagi and Rei weren't friend that much at first (it took time for Rei to stop picking on Usagi).
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 02:56   Link #283
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
They're is just one thing that kinda bothers me : How come they're friends so fast ?
Because it's Precure. Suite having animosity between Kanade and Hibiki initially is the exception rather than the rule.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 06:50   Link #284
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Smile precure surprised me (in a good way). Miyuki, Akane, Yayoi and Nao think that a certain pose is needed to do the special attack? Ok, it would seem logical that if certain action / pose worked then just keep doing it.

Also liking the fact that special moves can't be spammed because doing it only once gets them really tired.

This week's akanbe monster can't be taken down by simple brute force - you need to think too, something that intelligent precure are good at doing. Next week's opponent is probably something that can be taken down only if all 5 of them work together as a team.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 19:02   Link #285
Midonin
Last Engage

Now for a bit of cross-franchise Reika goodness.

The Ice Beauty (氷結の美女)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 21:46   Link #286
FateAnomaly

Cure Sunny should really work on her gathering power stance. She look so awkward while doing it! Finally the members introduction part is finished. Hopefully the real action will start now.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 23:17   Link #287
gsilver

Yeah. I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with the show. The introductions were nice and all, but the characters have yet to go beyond the archetypes, and the "five episode ones" has gotten a little old.
Old 2012-03-07, 00:16   Link #288
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
While in Sailor Moon, the characters where more... Balanced. Sure, you got the smart one, the tomboy, the wannabe-idol... But they had a various range of expressions.
SM was mainly The Usagi Show. While at the beginning it didn't impact the story that much, later it became really an issue.

Quote:
Because it's Precure. Suite having animosity between Kanade and Hibiki initially is the exception rather than the rule.
In fact Suite failed to capitalize on this. Not expecting anything particularly complicated, but the initial "reason" for the animosity was baffling to say the least...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 16:42   Link #289
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
SM was mainly The Usagi Show. While at the beginning it didn't impact the story that much, later it became really an issue.
Smile Precure will fall into this trap. Someone's favorite character is going to be ignored every episode. My favorite character is Nao and I'm disappointed how little attention she got in episode 5.

In other news, the creators make it really easy to believe they all are in love with each other. Aesir Fansubs posted this picture with Episode 4:
Spoiler for Pic:
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 05:02   Link #290
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Saw it posted in "Another" image thread.

Spoiler for gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Smile Precure will fall into this trap. Someone's favorite character is going to be ignored every episode. My favorite character is Nao and I'm disappointed how little attention she got in episode 5.
They might go the Precure 5 route of little plot progress and instead have some character development up to episode 17+ - there might be 2 or 3 Nao centered episodes if they decide to do it that way. Still, I'm hoping they would try to do something different with Smile.

Spoiler for minor Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai spoiler:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-03-09 at 07:22.
Old 2012-03-10, 20:24   Link #291
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Wilhelm Grimm's Magical Girls 06 - Candy Pop Sweet Heart: Miyuki's Antarctic Expedition:

Last edited by Midonin; 2012-03-11 at 23:40.
Old 2012-03-10, 20:43   Link #292
redflame

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2012-03-11, 10:33   Link #293
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

I'm not sure if I like this "playing with/against our own tropes" thing Toei has going on in the latest years. Granted, Precure has always been kinda like that, but not as much, and if we add Fourze and Go-Busters which do everything to work around tropes of their franchises, it might be evident that the genre is running out of gas.

I'll be really disappointed if they won't keep using the bookshelves portal system, it's a rather clever setup that can't just poof like that after one episode.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 10:43   Link #294
Midonin
Last Engage

Every genre goes through its reflexive period, and that cycles back to a few "back to the basics" series, and then those start making fun of themselves once again... these things always work in cycles. Just that this cycle happens to be very meta.
Old 2012-03-11, 16:30   Link #295
xizro345
King's Justice

You also have to take into account (I read it somewhere, but can't find the link at the moment) that the Smile script was being written when the earthquake hit. The whole event may have triggered some modifications in the story.
Old 2012-03-11, 23:33   Link #296
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 03:03   Link #297
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
You also have to take into account (I read it somewhere, but can't find the link at the moment) that the Smile script was being written when the earthquake hit. The whole event may have triggered some modifications in the story.
actully suite precure script was write when was the earthquake and not smile precure.and what do you think on the joker do you think he more strong villian then the outher 3 or not?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 03:22   Link #298
redflame

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Ah, interesting thoughts you have there .
Now that you mention it, it is actually suspicious that he mentioned that there was 5 precures. How did he know? Maybe he was originally form Marchenland but.. possessed by Pierrot or.. something. I think maybe everyone insisted that there were 5 because they wouldn't want to fight more of them. It was funny how the Majorina thought there were 100 precures and I also think Wolfrun and Majorina were being cocky to cover up their fear.

When I watched the episode for the second time, I looked closely at joker to see that he had some purple on his hat and assumed the same thought you had, surprisingly . But obviously, when you think about it it doesn't seem right. But hey, anything could be possible and the storywriters could surprise us.
Old 2012-03-12, 07:42   Link #299
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
actully suite precure script was write when was the earthquake and not smile precure.and what do you think on the joker do you think he more strong villian then the outher 3 or not?
I remember clearly saying they were 1/3rd done with Smile when that happened.
For the villain, all I can say, he has the same voice as Saint Seya's Shaka if my ears don't deceive me, so that's quite odd, at least for me.
Old 2012-03-12, 08:10   Link #300
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Tags
magical girl, shoujo