Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-19, 21:41   Link #1
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Soul Calibur II HD coming to PS3 and XBox 360

Quote:
During its San Diego Comic-Con panel today, NamcoBandai Games announced an HD, multiplayer-enabled remake of its classic fighting game, Soul Calibur II. It will release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this fall.

In the teaser trailer shown to attendees, Tekken's Heihachi Mishima was shown -- the presence of Nintendo's Link, who guested in the Gamecube version, and McFarlane's Spawn, who appeared in the Xbox version -- were not present. Licensing expiration and platform competition could mean neither will be present. Namco gave no comment when a fan asked about their inclusion in this version, according to attendees.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...line-announced

This is pretty cool. Soul Calibur II is supposed to be one of the better ones in the series. I had it on GameCube back in the day, but the GCN controller sucked for playing the game. A DS3 will do much better for this game.
Old 2013-07-19, 21:58   Link #2
Shadow5YA

What are they going to do about the old console exclusive characters?
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 22:15   Link #3
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

They won't have Link. No one should expect that. As for Todd McFarlene characters...there was Spawn and...what was the characters name? Necrid? Hopefully Spawn and Necrid won't be in SC II HD. I don't want them in it. I think just having Heihachi in it is all that is needed. I think he is by far the best guest character in SC II. Link was a novelty. I thought it was cool back in the day, but, I dunno, maybe it was his character design for the game, but he doesn't really fit in. Heihachi does. Sure, he has no weapons, but because he is fighting all these characters with weapons with his bare hands, that makes him so badass.
Old 2013-07-19, 23:38   Link #4
Destined_Fate

Passing on this, SCV killed the series for me.

Hate what they did to Sophia and how no one seemed to age but a few characters and everyone else was MIA for the most part.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 00:07   Link #5
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Don't tell me this is the surprise they kept telling us to wait for....

I was hoping for something else.
Old 2013-07-20, 00:35   Link #6
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Passing on this, SCV killed the series for me.

Hate what they did to Sophia and how no one seemed to age but a few characters and everyone else was MIA for the most part.
SC5 was fine. Even if the story was on the weak side, I think they more than made up for it by improving the gameplay balance from 3 and 4.

Though not everyone plays competitively, so I guess that part doesn't matter...
Old 2013-07-20, 14:12   Link #7
Destined_Fate

Very few that buy Fighting Games are competitive. They did a vast change and left many fan favorites in limbo with no closure or resolution at all to them while many complained the new characters were just clones that "replaced" their favorites.
Old 2013-07-20, 14:28   Link #8
Shadow5YA

Point taken, though I'm not really sure what kind of "closure" fans would want when Soul Edge and Soul Calibur return every game, even when they get destroyed in the previous game's ending.
Old 2013-07-20, 18:56   Link #9
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

meh...
I got my PS2 copies of SC series, don't need this. It's just another lazy cash in imho.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:25   Link #10
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Point taken, though I'm not really sure what kind of "closure" fans would want when Soul Edge and Soul Calibur return every game, even when they get destroyed in the previous game's ending.
For the characters having their arcs wrapped up. Killing Sophia off during the skip and having many beloved character vanishing without explanation only to replace them with clones, with little personality save for the main two due to the gutted story mode, wasn't a good move at all.
Old 2013-07-21, 01:04   Link #11
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
For the characters having their arcs wrapped up. Killing Sophia off during the skip and having many beloved character vanishing without explanation only to replace them with clones, with little personality save for the main two due to the gutted story mode, wasn't a good move at all.

Whatever they did with Soul Calibur V, none of it was as bad as that Star Wars bullshit.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:12   Link #12
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Again, how do you wrap up everyone's story when they all involve either acquiring or destroying Soul Edge's influence for good? The damn thing comes back every game even when it's been destroyed several times over by now.
Old 2013-07-21, 13:15   Link #13
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

They said they wanted to do more with the story of SC5 but they didn't have enough time to do so. Personally, I thought the series peeked with SC2.