AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 19:56   Link #1921
Pong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I know how the short story goes. I said this went an anime-original direction precisely because they've invented a plot that wasn't in the short story and hijacked the short story with it.
Yep, the short story ends with Yukina whacking Reina back into the future and then her and Kojou getting embarrassed when they realize it was their daughter.

All that dragon and Yukina leaving stuff is 100% made up.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 21:42   Link #1922
rladls716

I guess Koujo is still uncomfortable with Yukina being the observer.
Of course he still wants Yukina be with him minus the observation job part.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:13   Link #1923
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well while this series has had its ups and downs, overall have still enjoyed it. Maybe didn't turn out as great as I thought it might be from the first few episodes, but guess things go that way sometimes.

Bit of a strange choice to end with a side story, but I suppose that does require fewer episodes.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2014-03-28 at 16:29.
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 07:58   Link #1924
LKK

I removed and edited several posts that were off-topic. A discussion comparing favorite / best harems does not belong in a thread dedicated to the Strike the Blood anime series.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 01:25   Link #1925
Frontier

Another enjoyable episode and a decent start to the final Strike The Blood arc!

I was aware going in that this arc was adapting a side-story, so I certainly wasn't expecting the dragon showing up, Schneestrum Wolfin getting smashed, or Yukina being called back by the Lion-King Organization. If I'm understanding things correctly, this is all generally anime-original right? Well, there's enough precedent for being worried about it and complaining about the unnecessary additions, but I can kinda understand the anime creative team wanting to close out the anime with some sort of climactic event/story rather than just ending it on an ordinary side-story. Then again, why not give Volume 6 both an extra episode and more budget while giving the side-story one episode to close out the series? From the sounds of it, that probably would've worked .

But at the same time, I can say I'm so far enjoying the arc and what's being presented. It was certainly nice to see Yukina start questioning her own feelings, and Kojou's, while coming up against obstacles that would separate her from him. If I'm hoping for anything to come out of this arc, it's at least a little more overt honesty from Yukina in regards to her feelings for Kojou and not just hide behind her job as his Observer .

The new addition in this episode certainly didn't leave much doubt towards her identity, Akatsuki's weird penchant for calling family members by name with honorifics aside, and offered some interesting tidbits about the potential future of the series:

- Poor Yaze is going to end up losing his hair and potentially become fat .

Though would being told about this beforehand change that future .

- Asagi earns herself the nickname "Doc" in the future, though how she could have gotten that moniker and her exact relationship with future Kojou is left little vague.

- She seemed surprised at what Kojou and Yukina's relationship was like in their younger years, which implies that in the future that they're potentially not as close or affectionate with each other, at least not in front of their daughter. She seems to know her mother quite well, so I wonder if Kojou isn't as big a presence in her life and all she knows about him is what Yukina told her?

It was also quite interesting to see how the daughter has inherited Kojou's vampirism, and has Familiars that seem based off Kojou's but that form weapons instead of just attacking on their own .

Sayaka slapping some sense into Kojou in the preview? Darn it Sayaka, that's not going to get you a kiss !
Old 2014-03-28, 01:42   Link #1926
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Schneestrum Wolfin getting smashed
Please call it Sekkarou.

Quote:
If I'm understanding things correctly, this is all generally anime-original right? Well, there's enough precedent for being worried about it and complaining about the unnecessary additions, but I can kinda understand the anime creative team wanting to close out the anime with some sort of climactic event/story rather than just ending it on an ordinary side-story.
The part that is anime original is the dragon, as well as Sayaka and Vatler. The first 15 minutes were pretty much exactly as the short story.

Quote:
Then again, why not give Volume 6 both an extra episode and more budget while giving the side-story one episode to close out the series? From the sounds of it, that probably would've worked .
That's exactly my complaint. Can't really understand the decision to drag out the short story while rushing volume 6. I don't think the episode was bad or so, but I just don't think this decision is really justifiable.
Old 2014-03-28, 06:19   Link #1927
Edon613

So was watching the series over for the lols and I don't know if anyone else mentioned it because I'm too lazy to look through 98 pages of posts

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Edon613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 07:25   Link #1928
EroKing

Old 2014-03-28, 09:55   Link #1929
Avaricia
My Lord

dat biting scene... even Vatler was embarrassed watching them
dat ending... Itoujima Island got split
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:02   Link #1930
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 24 (End):
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 10:51   Link #1931
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 24 (End):
I'm at work, but question
Spoiler for Question:
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 14:37   Link #1932
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Spoiler for Question:
They showed Asagi's daughter at the end of the finale after credits when Reina returned to her own time. Anyway, good final episode. So Mogwai was behind the entire thing including the Lion King Organization.
Old 2014-03-28, 14:39   Link #1933
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Only
Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-28, 15:26   Link #1934
EroKing

lol

Old 2014-03-28, 15:35   Link #1935
GDB

I liked how everyone had that awkward look, since even they realize that a vampire sucking blood is equitable to sex. I'd still say Moegi and Reina are half sisters, since it makes sense with the story they'd set up since the beginning, and everyone calls him Kojou-kun (his sister and Reina, at least, both do, so it'd be no surprise that another daughter does too).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 15:55   Link #1936
Kakurin
大佐

Haven't had time to watch it yet, only skipped through a couple of scenes. Astarte giving mini-Nina a massage was just adorable!

Oh, about Moegi

Spoiler for Comparison to Novel:
Old 2014-03-28, 16:21   Link #1937
Enternal

Yeah I was a bit disappointed that they did not show the hint regarding whose the father of Moegi was unlike the LN.

Anyways, wow, this went well! This year Tokyo Ravens and Strike the Blood in my opinion did a really good and fun job on the adaptation! I really would love to see another season if possible and iirc, Strike the Blood is selling well. Tokyo Ravens sales are bit... disappointing though.

One thing that always surprised me is... *ahem how developed Reina was compared to her mother. And how less developed Moegi was compared to her mother. I guess there is always balance in this world?

On a side note, I hate it when I see a character with a side ponytail. I have a thing for side pony tails so... I feel like a bad person to be "OMG! MOEGI HAS A SIDE PONEYTAIL. HELL YEAH!!"

And oh god... even Vatler was embarassed! But yes at least we also get to see more Vatler even if it was not really in the original short story. I like Vatler so having him on screen more is nice too.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 16:39   Link #1938
BW95
Banned

The Empire of Dawn looked better than I thought. If you guys want numbers, the whole thing expanded 200 times.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 16:50   Link #1939
Pong

I have to say the whole leaving plotline wasn't very good. It was the typical "It's better if we separate, wait no it won't, let's stay together" thing. Well, it was anime original thing so I shouldn't expect too much. Sayaka was awesome this episode. I cheered when she talked some sense into Kojou.

So it broke because Yukina grew too strong. Couldn't tell her that yesterday Reina?

Good thing Asagi got interrupted. Such hasty confessions in the middle of a crisis usually spell death.

Okay, Yukina mistaking a medical check-up appointment for withdraw order really strained by suspension of disbelief. How vague are those orders?

I know lot's of people don't like Yukina catchphrase but really, it's Kojou fault. He should stop saying that it's his fight when he didn't win a single important battle without Yukina's help.

Okay, mother-daughter double spear was awesome.

Yeah, they finally realized who she was... not that they'll soon admit it.

So in the future Kojou and Yukina are like the King and Queen of an actual Empire? Nice.

Also, There was this guy with knock-off spear. I wonder what's his deal.

Wait, is Moegi's mother Asagi?
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 16:56   Link #1940
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
http://i.imgur.com/2PLJxjgl.jpg
- Oh my god. Finally, a surefire way to get Vatler to shut up.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires