AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-09-22, 20:31   Link #8261
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now that you mentioned it, I do see a difference; we outright panned Casey with few-liners, but for Nena we crit her with Walls of Text.

However... It does seem that Canaan got worse treatment than Casey, don't you think?
Old 2009-09-22, 20:33   Link #8262
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Now that you mentioned it, I do see a difference; we outright panned Casey with few-liners, but for Nena we crit her with Walls of Text.

However... It does seem that Canaan got worse treatment than Casey, don't you think?
That's because Nena could be salvaged. Casey is untreatable.
Old 2009-09-22, 21:24   Link #8263
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I guess we're all tsunderes.
Old 2009-09-22, 23:02   Link #8264
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
I posted a version of this OC a while ago, and received no comments on him. I'm going to assume the lack of responses was because of the haxx OC posted right before mine. I would like some comments on him, thank you all.

Spoiler for Johannes Lucius Ulrich:
Well, I don't see any inherent problems with this. no haxx or anything. Just go with it, make it work for you ^^

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:22   Link #8265
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for...

Spoiler for Crash goes berserk!:

Grab your Whoa Shit handles. It's going to be a wild ride to finish out the chapter.

For followup notes here. In the fifteen seconds time that takes place over the last page from the first berserk punch to Vita getting her head back into the game, nobody even realizes Crash just lost it completely. It'll take them a few more exchanges to realize what they up against isn't Crash, but 'Full-Auto-Crash'. I should mention that the first blow landes exactly at 42.9 seconds in the song. The entire exchange, as Vita views it, then occures from 42.9 on blow one, to buster shot FIRE at 57.

The rest of the berserk sequence will plan out to sections of this song.

I think it's highly appropriet that the song constantly spouts thinks like 'C-C-COME ON!' and "KINGDOM COME!!!!"

For Crash himself, you see just how much stress and confusion it took to make him Snap. A combination of already extreme personal stress, a near concussion, getting startled by an alarm and capping everything off with a PTSD flashback when he fixates on the Gold Eyes Subaru gets in CC-IS mode. The brain gives up and takes a nap.

Last edited by AdmiralTigerclaw; 2009-09-23 at 02:34.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 04:35   Link #8266
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
I guess we're all tsunderes.
Nothing to do with that.

Let's just say that even for a casual reader, there seems to be a little more thought in Nena than the other character. If myself as GM or if my players decided to be dicks, we would have pulled one in our campain. However, we learned something called "restraint" and "awareness of the frame we are working in". So, no level 150 multiclassed paladin/ninja/psion/druid/fighter/wizard.

And to quote the opening post of OCT1

Quote:

Please avoid DBZ-like characters. Unstoppable gods with enough power to blow up a planet by accidentally sneezing doesn't make for a very interesting discussion, and is not faithful to Nanoha-verse.
Old 2009-09-23, 05:20   Link #8267
Nijiru

I've just discovered something called "The Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test", ( http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm ) and was wondering if anyone else here has used it before.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 05:23   Link #8268
mamott99
The Burning Toilet

Send a message via AIM to mamott99 Send a message via MSN to mamott99 Send a message via Yahoo to mamott99
Quote:
I've just discovered something called "The Universal Mary Sue Litmus Test", ( http://www.springhole.net/quizzes/marysue.htm ) and was wondering if anyone else here has used it before.
Show that to Kha and he'll emo over the results.

Because on a scale of 1-10, "I'm lactose intolerant and I decided to set my toilet on fire. I downed a quart of 91% rubbing alcohol. It destroyed the porcelain in my bowl and I'm down a toilet. What should I do?" is a 3.141159265...
mamott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 05:24   Link #8269
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Old. It was posted a long time ago.
Old 2009-09-23, 05:31   Link #8270
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Old. It was posted a long time ago.
To hilarious results, I remember.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 08:43   Link #8271
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yeah.

*kicks the corpse of Kha*

Hilarious results indeed.

But why need a litmus test when you could simply run it through the Outer Cadian Heavy Flamer Grill? The test is a load of fail; the grill's a whole load of hot templatey goodness, gauranteed to lock in the juices of patties made from 100% home-grown original characters!

What can I say? The Burgers Are Better At Outer Jack's.
Old 2009-09-23, 09:32   Link #8272
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Yeah.

But why need a litmus test when you could simply run it through the Outer Cadian Heavy Flamer Grill? The test is a load of fail; the grill's a whole load of hot templatey goodness, gauranteed to lock in the juices of patties made from 100% home-grown original characters!

What can I say? The Burgers Are Better At Outer Jack's.
They're way expensive too. Heaven only knows how much the upkeep of Ion Cannons, 'Big Bear'-class Artillery, Snark Six-Shooters and the occasional Massive Generic CGI Explosion of the Week is gonna cost us by the lunch-break...

Old 2009-09-23, 09:36   Link #8273
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[LoweVision]

Quote:
gauranteed to lock in the juices
Quote:
Quote:
[/LoweVision]

*rubs eyes*

... that's gotta have some delicious buns ther-

*SHOT*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 10:03   Link #8274
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
*cycles particle driver*

"RAMPAGE!"
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 17:06   Link #8275
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
That's because Nena could be salvaged. Casey is untreatable.
She had trouble fighting any of the mages straight up... Subaru could have trashed her had the fight gone on long enough, and Fate came pretty close to "befriending" her. =P
Old 2009-09-23, 17:25   Link #8276
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Ehh.

So I wrote this in as a way of jumpstarting my brain to write more. I should have Gospel done by the end of the month.

In any case...

Spoiler for a bedtime story:
Spoiler for Notes:
Old 2009-09-24, 12:02   Link #8277
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

It's a revised version of the original "Mary Sue Litmus Test" which was tried out a bit.I ran two charecter concepts into it: 1st was an Airborne officer who was among the 2nd group of paratroopers, nominated for the Medal of Honor (highest US Military award for valor), received the Distinguished Service Cross (2nd highest award for valor), led a 12-man team in an assault on a fixed position with only 1 casualty while being outnumbered, had that same assault studied for the next 60 years as a classic example of what to do right, was a badass and ass kicker in his own right, and was widely respectly and greatly loved by his men.

2nd was a kid from the country who competed in the Wimbeldon Cup, set the world record for longest sniper kill, and was hailed as THE one and only Marine Sniper, setting a recond and a reputation that continued to be upheld as the gold standard of sniping in the Marine Corps, creating a legacy of training and teaching that survives to this day.

Both of them scored ratings of: "TOTAL SUE KILL IT WITH FIRE."

The names of those two men: Major Richard E Winters, Easy Company, and Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock, Marine Sniper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamott99 View Post
Show that to Kha and he'll emo over the results.
Probably that's what caused the whole breakdown and "Kha is dead! I am Meister Babylon! I have a Canon!" e-drama a while ago. Nevermind that in thought, word and deed, Kha remains very much alive, legend and name notwithstanding, or that he only exists, by his own admission, to troll and post khrack, worldbuilding being a secondary concern.

Quote:
Yeah.

Now now, you should be true to yourself. Even if you've changed the name, the core is still the same. All you killed was just a legend - but the core remains the same, even if you've changed your legend.

Explanation in advance: A legend, also known as a cover (though legend is the industry term and refers to the person, wheras cover is the whole packacge) refers to the personal identity details of the person; for example, in NCIS Season 4, while undercover, the legend used by Tony DiNozzo was that of Film Professor Anthony DiNardi. The legend referred to his personal details: name, mannerisms, habits etc. The cover as a whole referred to the other aspects of his identity: job, house, etc.

Quote:
Ehh.

So I wrote this in as a way of jumpstarting my brain to write more. I should have Gospel done by the end of the month.

In any case...

Spoiler for Notes:
Approved.

One more stone that builds the house that is Keroland, which will spawn her, the shy berserker daughter of two parents.... And the omake hints at Noland being the descendant of that knight, eh?

...so the Black Dragon is Neltharion? <.<

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2009-09-24 at 12:14.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 12:42   Link #8278
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Ehh.

In any case...

Hell, it's about time.

I concur with Goose: Every plank that builds the Keroland Ark is bliss for me, it seems.

Somehow imagining the last scene in my head made me ignore the gratituously violent nature of the fairy tale, the astonishingly unnerving ability of such a tale to send people to sleep -either Noland isn't a brilliant storyteller, or Vivio/Syn are just too tired to be disturbed by the details/be enraptured by the sheer epic nature of the tale - and the blatant "we go a long way back" shipping hint.

And that, coupled with your usual writing style on one of its better days = love. I need more of this stuff: I'm starved of it right now.

[Rabid Fanboy]KEROLAND FOREVAAAAAA[/Rabid Fanboy]

*is run over by the steamroller that is SCHOOL*

Quote:
Spoiler for Omake? Maybe?:
Hur hur hur...

Return to your destined owner, o' cursed blade, and grace this humble thread with your fiery JUST RAGE.
Old 2009-09-24, 21:13   Link #8279
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Ehh.

In any case...

Nothing like kids to work in more fluff.

Apart from the objectionable pairing (NEED MOAR VIVIOLAND!!!) at the end and the resulting drawing of a flock of wild geese from hiding, it's pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Probably that's what caused the whole breakdown and "Kha is dead! I am Meister Babylon! I have a Canon!" e-drama a while ago. Nevermind that in thought, word and deed, Kha remains very much alive, legend and name notwithstanding, or that he only exists, by his own admission, to troll and post khrack, worldbuilding being a secondary concern.
Hidenobu Kiuchi: "The man known as Kha no longer exists."

Whether he returns or not is up to Fate. ( at Funya-n)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Now now, you should be true to yourself. Even if you've changed the name, the core is still the same. All you killed was just a legend - but the core remains the same, even if you've changed your legend.

Explanation in advance: A legend, also known as a cover (though legend is the industry term and refers to the person, wheras cover is the whole packacge) refers to the personal identity details of the person; for example, in NCIS Season 4, while undercover, the legend used by Tony DiNozzo was that of Film Professor Anthony DiNardi. The legend referred to his personal details: name, mannerisms, habits etc. The cover as a whole referred to the other aspects of his identity: job, house, etc.
I was suffering from clinical depression brought on by feelings of inadequacy when compared to how easily every other Medical student seemed to be handling their lives. OC became an evil because I was using it to seek approval, rather than express myself like I always have. Things started out fine, but then I slowly came to pander to whatever you guys want, and then suddenly that was in conflict with what I wanted to do with Nanoha World.

With OC as a bad drug, my life going to Hell, the feeling of being abandoned as the senior OCers went on to the next stage of their lives and then losing grip on the last few things that had meaning in my life... People who know me know that I am a child in the mind. That test and many other incidents were what broke the inexistent back of Kha.

Funny how drugs, counselling and hypnotherapy change things. I see things in greater clarity now. I know that the faint fuzziness when I view something, the way my thoughts simply scatter like marbles when I let go, it is just a symptom of ADHD that I'll have to live with for the rest of my life. At least I'm not seeing fake people!

Sure I have to redo my second year, but this time I'm with the best of the class. I don't feel lost anymore, and that itself has weaned off whatever feelings of attachment to OCT. Many things have changed, but it is as you said, I have to be true to myself in the end. I still love OCT, I still love Khrack. I'll just do both! I don't need to feel inferior because no one agrees with my work. I don't need this matrix of sanity to prop me up. No more trying to exceed the farcical existence of h4xxbusters. I'll live on. I'll embrace the insanity of Meister Babylon!

But you've not seen me pull a Dr. Casey before, have you? Knowing that I will stay away from that kind of h4xx is good enough for me. But if being true to myself is trolling your face, take a look in the mirror first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
[Rabid Fanboy]KEROLAND FOREVAAAAAA[/Rabid Fanboy]

*is run over by the steamroller that is SCHOOL*
NO YOU

*runs another steamroller with a banner "FOR VIVIOLAND!!!" stuck onto the cab over Xena*
Old 2009-09-24, 21:46   Link #8280
Anita
~ I Will ~

That said, FOCUS ON YOUR LECTURE! ^-^
Anita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content